Baby clothes????

Honesty

Baby #4 in the Making :)
Reaction score
I have about 5 NB ONSIES about 30 or more 0-3 months onsies and about 8 6 months... Do you ladies think I over did it with 0-3? I would also like to know what and how much of everything you ladies are purchasing for the first few months... Just to get more of a idea!

With my first bub, I had 7 new born outfits and that did me well, as sometimes you changed them twice or three times a day. But I found the grow out of them really quick.

Then I had lots of 0-3 mainly because people gave them to me and that was useful but she only really used them for 3 months.

The size I need the most of was 00 or 6-12 months because she spent more time in them and often wore them out crawling on concrete.

I am expecting my baby to be on the larger side so I have got 4 newborn baby grows and one romper (with no feet) and 6 vests, if baby is small hubby can buy more although I bet we will get some outfits as pressies which is why I have only bought basics. Then I have more 0-3 - 20 vests and 10 babygrows, I have also gone and bought all vests for up to 6-9 and plain white babygrows to a year old - lol!
x

i have probs 20+ newborn sleepsuits, 10+ tiny baby sleepsuits and I put the 0-3 months in my dads attic, mainky because my daughter was in tiny baby for a month until she fit properly in newborn, she was 4months old until she fit into 0-3 months and shes still in 6-9 months even though shes 13 months old.
I'm expecting the same thing basically ahah

I would wash half of them and wait for the rest. If you need them you can always wash them later, if not you can exchange them for a larger size. Then atleast you wont be stuck with a bunch you didnt need! I think it depends on how big LO is.

Our little boy has been measuring large so we are expecting him to be around 8-9 lbs. Most 0-3 month clothes are 8-12 lbs that I have noticed. I am thinking we might not get much use out the 0-3 month clothes! I plan on waiting to wash things and see how big he is. It is hard to plan for seasons too without knowing what size he will be!

I have about 5 NB ONSIES about 30 or more 0-3 months onsies and about 8 6 months... Do you ladies think I over did it with 0-3? I would also like to know what and how much of everything you ladies are purchasing for the first few months... Just to get more of a idea!

over did it on 0-3? errrr.... JUST A BIT! lol :haha:

im not buying many clothes until baby is born. i want to know what size he is, what other people might be getting and what he will suit first then i will maybe turn into a bit of a shopaholic :)

so far i have
2 new born sleep suits
1 newborn romper, hat, socks and mits set

my mummy has bought a few things like
2 0-3 t shirts and jeans sets
3 0-3 vests
3 0-3 sleep suits
2 3-6 month baby grows

i need to get a couple of newborn vests and new born sleep suits but im not going to get much more than that until after baby is born :)

About 6 or 8 of the one size all-in-ones was enough for us last time. And also 6-8 vests too. Any more than that in the same size is probably a waste. Do keep tags on everything so it can be returned/swapped.

Anna was born 6 lb 15 oz and was in newborn size (up to 9 lbs) for around 2 or 3 months before going into 0-3.

We were given loads of outfits/dresses etc as gifts so were really glad we had just got the essentials!! :flower:

that would depend on if your going to dress your babe in outfits or just have them live in onses. I dont have any outfits untill 3-6 months just because its summer, he is a he and so i dont want waist bands digging in and little M being all hot n eww. If i had a girl tho would be easyer as dresses are made from really light fabric. so it would depend on what your planning on doing. I have well over 40 onses 0-3 but like i said its because he will liveing in them =)

Edit: I dident buy them all myself ^^ 2 auntis and a friend gave me all there plain unisex ones when i said i wanted him to live in them.

that would depend on if your going to dress your babe in outfits or just have them live in onses. I dont have any outfits untill 3-6 months just because its summer, he is a he and so i dont want waist bands digging in and little M being all hot n eww. If i had a girl tho would be easyer as dresses are made from really light fabric. so it would depend on what your planning on doing. I have well over 40 onses 0-3 but like i said its because he will liveing in them =)

Edit: I dident buy them all myself ^^ 2 auntis and a friend gave me all there plain unisex ones when i said i wanted him to live in them.

Thanks ladies! And baby will be wearing mainly onsies throughout the week except on weekends... I'm a stay at home mom and I hate going places during the week when hubby has to work... The thing I'm really confused on is my first was born weighing 6lbs 13oz so far at 35 weeks baby is measuring 5lbs 7 oz at 30 weeks she was 3 lbs 9 oz and I have gestational diabetes... I asked my doctor yesterday if she will be around my 1st daughters weight and she said yes it is possible but she won't be that big since my sugars are well controlled.... My first wore preemie up until 1 month newborn for about 1 1/2 - 2 months and 0-3 carters lasted her quiet a good while... I'm just so scared this baby will be a 8 lb baby so that's why I didn't really get NB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->