Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Grr doctors, Abby yours and Lainey's must be siblings or something. Grumpy bestards, both of them! I wish I could send you my GP, she is sooo lovely.

I have a quandry today....we are hosting a big Xmas party with friends next weekend and obviously we're not telling anyone our news just yet. But the moment anyone sees me without a champagne or white wine in my hand the questions will start. So I'm off to the bottle-o to research alcohol-free champagne! Boo!

There are some really yummy non alcoholic beers and champagnes out there :) that's what I'll be drinking when I eventually get home haha yum yum

abs - yeah I think mine get darker as the hours/days progress. They all don't really matter that much anyway since I think how dilute your pee is affects it too. With the last pregnancy I thought one of my tests were too faint so I held my wee for ages and then I got a super dark line! I'll find the link to the post! https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-journals/988461-journey-2-2-angels-11.html#post19872795

Maddy - I have my friend's Christmas party to go to on Saturday. They know I'm not a big drinker but they would think it's weird if I had none. I actually think I'm going to have one drink. I've never had any alcohol except half a glass of champers at a wedding and on NYE when I was pg with M. But I feel like I've put my life so much on hold this year for nothing. So I think I'm going to just have one and sip at it the whole night. I'm praying everyone's too full to want to go out afterwards!

Newbie - I'm excited for your new job! You can still keep in touch with the people you like from the old place - you'll probably be happier to see them too now :)

AFM - I went and saw a GP today. They wouldn't give me a repeat beta hcg straight away, I have to get one test done first go tomorrow and get the results and if he thinks they're low then he'll order a repeat. Useless! I told him I know they will be low since I'm only 3+3! Anyway, can't be bothered arguing. He also told me the spiel about how HPT are bad because they stress people out - usually it would just mean your AF is a couple of days late rather than a miscarriage. I'm assuming he was talking about chemicals. Like your doc Abs I think he thought I should wait until AF was late. I don't care, I only saw him for his script pad - I would order my own bloods if I could.

He also refused to get my progesterone tested as he thought there was no since since I've never had an "early" miscarriage. I thought about telling him what you said Maddy, but just decided I'll ask at the RMC and just pray it's not to late to start treatment if needed.

Thanks for the admiration of my pregnancy tests :) Gotta celebrate the few things my body can do well pregnancy wise!

Some doctors are tools! They get paid the same regardless - it would be nice if they just ordered the tests to give you peace of mind!!!

Interesting Ginny...the FS had to specifically explain the progesterone/early loss things to me, so that's why I remember it so clearly. He def told me that any loss before 12 weeks is called an *early loss* but perhaps that's FS-talk rather than GP-talk :) At the time the term *early loss* really grated on me because (to me) it kind of implied a group of cells, and I felt like it was more than that you know. But he explained at 11 or 12 weeks bub stops getting progesterone from the corpus luteam and the placenta takes over that role. If the placenta isn't established properly or doesn't produce sufficient progesterone then there's a great risk of pregnancy loss. He said that's believed to be why so many people seem to have losses around 11 weeks. Anyways, it's all semantics I guess - that doctor is bollocks! Can you ring the recurrent miscarriage clinic? Maybe they will be able to give you some advice?

I already called them they're happy for me just to come in at 6 weeks since I already have an appointment scheduled for then.

Sorry, when I said he said early loss - he meant early in the 1st tri. I know my first loss is still technically considered early in the hospitals eyes too because the baby measured under 12 or 14 weeks (can't remember exactly how they define it)

I'm already starting to get over it all. I feel really emotional after seeing the doc tonight. I'm gonna get the results tomorrow and then just wait until the RMC appointment - what will be will be. I feel like I'm chasing my tail sometimes

Maddy, go with some appletizer, its lovely and looks wine or champagne.
The woman I saw today wasn't my gp, but a doctor in the same clinic who could fit me in. She said I have to 6 weeks before what I do/take affects the baby, but I think she was fobbing me off. The is a nice lady ambo here who heard me tell the nurse about the test, and she said, a line is a line congratulations....that was nice.
I don't know why doctors one treat us like idiots or two don't recognize and try and treat carefully around our anxiety. My file has an alert "has anxiety disorder" I think they read this and think I'm stupid.

Any way just amusing myself in the er, I really hope they don't need to operate

I.broke my ankle!!! It looks like fat *******s foot

Oh no! Fingers crossed that you don't need surgery and that your fat foot is not too painful ;)

abs- crap about your foot, but so excited for you that you are pregnant. poo to the doc.. they can be insensitive sometimes. :hugs:

Maddy- I used to drink ginger ale or a softdrink and say it had vodka in it! hehehe the appeltize is a good idea and there are also some non alcoholic pink champagnes that are tasty. 'I'm driving' or 'I'm on the "insert ridiculously restrictive diet here" diet' can also work.

ginny- :hugs: its understandable that this is an emotional time for you, that doc is a dick too. It sounds like the clinic will give you much better care.

Newbie: the ones that are real friends you will keep in touch with.

Ginny can you get to another doc for a prog level? Though I think 6 wks is t too late to start it so prob no need to panic.

Abs how's the foot? xo

Well got admitted to the ward around midnight, watched some DVDs on my laptop (remember the BBC series pressgang? I hope I get out today, the surgeon is going to come and talk to me about options. I never thought I'd have to tell so many people soon! Nurses, doctors, then other patients heat and talk to me about it. So normally on cd 10 I spot a little, fingers crossed not today!

Nana, its hard leaving work friends behind. One of the reasons I usually stay too long in jobs! But you will stay in touch! When do you start the new job? Enjoy your last few days!

Good morning Abby,
I hope they are taking good care of you in the hospital. I think I do remember press gang, was it on abc?

Well, here I am at 10dpo..... :happydance: did a FRER this morning and it was negative. My temp keeps going up though. I am trying to stay focused on just having a longer LP.

I have an assignment due tonight that I am not even half finished and I have a stupid work function today that I can't get out of. On the bright side, my supervisor is retiring! She is really difficult to work with and often downright rude, I can't wait to work with someone new and fresh who isn't all bitter and twisted! So one more week of nodding and smiling and pretending I don't care that she just spoke to me like I'm a piece of something she just stepped in, and she will be gone!!!! (sorry, she really is that bad!)

Morning everyone! Good news all round!

My good news is that I have finally caught up & I have also figured out how to leave bnb open on my phone in a separate tab so it is always on hand! Finally! Lol its pretty good!

Abs, hope you're doing ok. It's kinda exciting to tell people you don't know!.I find you get a strange reaction, almost Like people don't consider you pregnant until after 12 weeks. Pregnancy had to start somewhere, there is no reason you're not going to deliver a happy, healthy baby.

Nana, glad you're home! Xx

Tara, I have you pegged for Amy's twin!

Hi everyone else! Hope you're well! So good to be back here! Xx

Ginny can you get to another doc for a prog level? Though I think 6 wks is t too late to start it so prob no need to panic.

ISN'T too late, that was supposed to read 6 weeks ISN'T too late!!!!!
Blimey, worst typo ever - here, let me make you feel EVEN WORSE about things.

I got what you meant number2 :)

I called the clinic again as I had to ask them a question anyway about a pathology slip C needs to go get done. At the end I just said you sure it's OK that I'm not coming in until I'm 6 weeks and the lady (different one to the other day) said yep, once you're pg the first appointment is 6 weeks. So I'm just going to try and not thing about progesterone stuff anymore - I've always made it past 6 weeks so I can just start it then if I actually do need it.

Thanks for all your kind words again ladies, I'm feeling a bit better today compared to last night.

How's everyone else going?

Newbie, glad you're back - I missed you!

2mums - miss you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->