Baby Monitor Anamolies/Visitors/Paranormal Phenomenon

Furby! Totally forgot about that little critter. I had a black one when I was a kid, got annoyed with it pretty quickly. Can't remember what happened to it though...

Can I add my story? My LO attends a day nursery from about the age of 12 months. He completely freaked out the staff who work there when one day (he was about 2) one member of staff was changing him, only the two of them In the room when he starts chatting to a 'man' on the other side of the room. Apparently he was cleaning the floor but he also had a poorly face!? None of the staff were happy about changing him on their own so they'd go in pairs! they knew him well enough to not make things like that up, he's very ocd and doesnt pretend very much! If we asked him about it in separate circumstances and random times he would tell you the same thing and point to the same place on his face where the mans' poorly was!
He would also be playing and every so often stop and say 'silly man' or other random things and if the staff asked him what he was on about he'd point to the corner of the room. We quizzed him a few times about it but would never divulge much info, he'd sort of clam up which is not like him but apparently he wasn't scary!
In the car he'd also say there was a man in the seat next to him and daddy had to tell him to go away, sometimes he'd get rather panicky about it.
I have no idea who the man at nursery could be but I'd like to think my dad is watching him, he passed when I was 13, or possibly OH's grandad who passed a year before Oliver was born. Sometimes he'd also wake in a morning and say the man had been talking to him!

Weirdly the night before I read this thread I heard a woman's voice through the monitor, just as we were going to sleep and DS2 was fussing a little. Spooky!

I love this thread! My story is slightly different..

I'm the youngest sibling in my family by 10yrs. I had a sister who would have been 12 yrs older than me however she unfortunately died as a baby due to SIDS.

As a child I didn't know anything about her other than her name and that she was my sister who went to heaven. One day when I was around 3 1/2 I got up and came downstairs and told my mum with absolute certainty that "it's my birthday today" my mum corrected me and told me I was wrong and when my birthday was but I insisted that it WAS my birthday and I was going to have a party. I told everyone I saw that day it was my birthday. What my mum knew but i didn't was that that day would have been my sisters birthday.

I'm also one of those scaredy cats that live out in the middle of nowhere and I'm home until about 7pm alone:\ anyway I just saw the furby and elmo posts so I had to share one story from when I was little.
So me and my younger sister had a remote control car. It took 2 AA batteries in the remote and 4 in the car. One night we were sleeping and I heard my mom get up (I was 10 btw) so I got up to see what she was doing. I went into the livingroom and she asked where the remote was (the car was just backing up and then smashing itself into the livingroom door) I told her "on the couch..." so my mom got all creeped out and took the batteries out of the car. The next morning we were all eating breakfast, when my mom noticed the car smashed into the door aagain. She got mad at my older brother and told him to stop screwing with her..(he had no idea about the night before) he asked what he was doing and then my mom randomly looked over to the couch (the remote still sitting there) and said "this things gotta go" we took the batteries out of the remote and put it in the trash. Then we went to grab the car...still smashing itself into the door. And my mom realized the batteries were still out of it from when she took them out the night before! Needless to say we threw out the car and remote and made a trip to the dump that day:) scared the crap outta me and my mom though!

Oooohhhhh I love furby, DD1 just got one for her birthday and I think I play with it more than her lol!! It keeps turning evil though which kind of freaks me out but it hasn't came on at night yet so I'm not so freaked about lol, oh and I think my house is haunted, my brush always goes missing for days on end then it will appear where I left it before it went missing, dh was sitting in the living room playing his Xbox when he got a really cold draft and then the balloons we had for DD1 birthday started popping randomly!! I keep hearing noises coming from upstairs when no one is there, which kinds of freaks me out as DD1 sleeps up there and DD2 is going upto her own room this week :/ I have a paranormal activity 2 flash back everytime I think about it lol xxx

Ohh, I have heard about many freakish things happening but the one that stood out for me the most was strange activity in a house owned by my aunts friend. This lady had a couple of very young kids and was a general slob. Her house was usually very messy, then one day she woke up to a gleaming house. This continued every night she went to bed, she would never bother to tidy or clean as it was done for her and she seemed to be happy about this:wacko: Then one day she spoke about it and decided to get help in order to get rid of whoever it was she couldn't see that was living in her house cleaning. They weren't happy about this, and one night set her kitchen on fire. (they must have thought she was ungrateful, lol) Thankfully no one was hurt and the family moved out.

it's good to know other people feel this way.

my grandfather died a few months after LO was born- I notice LO stares at things as if someone is standing over her and she starts talking like there is someone there. i notice small things that make me think of
him and wonder- is he here with me?

well today i had LO's calendar sitting on our dining room table and i decided to just open it up to whatever page and take a look without thinking anything of it. well i just happen to open it up on a list of our family trees and my thumb was sitting on my grandfathers name- WHOA! Q a moment of being overcome with chills and a crazy feeling. No way that's just coincidence is it?

Ohh, I have heard about many freakish things happening but the one that stood out for me the most was strange activity in a house owned by my aunts friend. This lady had a couple of very young kids and was a general slob. Her house was usually very messy, then one day she woke up to a gleaming house. This continued every night she went to bed, she would never bother to tidy or clean as it was done for her and she seemed to be happy about this:wacko: Then one day she spoke about it and decided to get help in order to get rid of whoever it was she couldn't see that was living in her house cleaning. They weren't happy about this, and one night set her kitchen on fire. (they must have thought she was ungrateful, lol) Thankfully no one was hurt and the family moved out.

what was the address??? id love a cleaning poltergeist lol

Glad I read this thread in the morning! Lol! The only time I was freaked out...I had rocked LO to sleep and put him down in the nursery. Had popped the music on on the monitor just before he fell asleep! As soon as I got in to bed, the music (coming through the receiver end) randomly stopped! I said to DH...did you turn that off...he said no, he was just sitting there!

Then I remembered the last time I played the music I put a timer on! Didn't realise it would still be on timer! Phew!

So i'm sat here with the monitor on beside me (its pretty much permanently on), heard LO cough through the monitor, and the little bars lit up to show there was a noise...my immediate thought was 'LO is up'...but he is fast asleep on my lap!

.....time to turn off the monitor!

I would honestly be to scared to have a baby monitor - i have watched way to many horror films!

Anyone else have anything else to add - i love scaring myself stupid - will regret it later when its dark! :blush:

Im so glad I bedshare and don't use monitors or need to leave my bedroom at night! :rofl: some very scary stories here!

I love this thread so much lol.

I've seen way to many horror films I think, means I have an overactive imagination. Every noise in the house I think someones coming to kill me lol!

I've never had any experience of anything spooky, fortunately! I was creeped out enough last night when I was going to bed, asked OH to turn the lamp off and the bulb blew!

I love this thread so much lol.

I've seen way to many horror films I think, means I have an overactive imagination. Every noise in the house I think someones coming to kill me lol!

Omg! Lmao! I am exactly the same. I love talking all things paranormal but am scared just as much as anyone.

Yeah I read this thread or have experiences of my own and as soon as I do I get all goosebumpy and shivery lol.

Then when I go to bed tonight I'll be looking all around the room for ghosties/murderers lol!

Haha after I read this I was all creeped out and went to make a cup of coffee with my individual cup coffee maker.. Made the coffee and came back to find my cup gone!!!! I was so scared.. Then I realized I never put the cup there in the first place and the coffee went into the spill catcher! silly me hahaha

Haha after I read this I was all creeped out and went to make a cup of coffee with my individual cup coffee maker.. Made the coffee and came back to find my cup gone!!!! I was so scared.. Then I realized I never put the cup there in the first place and the coffee went into the spill catcher! silly me hahaha

:haha:

hahaha i laughed so hard at this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"