Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Hi Molly, welcome. We aren't the most active board anymore on BNB but there is someone else here with Hashimoto's and several people in Melbourne (not me tho'). A couple of us are in various stages of fertility assistance too (either having appointments to get things checked out, or in the process of IUI and IVF).

How old are you, are you with a partner or TTC as a singleton?

Hi Molly, I'm in Melbourne - well just outside of Melbourne in the West :)

Good luck with the clomid :)

Hi Molly,
I'm from Melbourne on your side of the bay :) Fingers crossed for the clomid

Oh just posted and got all excited to see my ch :) I put the most positive of my opk's in there so I think ff liked that!

Thanks for the welcome ladies :)
Maddy I am 28, hubby is 34. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 21 but wasn't thinking of even having kids at that stage so I didn't think too much about it. There was also nothing really in terms of information given to me by the doctor so it wasn't until almost a year and a half ago that I really looked into it. I was only recently diagnosed with the hashimotos'. How long have you been ttc?
Thanks Ginny- I was interested to see who was close by :) Missy T ! Very close indeed!
How long have you all being ttc?

Ive been trying for #2 for just over 12 months now. I have managed to get pregnant a few times but unfortunately I've loss them.

It's been just over 4 months since my last miscarriage, although I had a chemical in December as well - so not sure if that one counts or not!

Sasha, great news about video conf! Cant wait to hear any news!!! xxx

Missie, yay for ch! fx!!!

hi Molly, welcome!! (im on the gold coast) This forum, although like Maddy said not as active as we used to be, is fantastic, great group of girls with a lot of insight and support.

Wow, been a while indeed since I was last on here! Welcome Molly!! Hopefully we can reignite some discussions for you and give you some support. We all come from various backgrounds of TTC but the support from this group of girls is amazing. Good luck and looking forward to getting to know you! I'm also from melbourne not too far from you (SE suburbs)!

Ginny- I think they all count :) Hopefully u can provide Ds/Dd a brother or sister asap! :)
Cossime & Trying- thank you both :) I am really glad i have found this site. I was actually talking about it on Sunday to the wife of one of my husbands friends, as she has been TTC for 3 years and I was saying how great it is for support and information.
Trying I see you are currenty pregnant. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything goes smoothly for you! Is it your first?
Also just curious- what's the difference between TTC and WTT- a lot of women on here have WTT under their names but are activly TTC?
Bugger WTT- im too impatient for that! :) haha

Well we've been TTC for a relatively short time compared to a lot of people but I'm in my 40s so there isnt a lot of time left for me. I met my husband in my late 30s so didn't really have a choice, it's just worked that way. Currently mid-cycle in our 3rd attempt at IUI and then moving onto IVF. To be honest I have lots of days (like today when I'm pissed off with the world) where I would be perfectly happy to never get pregnant and just continue living my happy little life. But most of the time I'm 100% in on the TTC plan :)

Welcome Molly! Do you chart your cycles? I enjoy a bit of chart stalking!! I used to live in Melbourne! I miss it a lot!

Maddy I'm a bit pissed off with the world today too! I think I ovulated today, we didn't do the usual bd bonanza and that has me cranky. Or may be just the thought of another m/c has me sad and cranky?? Either way it's been a day of tears for no reason I can easily identify!

Cossie I think sometimes you have to wtt, I know with hashimoto's angel had to wait, and then if you get the rubella injection you have to wait. I go for my blood test next week, to start looking at thyroid and projesterone issues...I hope I don't have to wait!

Abs, how long have you been trying for now?

Is it around 8 months?

If you're close to 12 months I'd be asking for a FS referral. Not that you'll necessarily need it or have any major problems or anything, but the tests they they run are much more comprehensive than the tests GPs will do, and not only that the way they interpret the tests can be different too - like if you're borderline with something the FS might be more aggressive than a GP or have more insight into what the latest research with fertility is. For example, when I got my hcg tested with the chemical I asked the GP to test my progesterone and he said there's no point it's only tested to confirm O... I now know for sure my FS thinks differently to this!

Anyway just thought I'd mention it since you're getting some things tested you may as well get a range of stuff checked.

molly, it is our first (my OH had a daughter she lost in a car accident at 2 yrs old, and i've been pregnant once before a long time ago, late m/c) We had been trying for about a year and a half, but equalled 9 cycles of inseminations. I knew the issue was me though considering our donor has 4 children of his own, and donated to 3 other same sex couples, two of which it worked the first time and the other within three times.
Thank you for your well wishes! :)

maddy and abby, hoping your days are brighter tomorrow and you both have happy, relaxing weekends! xxx

abby, and great news re the no limping post the other day, made me very happy for you :)

Thanks Ginny !
I am going to ask for a referral at my next gp appointment, she is testing me for a lot of stuff though...even coeliac disease??? I guess I'm hoping that my two chemicals are just bad luck or something easy like progesterone etc.
think I've ov'd now, so will get bloods done next Wednesday and see the doctor next Friday. I, a bit disappointed with our bd effort...ironically we did a better job when we had the additional challenge of my leg cast!!

Amber it was quite a moment when I realised I wasn't limping. I still do limp some of the time, but i guess it will just slowly go away completely! But my speed is up now too. My physio told me yesterday that I had most of my movement back, and I'm ahead of schedule in terms of improvement! So that was great to hear!
On tv last night was the friends episode of Ross and Susan at the birthing class and made me think of you, cause I only mentioned it the other day! Proving once again that I'm a tv psychic! (Can predict what tv shows are about to show) ha!

That's actually really good that she's testing you for that Abs!

I don't know if that's a standard test for infertility or other things too, but I've had that included in my recurrent miscarriage testing. One major thing that can cause recurrent miscarriage or recurrent implantation failure are autoimmune diseases - coeliac disease is one of them. From what I understand, it's something to do with the inflammatory reaction they cause that makes your body attack itself and therefore can also interfere with your pregnancy - either by antibodies attacking the pregnancy like it's a foreign body, or causing your blood to clot more. That's why baby aspirin is usually a first line treatment. I'd even ask your GP if they think it's worth going on baby aspirin - either all the time, or once you get a BFP. I've never read about any bad side effects with baby aspirin - although I bet other medical stuff could possible overlap with it if you know what I mean.

You probably also got tested for blood clotting disorders, lupus and thyroid issues too (although thyroid antibodies are sometimes missed).

Oh and you're totally right in thinking that it could just be bad luck! The thing about my miscarriages that has the red flags is that the babies had normal chromosomes. Obviously with really early losses it's just impossible to test for that, but that probably is the most likely cause as I think chromosomal issues make up something like 80% of 1st tri miscarriages. To me chromosomal issues really are bad luck - the odds of it happening go up as you get older or if you yourself have undetected chromosomal issues, but it also randomly happens to young couples too.

Sorry I rambled on a bit!

oh and I got a peak on my CBFM today?! WTF?

Thanks gin! It wasn't a ramble! It was great info! I feel like she might be taking me seriously now.

I got high on my cbfm for so many days! I got the peak the day after a positive opk, and the day before it looks like I Ovd ...I wasted a whole box of sticks to be told peak the day after a positive opk! That had me cranky ....cause it's an expensive machine, with ongoing costs, but the ic opks told me the same thing! I'm hoping because its getting to know me it will improve.
Of course then dh wasn't in the mood, and well...the cranky mood got bitter and sad from that point on! I'm hoping that the bd two days before ov did the trick! But I'm not hopeful

Hope SOMEONE has some good news soon...I think the trouble is that this group started with a bunch of us and most are now pregnant so there are fewer and fewer of us trying and not so many newbies joining up. Anyways, gotta get my "positive brain" lined up for IUI on Monday morning. Yawn!

Fx that third times the charm Maddy!! And that you've got some lovely follies progressing nicely!

You're right tho, not many of us left unduffered :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"