• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Mine

Appointment went well, it was all just informational kind of stuff like medical records, family history, etc... I expected that. I'm scheduled for my first ultrasound next Friday! Yay! I was supposed to get it this Thursday, but both hubby and I have to work. Oh well.

Looking forward to seeing your scan, Red! Sucks about the blood drawing. She gave me some paperwork to go get my blood drawn before my next appointment, and I'm not looking forward to it. I have NEVER had a problem with it, ever, until the last time I went. I fasted too long, and ended up almost passing out/throwing up. Very unusual, but makes me nervous now!

Emmy - I'm glad you're feeling more peaceful about it! Looking forward to hearing that "all is well" again after your appointment!

Kal, how exciting about your first scan! Here's to seeing the little flicker! I have never gotten faint during a blood draw, but I would definitely eat something hearty before you go and drink some OJ or something. That first blood draw is a doozy - they took about six tubes from me. Not to scare you...just to prepare you! Knowledge is power! :)

Red, sounds like an all around success! Congrats, and can't wait to see the pics!

I'll put it up tomorrow - and you must have amazing veins Emmy as they got 3 half full tubes from me.. not enough!! :(

Today's taken quite a lot out of me in emotional energy... bed time with a book for me.

Sleep well tonight ladies, good luck for tomorrow Emmy, I'll be thinking of you! x

As promised, little baby me and Dan... although it is bugging me that they spelt my name wrong.. grrrr.

It's all still sinking in today - we made it public last night, and that's a relief in itself :)

Good luck today Emmy - will be waiting with bated breath!!!

Attachments

• Baby Lizzie and Dan.jpg
    Baby Lizzie and Dan.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 4
Awwwwwwwwww, how precious, Red!! How exciting!! Now I can't wait until mine! :haha:

Are you guys going to find out what gender you're having, or will you make it a surprise?

We're going to keep it as a surprise - it's going to be one or the other!

Do you guys want to know?

We want to know! It'll make planning a lot easier. Honestly, I'm kind of hoping for a boy first. Although I'll be perfectly delighted with a girl! ;) It also makes baby showers easier for everyone. I went to one recently that they didn't share the gender, and it made shopping difficult, since most baby stuff is gender themed.

But it's a different choice for everyone! Kind of fun to make it be a surprise. =)

Well, all went swimmingly at the scan today! Baby's heartbeat and size are just where they should be - I'm right between seven and eight weeks. So far, so good for my little comeback kid!

We're going to find out what we're having...my mom wants us to keep it a surprise, but my hubby wants to know ahead of time, so I guess he overrules her. ;) I would have been okay either way...but I don't know if, when the ultrasound tech asked me if I wanted to know, I would have been able to resist!

We're going to find out what we're having...my mom wants us to keep it a surprise, but my hubby wants to know ahead of time, so I guess he overrules her. ;) I would have been okay either way...but I don't know if, when the ultrasound tech asked me if I wanted to know, I would have been able to resist!

Well, you guys can find out what you're having, and just keep it a secret between the two of you! You don't have to tell mom. :flower:

We totally understand the idea of wanting to be organised, we just don't think it's a trade off that's worth it - we're both going to go through a lot over the next 6 months, and we'd like it to be part of the reward :)

Today's issue - can't stop crying... for no reason... about nothing at all. Everything is setting me off - still got no appetite and it's getting immensely frustrating, and all round feeling a little low and rubbish today :(

I'm sure it'll turn around - want to head back to bed and get rid of today but have to go and get my mother a birthday present (at the same time as Dan skulks off elsewhere to buy mine!)

Have lovely days ladies :)

How's everyone feeling today? I'm feeling pretty good so far, but I got more sleep last night. =) Looking forward to my scan on Friday, hoping the week goes by fast!

I'm starting to get a little thicker around the middle. Nothing major, but enough for my clothes to be snug. I know it's probably mostly bloat... but I'm kind of excited about getting a bump. (remind me I said that when I'm 8 months gone, and knocking into everything :haha:)

Haha Kal! I know what you mean...if this makes any sense, I feel about 5 lbs lighter than I was two weeks ago, but the scale says it's not so. Still...I'm sure that's short-lived.

I was my mom's first, and she had me in August...she said to feel VERY lucky that I'm not going to be huge when it's really hot outside. I never thought about that...but she's right. It'll be WAY easier to be at our largest and most uncomfortable in December/January than it would be in July/August. :)

I actually feel great today...the morning sickness has been less constant for some reason. I was fine day before yesterday, then yesterday it was back, and this morning I feel fine (for now). I know this causes alot of first trimesterers to worry...but I'm enjoying it. It's nice not to wake up with a roiling stomach!! Hoping it lasts so I can enjoy burgers with my Dad for Father's Day later!

Anyone getting their hubby a card too? ;)

Hi ladies, sounds like you are both well which is great :)

I've been away for my birthday.. Nice to spend some tine with the family.

Returned homethis afternoon and I really have heard it all now - you know we've been having issues with some people where we live... Well apparently now Dan's ex (the duplicitous liar), is going round telling everyone and crying to everyone that her wedding day has been ruined, and her thunder has been stolen by us announcing our pregnancy.. That we just can't leave her alone and it's all terrible and we're such horrible people...

Now.. Ignoring the fact that we had no idea that they had even set a date for their wedding until this afternoon, what the hell have the two things got in common?!?!?!?! I really am at a loss - is it such a stretch for her tiny brain to work out that 2 people who love each other might want to start a family and that when that happens is not always by design... And anyway, why should it matter?

As I understand it she has some fertility issues, for which I have a limited amount of sympathy, however that's not our fault - we're happy and even if we didn't say anything now, it's not like I could hide it forever is it?!

I really don't understand her... If she was truly happy surely she wouldn't care. I actually hope she has a really great day and is very happy - as much as she's made my life a misery it's an important day for any woman - it strikes me she's trying to find excuses to make herself unhappy...

Rant over.

Back to pregnancy related stuff.... I literally threw up in the car today.. At the start of our journey home - nowhere to change so I was a bit uncomfortable :( luckily it was mainly watery stuff.. The joys of having babies eh?!?!

What the heck?? So let me get this straight - you two should have consulted with her on what an appropriate time would be to announce that you're expecting? There's a reason people break UP...so they don't HAVE to consult each other on these big life decisions anymore.

I really don't get it. What you say is absolutely correct...her wedding day belongs to her, and your baby belongs to you. It's not like you announced that you were expecting a baby with her fiance or something. One should have nothing to do with the other. How silly.

I would advise you to ignore such rants...easier said than done, I know, but honestly, it sounds like she just 1) craves attention, and 2) wants to make sure that any happy news you could possibly announce/share will be tainted with guilt or some such other negative emotion. Don't give her the satisfaction!!

And I'm sorry you threw up in the car. LOL!

I know it's utterly ridiculous - knowing her we probably should have consulted her before we even attempted to get pregnant, lest we offend her sensibilities!

I find it incredible that someone apparently so happy with her life can seemingly be so obsessed with what her ex is doing.

Anyway, I had on and off sickness for ages - I still do really, but it's much more infrequent now. Good news I've also got my appetite back.. bad news for my waistline probably though!!

Bed time now after a long weekend, sweet dreams ladies :)

Red - Wow, I'm sorry she is being such a pain the backside! It sounds like she's still hanging on to Dan in a bitter way. She needs to let go, and enjoy her life with her new partner instead of clinging on to her old one. You do know, of course, that when you have little one and name him/her, she's going to claim that was HER name she had picked out and you ruined it for her, right? LOL :haha:

Emmy - sounds like you're doing good too! I'm so happy for that!

I know it's early, but have you guys discussed any possible names yet? We did, because there wasn't really anything else to talk about while we were waiting for our first appointment. lol I think we have names picked out for both genders now, but we have plenty of time to decide. lol

My nausea isn't as consistent as it normally is. I still haven't thrown up at all although sometimes I wish I would, so I'd feel better afterwards. I feel like I've gained about 15 lbs, even though in the last 9 weeks, I've only gained about 4 or 5. And that was all within the first 2 weeks, I've maintained since then!

We're going on vacation this next week, camping. I have to check with my OB @ my appointment on Friday about acceptable bugspray and sunblocks. And activities.

Kal, you're so right about the name thing and Red's stalker, ha. Sometimes there's nothing you can do - people are going to be as insane as they wanna be.

We have thought of names...after my experience with the misdiagnosis (or whatever you want to call it - I don't blame the doctor, but I guess that's what it was), I've been so reluctant still to do anything that will get me too attached in case something else happens. But it's really hard NOT to think of all this stuff!! :blush:

I figure once I cross into the second tri, after about 14 weeks, we'll really hunker down and start getting serious about just who this little one is going to be! By then I should finally start to relax, ha!

I hate to post again when I was the LAST one that posted in the thread, but just a little update...just had another appointment, tadpole looks great! Normal heartbeat is between 120-180 he said, and this LO is right at 164. So far so GREAT! :)

Looks like I may be joining you girls!!

Attachments

• positive.jpg
    positive.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 4
Yay, Emmy! Glad all is still going well!

I'm excited about my first scan tomorrow! I hope I get to hear peanut's heart beat and see a nice picture! Still, part of me is nervous. I've seen too many stories of mmc's on this board, so I'm a little scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->