Autism/Aspergers HELP!!!!

baby-diva

Foster Mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am currently fostering my 2 nephews, the oldest one is 5 and had a griffiths (sp) test done last year which came back as him being about 3 y/o at the most.
At the moment we're going to speech therapy and he's having a hearing test done in 3 weeks time. There has been alot of talk of aspergers/autism, and my partner and I both agree that it could be one of these.
I could use some support in this - it's hard work when you suddenly have kids, especially one with developmental delays - we're lucky in a way because he's getting so much help from nursery etc..... but in another way it's difficult because we do so much for them and then their parents undo it all in a weekend!!! GRRRRRRRR :(

Hi, If he has speech delay, I would say it is more autism inclined if he does have anything. Hope your ok and get answers soon x

My 12 DS has an ASD (autism specrturm disorder) PLUS ADHD.

I'm not sure how things go in your area, but when we were starting the process to diagnose him, I read everything I could get my hands on. There are agencies who specialize in this stuff. I took great notes at meetings and googled everything. Ask questions.. lots of questions.

You get major credit for fostering those kids. My mom has had her niece for 13 of her 14 years of life. She is mentally about 10..maybe.

It's a legal pain in the backside...but what the kids get out of it is immeasurable.

If it's going to be a long term foster.. you may be able to change visitations if the little ones are not adjusting well. My little cousin sees mom for 2 hours SUPERVISED every other weekend. Anymore and she's a train wreck for days.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I am currently fostering my 2 nephews, the oldest one is 5 and had a griffiths (sp) test done last year which came back as him being about 3 y/o at the most.
At the moment we're going to speech therapy and he's having a hearing test done in 3 weeks time. There has been alot of talk of aspergers/autism, and my partner and I both agree that it could be one of these.
I could use some support in this - it's hard work when you suddenly have kids, especially one with developmental delays - we're lucky in a way because he's getting so much help from nursery etc..... but in another way it's difficult because we do so much for them and then their parents undo it all in a weekend!!! GRRRRRRRR :(

:hugs: firstly well done on fostering your nephews xx

Its hard for me to go into detail in 1 reply, but basically i have just been through the assessment process & my son got a diagnosis. If you wanna chat or ask me anything just pop me a PM.

:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->