Babies/Toddlers and Showers!

Sugarmuppet

Reaction score
Just sold our house (stressful)

Trying to find a house to buy (even more stressful!)

Consdering a house with no bath, just a shower.

Are any of you in the same boat? What do you do? Do you find is okay?

Kitchen sink? :haha: (Acutally i'm sure Mum has a photo of me being bathed in the kitchen sink, no idea why though!!)

I shower with my LO and he's 8 months. As yours gets older though there's nothing like a soak in the bath to get toddlers clean. good luck with your house hunting x

my mum used to bath me in the kitchen sink at one point eventhough we had a bath she sed its easier and better on your back. if the sink is big enough why not lol sides mite be a bit cold though, my friends baby showers with her i couldnt because i like hot showers. xx

My bubs has been showering with me since 5 weeks he loves it, I've also got a 5 year old stepdaughter who also showers with us never had a problem I find it quicker and easier to hose them down, saying that I'm currently house hunting and wouldn't buy one without a bath xxx

My LO has tried the shower a couple of times and she screams blue murder!!! we still use a baby bath with her x

quite a few family homes we are looking at have the standard shower ensuite and they have put huge walk in showers in the bathroom rather than a bath... it did concern me (and IMO is a good price knocking barter for what should be a family home - ie ; should have a bath!!) but I said to OH we would change it back or put a bath in ensuite etc.
in the meantime I am thinking a paddling pool filled up with the shower head if a bath is really necessary??? x

My LO has tried the shower a couple of times and she screams blue murder!!! we still use a baby bath with her x

I think it is the noise especially on the high powered ones, I have tried with our 7mth old (6yr son still wont shower :dohh:) and she isn't very keen, doesn't even like being in the room with the shower going but she loves water and doesn't care about being dunked.

Both of my older ones freak out about the shower! I don't know how I'd cope without a bath - maybe a tub and a hosepipe from the kitchen taps? If your little ones are used to it though I'd guess they wouldn't have any problem. Good luck househunting!

xxx

How would you shower with a baby? Like LO stands and jumps and falls and tries to eat the faucet.
It just doesn't seem possible... lol

We fill a camping baby bath and sit it in the bottom of the shower cubicle with our LO in, whilst one of us showers. Stays nice and warm from all of the steam, and he loves splashing around while we are showering. Never found it a problem x

Alex hated the shower but she loves it now!

Up until last week, we were going to move into a house with a shower. When LO was born, we bought an inflatable bath instead of a regular one. BEcause it's inflatable, it can wedge into a different shape (slightly). WWe measured it and it fits into the bottom of a shower cubicle, so we were just going to fill the little inflatable bath and stick it in the bottom of the shower unit. That way the kids can still have their bath toys stuck on the side of the shower, and in the bath with them. Once she's out, just tip the water into the bottom of the shower (slowly) and it drains away.

The move fell through, but when we look for another place, it will most likely have a shower, because it's a space saver, and we don't like baths. TBH my parents used to shower with us, and we never had a problem with it. We had a bath too, but I remember showering when I was little.

Our house just has a shower and we've been here since madam was 8 months old. Works fine, although some nights I would really love to be able to just give her a quick scrub in the bath without having to have a shower myself!

When it's shower time, we get the bathroom nice and warm, put some toys and things for Holly to play with on the floor, get us both undressed then I jump in first and have the worlds fastest shower/hair wash (with the screen door open, if I close it she goes nuts) - then Holly comes in, I soap her up and lather her hair, then pick her up and rinse her off. My fave part is when we are rinsing her off, she snuggles against me and we have a little cuddle before we get out. She will stay like that for ages with the shower on her back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->