Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

oh Jayney im so sorry. your cycle seemed shorter this time though, so that is a good thing yeah?

Amanda, im happy to say that i dont have pictures of us doing it doggy style! hahahahaha, you crack me up!

i made a really cute desk calendar with funny pictures of the dog. he will love it i think.

Yeah it seems to be getting in to a rythm. So exhausted but can't sleep past 5 am.

Just feel so down right now and like such a failure.

no, dont feel like that. you have to remember that you are under heaps and heaps of stress right now with your mum and such. and that would have an impact.
we all feel like shit when AF arrives, and although i know you will be telling me this in a couple of day when i sink ...try and think of something good...like your cycle getting shorter. that will make it easier....you have a healthy LP, thats great too!

my thing will be using my monitor. you have to try and take some lesson, something good out of each cycle!
Even the cycles i totally botched it by believing cross hairs too early or lulled into semi high temps comfort and missed my window....it sucked at the time, but i learned from each cycle.

Bugger Jayne :( Rats rats rats.

Gin I think a beta could be good, you could ask them to do a progesterone check too. When we were talking about my loss at 11+ weeks the FS told me that research has showed many losses at the very end of the first trimester are due to progesterone issues.

AFM, because my progesterone fell again today I was called back to the clinic and started on progesterone pessaries this afternoon. Just what I needed, something else that wants to be in my wazoo. Honestly there won't be any room in their soon. My bloody cervix is so low and hard that it feels like it's about to fall out...

DH is cautiously excited. He's worried about money (I'm the main breadwinner) plus he's new to the country and doesn't know how anything works here. He's found fertility treatment quite confronting. Lucky he has 6 sisters so he's pretty au fait with pregnancy and post-partum stuff in general! I've just ordered a copy of What to Expect... in his language, hopefully that will help him with some of his questions.

Maddy remember you have a family assistance know it all right here in me! (i used to teach it) happy to help any one navigate through the family assistance system! wrk out entitlements and such!

Thanks Abby, I needed that reminder.

I am terribly proactive, I booked our birthing centre today - it is one of those places you have to book the moment you get your BFP or else you miss out as they only have a handful of rooms and it's the only place like it in Canberra. You get assigned a middie at 14 weeks and she is your buddy right through. The rooms have double beds and DH is welcome to stay with you. Most rooms have spas too, for water births. Going to sign paperwork & have a tour next week.

Oh Jayne sorry honey xxx

Ababa you crack me up hahaha

Abby that sounds cute :)

I haven't bogged into a hospital yet? Should I have? My doctor is useless,I don't have a clue about being pregnant in this country! Haha

Thanks girls, supposed to see mum today but feel so emotional I can't face it. I know that makes me such a bad person. Going to be a hard day.

Got given some freelance work at my old job for two days this week so going to have to get over it!

Lainey - yep, you should because most people have their first hospital appointment around 14-18 weeks and the hospital takes over your care from your GP. If you don't have your heart set on a particular hospital to go to, just go to your GP and ask for a referral to the nearest maternity hospital. The GP usually faxes the referral straight to the hospital and then they send you out a letter with your first appointment. I'm actually surprised your GP hasn't done this already! Or you can always just call a hospital yourself and ask how can you book in. Occasionally they have a self referral system where you don't need to have a GP referral.

Maddy - I never knew that about low progesterone, I always thought it was an early loss issue. Well I'll know what I'll be doing tomorrow! And that's great with being proactive about getting the hospital you want :)

Jayney - sorry to hear about AF :( I always feel terrible when I get excited by people's charts then AF turns up! I was a very good looking chart though! You're not a bad person at all, I think it's for the best to have a day to yourself if you're feeling down. Hopefully tomorrow will be a fresh start and you can bring good vibes to your mum x

LOL at the doggy calendar!

Jayne- so sorry af got you.

Lainy- it can depend on where you live how the hospital thing works, where I am if you are going to the local hospital you just book with a gp that does obs and they follow you through the pregnancy and book you in, but if you are going to the bigger hospital in the next regional city you have to book yourself in there and have shared care.

edit- oops, pressed the button by accident and wasn't finished!

Abby & N2W- lmao at the doggy style calender!!!

Lisa - congratulations to your friend, that is wonderful! and what a great birthdate to have. I had a friend in highschool whose last name was Smith that had the birth date 5/6/78, we were questioned by the police one day when we may or may not have been 16 and drinking in the park :/ and the officer wouldn't believe her when she gave her name and birth-date!!

I have had a bit of a temp dip today, FX it's not AF... I was really hoping to get at least a 10 day LP... if not a BFP . Stay away witchy poo!!

Yeah, it depends on where you live. Ask your gp :) depends if you go private or public too. Lainey pop we have the same due date!

Thanks ladies :) I think my GP said something about 20 weeks and shared care but she didn't go into detail! Since I moved to a smaller town I'm hoping I get in here! I think I will go see a doctor tomorrow, it may not be my normal one, and just get a referral to go to the hospital cause I'd rather deal with them now :)

Yay yay yay!!!! Awesome news Ginny !!! Maddy so good for you to have your bfp confirmed too! So very happy for you both!

Jayney sorry about AF - liking abs advice about looking on the bright side - easier said than done but still great advice!

Amanda you should become a comedian - lol at doggy calendar!

Lainey I hope you're surviving that storm and that D gets home to you safely!

Hi to Missie, major and Lisa have missed you all!

Lots of love to everyone else too !!

Bedtime for me now as I am exhausted after presentation night at school - another long day tomorrow and then holidays!!!

Night xx

Ladies i need some advice. i did a test last night and faint faint second line (FRER test). DH can see it, but as you have to hold it in the light he doesnt quite believe it. so this morning i did a second test, actually i woke up and had to wee early, so collected it in a little cup, and then took the test with that wee when i got up. its still there but still super faint. i guess im only 9dpo, but shouldnt my test today be stronger?

also, getting my period pimple! i was so excited last night, and now im thinking its a chemical preg, which if that is the case at least i got sperm to egg....there is no way you would see this in a photo, but its there.

i guess all i can do is wait....?????

I'm not sure if I read it in this thread or another one, but someone said that hcg doesn't double daily to start with and you might be more likely to see a darker test a couple of days after a very faint positive? Also two tests in one box may have slightly different sensitivities too. FX it sticks Abs, I think you will get a darker one tomorrow morning :hugs:

ive taken all three in the box, and all three have varying degrees of faint line. the darkest is from fresh wee, not stored up wee.

well the good thing about being a poas addict is that i know ive never had this before. im MAD at DH who refuses to get excited about a faint line. any way i have to go to work now. i dont know if im excited, scared, or mad...i do know will be hard to focus on work!

Omg Abby! You are the tri-fecta!!! I love when BFPs come in 3s!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Fx'd it gets darker every day and I would like to see pics please :)

Rosie i tried, but you really cant see it in a pic (my camera is shit which doesnt help). and to be honest last nights is darker. at least DH confirmed he can actually see it. i was stupid to show him an evap line last month, so now he is on a thing that faint lines mean nothing....

a line is a line yeah?

any way i bought my tests in to show a close friend at work who knows we are trying (weird much!)....and then i think i will spend a stupid amount on FRERs. ive got this fear that im just going to keep taking tests and watch the line dissapear. but i guess at it stands right now its there. so whatever happens sperm met egg, and egg implanted. yeah?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->