Baby Dancin' Newlyweds! [WOW!!! 12 bfp!]

Ashy... I couldn't help but chart stalk when I saw the thumbnail of your chart in your signature. Have you tested? That is quite some dip you have there, and then to have it go back up? Of course... it could be nothing... but DANG! It looks good?

Also, I completely agree about the hubby! My hubby slams the Mountain Dew and won't touch a vegetable unless it is deep fried and smothered in ketchup, ranch, or mayonnaise. He hates chicken unless it's in BBQ Wing form. (also deep fried!) I bought him a male multi-vitamin and zinc to at least attempt to help him since he eats for crap... but he barely remembers to take them. If he was taking them, I would have had to buy him more by now! Then when I get upset because we aren't pregnant, he says 'It will happens when it happens' and then I want to hit him! Grrrrr! I love him, but sometimes I feel like he could care less if we have a baby. I also think, because of my history, he expects all of the problems to be with me. We did an at-home sperm analysis that just checks count. Of course he got the easy end of that... I was the one using his 'stuff' to do the test. That was a NIGHTMARE... I will spare you the details, but let's just say I do not completely trust the test when it says his count is fine. I may have possibly screwed things up.

Men do have it easy in this whole TTC mess, you would think that ours could at least meet us halfway with better support! (Also, I may sound angry with my husband, but I do still love him! LOL)

Well I did have a dip today and AF is supposed to start today..but then again I woke up 2 hours earlier today than usual because my husband had to go to work extra early :dohh: so I don't think it's very accurate! I haven't had ANNNNYYYY AF or pregnancy symptoms. I'm not sure what's going on???:shrug: I think I'll test tomorrow or Tuesday in case I O'd later than FF thinks... but dang I sure hope I get my BFP!

My husband also says the "it'll happen when it's supposed to happen" whole thing...blehhh pisses me off when I'm doing all the work and have to get poked and prodded constantly. Sheesh!:wacko:

Men......:haha:

I am so confused! If my OvaCue was right about ovulation, today would be 12 dpo and AF would be here tomorrow. I have had no spotting though and my temp was highest today. I didn't temp the past 2 days because I have had a terrible cold and I couldn't breathe through my nose, but last night I could so I did temp this morning. My temp wasn't 'fever' high, so I am sure it had nothing to do with me being sick. I finally caved and took a test today at what I 'thought' was 12dpo... mainly because I am confused. I still don't think I am getting a BFP this month, and this morning's test was right on track with that thought. Looking at my chart, Fertility Friend and my OPK all lined up with my OvaCue... but the temp shift took a few days. I am beginning to wonder if my other my Countdown to Pregnancy chart is the right one, saying I ovulated on Saturday when the BIG shift came. My OvaCue never confirmed a secondary ovulation and my OPKs were all negative then. *sigh*

Maybe I will understand it all better next cycle. :shrug: For now though, I am thinking AF will be here 12 days after the BIG, obvious temperature shift... even if ovulation was confirmed a few days before.

Being sick, I took the weekend off from charting in general. (I filled in a few blanks this morning) It was actually REALLY nice! I like feeling like I am in 'control' with all of the devices and such... but apparently I am still in control of nothing. Blah!

Somehow AF got me this morning... It's so weird, I had ZERO symptoms at all this cycle and tmi..but it's super clotty. I feel like I'm going to bleed out or something......

Husband got hit sample in and I should find out the results Wednesday afternoon. If it comes back normal, then I am starting Clomid that evening (CD 3). Mucinex CD 13.

Boy oh boy...sucks. It does seem weird that she put me on Clomid with only having 4 cycles so far...I dunno. I guess the sooner the better! I'm just a little afraid of having multiples!

Somehow AF got me this morning... It's so weird, I had ZERO symptoms at all this cycle and tmi..but it's super clotty. I feel like I'm going to bleed out or something......

Husband got hit sample in and I should find out the results Wednesday afternoon. If it comes back normal, then I am starting Clomid that evening (CD 3). Mucinex CD 13.

Boy oh boy...sucks. It does seem weird that she put me on Clomid with only having 4 cycles so far...I dunno. I guess the sooner the better! I'm just a little afraid of having multiples!

That is peculiar with how young you are that they are giving you Clomid after 4 months. Standard protocol usually dictates you try for a year (regardless of condition) before they start that. The chance of multiples, even on Clomid, is SUPER low. I mean, it 'could' happen... and I think the chance is what, maybe 10% instead of the 3% it is normally? If you have a history of twins in your family, maybe that will go up a little bit. I wouldn't be too scared about that. Odds are still pretty low. My biggest fear with Clomid (and even Femara) is what they could do, in terms of birth defects. I read that parts of Clomid stay in your system for 30 days, so well after conception. Femara does not. However, both drugs, if used too much can cause cancer down the road. All that being said... I will probably always be concerned, but I can talk to my OBGYN about those concerns. I want to have a baby of my own bad enough that I will definitely take those risks! The reward will be so much greater.

That is peculiar with how young you are that they are giving you Clomid after 4 months. Standard protocol usually dictates you try for a year (regardless of condition) before they start that. The chance of multiples, even on Clomid, is SUPER low. I mean, it 'could' happen... and I think the chance is what, maybe 10% instead of the 3% it is normally? If you have a history of twins in your family, maybe that will go up a little bit. I wouldn't be too scared about that. Odds are still pretty low. My biggest fear with Clomid (and even Femara) is what they could do, in terms of birth defects. I read that parts of Clomid stay in your system for 30 days, so well after conception. Femara does not. However, both drugs, if used too much can cause cancer down the road. All that being said... I will probably always be concerned, but I can talk to my OBGYN about those concerns. I want to have a baby of my own bad enough that I will definitely take those risks! The reward will be so much greater.

I find it strange too.. BUT I've had a lot of problems and my hormones are very obviously "off" a bit. My cycles aren't regulating, my progesterone is borderline low, I get terrible migraines, ovary pain, and mood swings from hormonal fluctuations, I ovulate later in the month and I get VERY large cysts every cycle. I think the cysts are the problem. It's very difficult to get pregnant with them because my ovulation is off every cycle and the egg often doesn't develop correctly. I know there are risks, which I'm somewhat worried about, but even with only 4/5 months of TTC, our chances are dwindling with each doctors appointment...I get bad news every time.:cry::shrug: I think it's worth a try. I find out tomorrow afternoon if I am for sure starting it tomorrow night (we get the results from my husbands semen analysis). I think the risk is worth it. We aren't making any progress with what we have been doing and we have been planning sex PERFECTLY every single cycle. I don't want to have to adopt or have expensive treatments.

Whoooa something weird happened...
Yesterday AF got really light, today (CD 3) it stopped altogether and my temp spiked.
My doctor said to only start the Clomid if I had a normal AF...well this isn't normal...

Yesterday AF got really light, today (CD 3) it stopped altogether and my temp spiked.
My doctor said to only start the Clomid if I had a normal AF...well this isn't normal...

That isn't normal. Did you call your doctor? They say you can start Clomid as late as CD5 if you have to, so you may want to call your doctor and see what he thinks. Your temp definitely did jump back up... but if CD1 was heavy... I know at least I would be skeptical about pregnancy.

That isn't normal. Did you call your doctor? They say you can start Clomid as late as CD5 if you have to, so you may want to call your doctor and see what he thinks. Your temp definitely did jump back up... but if CD1 was heavy... I know at least I would be skeptical about pregnancy.

That's what I was thinking too... It was pretty heavy by my standards at least. I dunno... I need to call! I'm a little scared to. That's not how a miscarriage is....right?

I'm sorry about my millions of posts, I've kind of been in a panic :(

My not so great new news:
We got the results from my husbands semen analysis...
Low sperm count AND high viscosity
Has anybody had problems with these or know of anything that might help?

I'm also starting my Clomid tonight. I'm thrilled that it's so cheap:thumbup:If only mucinex wasn't twice as much. Funny how that works...

I'm sorry about my millions of posts, I've kind of been in a panic :(

My not so great new news:
We got the results from my husbands semen analysis...
Low sperm count AND high viscosity
Has anybody had problems with these or know of anything that might help?

I'm also starting my Clomid tonight. I'm thrilled that it's so cheap:thumbup:If only mucinex wasn't twice as much. Funny how that works...

There are things at Fairhaven Health that people swear by. Countboost and Motilityboost for men and such. People leave reviews about them as well. If you want to look into it. One lady even said that her hubby's doctor looked at the ingredients of one of those two and said it was exactly what he should be taking. If we find out that my hubby has a problem in that area, I will probably beg him to take these. I only say beg, because I have the hardest time getting him to regularly take a men's multivitamin and zinc supplement.

Here's a link to the male products on their site:
https://www.fairhavenhealth.com/male-infertility.html

Aw sorry ash - I don't have any advice. :hugs:
But I'm so glad that Elpha is here with such great advice and support! You rock Elpha!! :dance:

From what I have read... doctor's will recommend IUI in combination with Clomid when there is male factor infertility. Or I have read about women doing at-home insemination just to 'help' the little guys have a better chance of getting where they need to be.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like Miss Negative Nancy... but you only get so many shots with Clomid. It will take approximately 90 days for any male supplement to really start working it's magic and by then, you may not be able to take Clomid anymore. (I hear 3 cycles is average, 6 cycles absolute maximum) You might ask your doctor their thoughts or how long they plan to keep you on Clomid. Might be better after this cycle to put Clomid on hold for a couple months and address the sperm so that you can have the absolute best chance!

Again, I apologize if I sound like some know-it-all freak. I am really just trying to help. I read up a lot so I can be prepared when that time comes for me and so I know what questions to ask.

Has anybody here done Clomid yet?
I did it this cycle with no big symptoms because nausea almost every day (without vomiting so it's not too severe)...
AND I've been shedding like crazy! I have long hair that goes to the middle of my back. It feels a lot thinner and I can grab clumps out of it every time I comb it after showering. It's not normally this bad.
Has anybody else experienced this with Clomid???

From what I have read... doctor's will recommend IUI in combination with Clomid when there is male factor infertility. Or I have read about women doing at-home insemination just to 'help' the little guys have a better chance of getting where they need to be.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like Miss Negative Nancy... but you only get so many shots with Clomid. It will take approximately 90 days for any male supplement to really start working it's magic and by then, you may not be able to take Clomid anymore. (I hear 3 cycles is average, 6 cycles absolute maximum) You might ask your doctor their thoughts or how long they plan to keep you on Clomid. Might be better after this cycle to put Clomid on hold for a couple months and address the sperm so that you can have the absolute best chance!

Again, I apologize if I sound like some know-it-all freak. I am really just trying to help. I read up a lot so I can be prepared when that time comes for me and so I know what questions to ask.

Oh you're totally fine, I appreciate the help :)
I'm only doing this round of Clomid for now. It did help me ovulate from my left ovary (I've been ovulating from my right every cycle for some reason), so I feel like that may be lucky :winkwink: After this cycle we'll probably have him get checked out by a doctor in January (after Christmas expenses!!!). It could be from something small like an infection or even dehydration. I have been going straight to bed after bding and letting it "marinade" over night :haha: as we don't know how long it takes for his semen to liquify....I think a few hours. :dohh:

I've looked into IUI and it's incredibly expensive here. Around $1,000 per cycle!?!?! So that will be our last resort if we don't get pregnant after a couple years. I have heard that they can do a "semen wash" which is what they do with the high viscosity and then they do AF or at home insemination. It's a lot cheaper than IUI. That could be a better option for us...but we'll see :) It could have just been a freak month and his sample was messed up or something... I wasn't a fan of the Clomid, as I get get cysts and I ovulated last night and it pretty much felt like a small explosion in my abdomen because of the Clomid :wacko:

Oh you're totally fine, I appreciate the help :)
I'm only doing this round of Clomid for now. It did help me ovulate from my left ovary (I've been ovulating from my right every cycle for some reason), so I feel like that may be lucky :winkwink: After this cycle we'll probably have him get checked out by a doctor in January (after Christmas expenses!!!). It could be from something small like an infection or even dehydration. I have been going straight to bed after bding and letting it "marinade" over night :haha: as we don't know how long it takes for his semen to liquify....I think a few hours. :dohh:

I've looked into IUI and it's incredibly expensive here. Around $1,000 per cycle!?!?! So that will be our last resort if we don't get pregnant after a couple years. I have heard that they can do a "semen wash" which is what they do with the high viscosity and then they do AF or at home insemination. It's a lot cheaper than IUI. That could be a better option for us...but we'll see :) It could have just been a freak month and his sample was messed up or something... I wasn't a fan of the Clomid, as I get get cysts and I ovulated last night and it pretty much felt like a small explosion in my abdomen because of the Clomid :wacko:

Yeah, I haven't really looked into the cost factor at this point. I just knew that I had read if hubby has a sperm-related issue they typically recommend it. I also talk to a woman once who literally self-inseminated at home. Apparently she had a traumatic childbirth experience with her first child and for some reason, her hubby and her could not BD. They wanted to conceive a second child, so I guess she would 'give him a hand' :haha: and then they would put the sperm in a warmer to keep it close to body temp. Then she would use Preseed to help with any cervical mucus issue and her hubby would 'give her a hand' and they had a syringe of some sort to insert his semen as far in as possible? I am guessing a syringe her doctor suggested? It sounded SUPER crazy to me! First of all, if you have had a traumatic birth experience and your body isn't in the condition for BD'ing with the hubby, then I am thinking how is it in condition for another pregnancy? :shrug: Anyhow, it worked. She ended up pregnant. I never did follow up to see if she carried the baby full term or what birth was like then. I guess it is not uncommon for women to do at home insemination like this. Personally, I think that would take some serious romance out of it. LOL BUT desperate times call for desperate measures!

I cannot share any Clomid experiences yet... but I sure hope when/if that time comes that my hair does not fall out like that! EEK! Hoping it did the trick for you! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->