Babies + swimming?

S

Serene123

Caitlyns jabs are on the 14th August. From what I believe, she can go swimming after that, right? What about chlorine, if it gets in her eyes and mouth?

You don't need to wait til she's had her jabs- its a myth. If she's in a float they tend not to get it in there eyes although i'm sure it wouldn't cause a problem. Have fun!! x x

they can go swimming before that dont no about the chlorine side i was wondering that

I was told that they can't go swimming until they have their last set of jabs! ??

I was told that they can't go swimming until they have their last set of jabs! ??

Thats what i thought to with #1 then got told that i didn't have to wait.

Here this may help
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/development/swimming/

x x

They told me the other day that they can go any time? And its best to take them before 4 months because thats when they loose their natural swimming reflex and have to re learn it or something. We're going to take Seth soon because he seems to love the water :)

Have fun :)

xxx

The jab thing is just a myth hun, she can go at anytime :)

They can go at any time, just be careful with the sun. Josh didn't really like it, but I guess the more you try the more they get used to it. xxx

I swim with Keira once a week. I havent fully immersed her head, but she loves kicking around. We also have a salt water pool, so Im more comfortable with going more often vs a chlorine pool, as it is much gentler for the skin

They told me the other day that they can go any time? And its best to take them before 4 months because thats when they loose their natural swimming reflex and have to re learn it or something. We're going to take Seth soon because he seems to love the water :)

Have fun :)

xxx

Its the reflex where they hold their breath, I took Noah swimming from about 3/4 months, he loved it. He loved going under the water and having the water splashed in his face. They can forget how to use the reflex so its best to keep going. It also comes in handy at bath time as he doesn't cry when water goes in his eyes!!

xx

Oscar went swimming before his jabs. The water wont hurt bubbs. Oscar is teething at the moment and he eats most f the water via his fingers :lol:

i cant wait to take jack swimming we plan on going soon xx

I took Hannah for her first swim today and she had a great time! I am going to try and take her weekly now.

I haven't taken Colton swimming, because we dont have a pool. My mother was going to get one this year but ended up just blowing all her money :grr: She bought him a life jacket and swimming trunks-then didn't get the pool. :rofl:
I would just watch and try not to get it in her ears. It can give them ear aches.

I started to take Olivia swimming at 3 months and she loved it, my HV and doc said theres no need to wait until they have had their jabs.

i'm so jealous, its the middle of winter here in South Africa so swimming is out of the question :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->