Baby Mine

I've got a few on the underside too, but nothing much... Yet!!

I can't wait to get back to the gym,and wear all re clothes that have been say looking forlorn in my wardrobe :(

I've started to put together my hospital bag today, it doesn't seem to have much in it yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to put together some serious bulk! (My sister in law took 6 bags with her!!!!)

I'm officially full-term today - really can't wait to get it all done now - fed up, bored and uncomfortable. I went to my niece's christening yesterday and after leaving in floods of tears I was aching all over by the end of the day - I didn't get up until midday today and that's not like me at all!!

21 days left, please be a little early baby!!!

Wow, full term...I can't believe it, it just seems like it went by so fast (and other times it feels like I've been pregnant forever). So full term is 37 weeks, isn't it? I'll be making a little wish to Santa that you go early, Red...it would be nice to get it all over and done with!

Are you nervous about labor/delivery? I have to say that I'm NOT, but I've still got about six weeks...and something tells me I just haven't really thought hard about it. But for some reason, I just figure...it's going to happen, and it's going to go how it goes...I have a good doctor, am delivering at a good hospital...no point stressing out or dreading it.

Congrats on being full term, Red! You're almost there! Wow, can't wait to find out what you're having! Crossing my fingers you go a little early as well. :thumbup:

Emmy, I have the same thing with my ribs especially under my boobs. I figured it was from the weight of my boobs pushing against me when I sit.... plus, I'm still wearing bras that have an underwire, and I thought maybe that might be contributing. I do have a really sore spot on my upper left rib area though that I'm not sure why it hurts... lol

No "new" stretch marks that I've noticed. I've got some really light old ones from when I was really overweight, then lost it all for my wedding. I was wondering if I would just restretch in my skin or if I'll get new ones. So far, I haven't seen any of the dark reddish purple stretch marks that a lot of women get, so crossing my fingers that I don't! My belly button never popped either, although it's getting perilously close! :haha: There are some benefits to having been a little pudgy. lol

My doc wrote me a note to take to work, requesting that I be taken off until post-partum. I'm hoping the HR/medical department lets me off under short term disability so I get paid for it! Still lots of swelling/fluid retention, and the carpal tunnel is driving me crazy! Having a difficult time sleeping because of it, and can't get comfy. lol

My mom is coming over today to help me put together the crib and bookshelf for LO's room. Carpet was put in on Monday, and I cleaned the carpet last night so it could be dry in time for today. Can't wait for it to come together!

Wow, didn't mean to write a novel! :haha:

Hope you ladies have a fantastic day! :flower:

Kal, it's so funny - I mentioned the rib pain to my doctor last time I was there and he said it's probably because they're being used as a foot rest. He said that every time he's checked over the past few appointments, the baby has been basically in the same position. He said the feet are probably always jutted up under the ribs on that side, and that's why it's ONLY that side that hurts. Says it's common. Crazy stuff!

My belly button hasn't popped out either...it was especially cavernous to begin with (I have a REALLY deep belly button normally, HA), so it's definitely shallower...but I don't know if it'll ever pop out completely. I hope not, I hate having anything touch it - clothes, people, whatever.

How did it go with the note from your doc? Was HR good about it?

Still waiting on HR to put me on short term... However because I have a dr note, I can't go to work until they hear otherwise, so I have to use my sick time right now...then if necessary, my leftover vacation time - which will suck if it gets that far because I was saving it for next year. Hoping they decide what to do with me before I run out of sick time!

Well, I've been denied short term disability, so back to work I go! that sucks... I was really looking forward to being off! I guess they decided that as long as I could move around when I needed to, and elevate my feet that I could medically still work. Why did the doctor write me a note off if she wasn't going to back it up?? :shrug:

I honestly don't know how that works. I think it's hard to get the disability leave approved unless you really are physically incapable of working and will remain that way for a longer amount of time than your regular sick days would cover. Most places are more like, "Okay, you being uncomfortable is not the same as being disabled...get to work." So the doctor can try and see if the note will be enough, but they can't tell them you are physically unable to work if you're not. Sucks though it does! Sorry Kal!

Sorry about that Kal - not much longer to go though!!!

Had my usual midwife appointment today and my blood pressure was raised and so got sent to the hospital - got Dan to come and get me and in we went.

After 3 BP measurements and half an hour of monitoring they were perfectly happy that the baby is fine and happy and interestingly my last BP reading was 113/65 which midwife at hospital said was slightly on the low side!!

Reassured that they don't believe there's a problem with my BP, midwife said if it was a problem it wouldn't have settled like it did, and that baby is active and happy in there so all good :)

Still not engaged yet, but hovering around the brim of my pelvis apparently so could be at any time - nearly ready for Christmas and hoping for a nice quiet day, just the two of us, before life changes forever!! (Yikes!)

I'm of back to bed now.. Got up as couldn't sleep, but being beaten up something rotten by baby so don't know if it'll work!

Have a good day ladies :)

How can time go by so stinkin' quickly, and yet crawl at the same time? :shrug: You're almost to your due date, Red!! How are you feeling? I can't wait to find out what you're having, I bet you're so excited to know as well! Glad your BP issue worked itself out. Keep us updated!

I'm doing fairly well, even with being back at work. I swell 3 times worse on the days that I work than the days I don't, even though I try to keep my feet up when I'm sitting, and I try to move around when I can. Just can't find a happy medium. My biggest issue is the carpal tunnel though. It's gotten to the point where my right hand is pretty much useless for a better part of the day. The left isn't too bad thankfully! Really annoying when I can't write, or open a bag of candy though :haha:

I can't wait to get rid of all the excess fluid I'm holding. The other major annoyance I can't wait to be rid of is the acne!! It went away during 2nd Tri, and came back with a vengeance in 3rd Tri. It's mostly along my ear/hairline and jaw area. *sigh* Gotta love hormones!

I need to get a hospital bag packed up and ready to go. I'm getting excited about meeting our little guy! A little nervous, and trying to enjoy our last days together without kids, but starting to look forward to having him around.

I hope you ladies have a very Merry Christmas!!
:xmas8::xmas9::xmas6:

Red, wow! EDD tomorrow already...that's crazy. I can't wait to find out whether that cookie you've been baking needs pink or blue frosting. :)

Kal, I am with you on the acne. It's only just been in the last couple of weeks that I've really noticed it...mostly on my chin. Just when you're feeling your biggest, swollenest and unwieldiest - in come the zits! Nice!

Apparently shouting "get out" to the baby doesn't work!

Still waiting, an no real signs of anything happening at all yet so I think it might be a while longer yet :(

Apparently shouting "get out" to the baby doesn't work!

Still waiting, an no real signs of anything happening at all yet so I think it might be a while longer yet :(

They don't listen to eviction notices, eh? I hope baby gets a wriggle on! Meanwhile, enjoy your last few days without him/her! Will cross my fingers that things start happening, and it goes quickly and hopefully with minimal pain! Keep us updated if you can! I know getting on the forum will not be your priority at that point... :haha:

What?? Not a priority? I thought she said she was going to take her iPad into the delivery room with her and do real-time updates during pushing! :haha:

It's so funny, trying to enjoy the last days of your life without kids - because in the end, until you HAVE them, you're not really sure which experiences and moments you should be enjoying the most, ha. Probably anything that involves quiet. Also, don't you wish that for these last couple of weeks, you could somehow borrow your old body? It would make trying to enjoy these moments (sleeping soundly, sex, eating without severe heartburn or whatever you are going to do) MUCH easier!!

I've just informed Dan we're having an early night... ;)

His reply was "you can't just use me for sex to go into labour"... My response... "oh yes I can!!" :haha:

I'll keep you ladies as updated as I can :)

Hope you're both feeling ok

Hey...tell him that's how he got you into this mess, now that's how he's going to help get you OUT of it!

I've just informed Dan we're having an early night... ;)

His reply was "you can't just use me for sex to go into labour"... My response... "oh yes I can!!" :haha:

Hope you're both feeling ok

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Still no baby - not even a hint of anything happening, apart from being very leaky downstairs (sorry!!)

I've got a Brazilian wax booked for tomorrow too so I'm hoping I'll be ok for that, not a vanity thing really, just a precaution if I end up needing surgery I'd prefer to be all sorted down there already :haha:

How are you girls feeling?

Aww, Red. Were your dates accurate, or is baby just being a stinker?

Feeling okay here... Mostly uncomfortable, and puffed up like a balloon...lol packed most of my hospital stuff and baby's stuff so it's ready to go just in case.

At my appt last Wed, I was 70% effaced and 2 cm dilated. I know it doesn't really mean anything but at least I know things are working the way they should so far! Baby has his head snugly in my pelvis...kinda uncomfy when I sit. Heh

How are you ladies?

My dates are about as accurate as they can be - I'm like clockwork when it comes to my cycle so baby is just being stubborn like its dad!

I'm bored, big, my knees have had enough of carrying the extra weight and I'm generally fed up, but it can't go on much longer.

Starting to get a little antsy about the possibility of being induced... I know at the end if we're all ok then it doesn't matter, but I'll feel a little cheated if I don't get to go into labour on my own if you know what I mean???

Kal, I've luckily managed to avoid the swelling and puffiness for the most part so I can't imagine how it is but I bet it's no fun! Not long to go for any of us though!

Xx

I haven't had any big-time swelling either, but there's still plenty of time for that...my friend didn't get any until she was in her last two weeks and then all of a sudden she looked and felt like the Michelin Man. Hang in there Kal! It all goes away when baby is outta there!

I have my baby shower today, and have yet to figure out a place to put everything until we get the carpet laid down in the baby's room. HA! Talk about last minute. But it already feels like there's baby stuff stuck everywhere...turn the corner, you trip on a bouncy seat...open a door and there's a swing...reach onto a shelf and there's the breast pump. :)

Red, I hope you start feeling those telltale twinges soon! I'm a little nervous about that...there's so much twinging going on down there that I feel like it'll be hard to tell when they are THOSE twinges. ;) But maybe not...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->