• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aussies trying to get duffered aged 20+ !!!

Hey Gin you're testing at 8DPO! Brave woman. I will admit to considering it some months. But then I looked at all the BFP charts that come up on FF when I compare my chart to others and none have a BFP recorded before 10DPO. BTW there's another MTHFR lady (LilSluz) from the Over-35s TTC board whose journal I read in the Pregnancy section under Preg Journals. I'm going to be asking at our IVF consult next week about things like endometrial biopsy, NK killer cells etc - the stuff we haven't been tested for yet. There is so much out there. I'll be really pissed if they find something that should have been detected earlier that is preventing implantation :(

Abs ditto what Gin said. We probably DO sound pushy but having been to an FS now I know it's really clear that they have access to a whole world of research and diagnostics that GPs don't. HugsXX

Maddy, I know of LilSluz - I've seen her on the recurrent miscarriage thread

There's a couple of different types of MTHFR - I have the least bad type. Where it's just one copy of one of the mutations. My hematologist told me to make it not a problem I just need to take aspirin, and particular quantities of B6 and B12 (can't remember off the top of my head).

I also had the NK test. I think some places offer it just as a blood test and some test it through an endometrial biopsy. I specifically choose my FS because she's one of the few FS in Melbourne that believes in them, the RMC at the hospital doesn't. Anyway that's all fine for me.

The other thing that the hematologist found is moderately high ANA levels. This can sometimes indicate Lupus or other autoimmune diseases. Anyway because other tests have proven I don't have Lupus, the hospital said that lots of people have high ANA levels doesn't mean anything. My hematologist said that this might be true but you also need to investigate for "bad antibodies" whatever that means. (Sometimes I think he wants to prove my hospital wrong!)

I'll try and make that list Maddy - just so you can research the tests for yourself and see if any are worth pushing for.

Oh and I just tested with an IC unfortunately I ordered 100 at some point along the way so still have heaps and heaps left

Ha! The old "I had heaps of ICs so it doesn't matter" trick. I'm wise to you, lady!

yeah it's a tricky one... emotionally I don't want to know if I have another chemical or not... but then again I'm eager to start the progesterone as early as possible and I feel like it might be important for my FS to know if I have them

You know what I did a FRER this afternoon not long ago and think I might see a very very faint hint of a line. DF couldn't see it though - so I might actually be going crazy

Ginny - I still haven't got a bfp from the ic's (did another frer and all good though!) fingers crossed for a not so faint line in the morning :) xxx

Hey Maddy. How are you feeling? When are you back at the clinic?

Faint lies even ones men can't see in my experience are great! I hope so for you too Gin! Will u test with fmu?

I did test this morning, even though it hasn't been 24 hours, but my pee was actually more dilute than it was yesterday! I think I drunk too much water before going to bed. So the line doesn't really look any darker. Not too worried though as it hasn't even been 24 hours.

https://i46.tinypic.com/33aqlvt.jpg

I don't think this is going to convince DF though!

I'm praying so badly this doesn't turn into a chemical again though

this was yesterday's

https://i48.tinypic.com/2d8027q.jpg

oh and my temp took a bit of a dive, trying not to read into it!

Yay!! Ginny - that is so definitely a line in both pics :) Congratulations :) I know there are probably a few mixed emotions right now but yay, so far so go!!!! Do you have to start the progesterone straight away?

I'm actually really happy - I'm trying to be as positive as I can! I'm much more excited than I was in December. Maybe because we had to work for it that little bit more this time around?

I'm seeing my hematologist anyway on Wednesday and I think he's going to give me his final opinion on if I need anything extra for the pregnancy. So I kinda feel like I've done everything I possibly can to make it work this time, if you know what I mean?

Yeah, have to take 2 bullet things of progesterone a day. They're like white little solid bullets - so far so good.

Trying not to get too excited yet though - AF isn't due until Sunday!

Hopefully it'll have to be mocktails for me! with the chemical the line was basically gone the day before AF was due

They look like my 11dpo tests with this bubba! Congrats beautiful :)

Well FF did move my crosshairs - I would be 11DPO if I went by the original ones

That's great! Congratulations Gin! I'm very happy for you! Xo

Yay xx hope for a sticky one. Enjoy those bullets...nice and shiny going in, terribly slimy leeching out!

I'm sick today thus the high temp - DH gave me his rotton head cold. Also just found out DH can't go to the FS appointment next week as he has compulsory work days - they are opening a new office and everyone HAS to be there. I felt a bit sick when he told me :( Have emailed the FS office to see if I can go alone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->