Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

We're really not ready either!! We still have to purchase a crib at the end of the month. If she comes earlier than that, we have the pack n play she will sleep in til we get the crib. Bought my hospital bag today! Packing it this weekend! I had got most of the stuff I needed in it already. Now to organize it and pack most of the stuff and I'll be good to go! Just have to get a couple other things like undies I can toss if need be and what not.

I can't believe in 3 weeks I'll be at the same spot I was when I had DS2 last year!! I was massively swollen at my wedding at 34 weeks and this time I just have major heartburn, no swelling yet! Have been having contractions here and there like crazy though!! My tummy hurts a lot anymore too it seems. 34 week appt tomorrow. Start my weekly NST's and ultra sounds to make sure baby and placenta are doing good!

I just went to the store last night and bought the stuff I didn't have for my hospital bag and for DS's overnight bag so those are all packed with the exception of the things we will have to grab on our way out the door like phone chargers and such. Hoping to get my car cleaned up and loaded tonight. I think I overpacked for DS but can't really know when he will be with SIL and BIL, plus they don't have kids so I had to make sure I added toys and such which I wouldn't of had to do if he was staying with his grandparents or something.

I think DH is going to help me finish the nursery this weekend but I don't know, we really chose a bad time to move since we have so many things that need to be done so Emily's room keeps getting pushed down the priority list.

Hope your appointment goes well today, JJsmom! My next one is on the 29th and I believe it's to test for Group B Strep. Was positive with DS so really hoping I'll be negative this time.

Sorry you have so much to do! Hopefully it'll all start coming together! Glad you have got your bags packed! I'm going to do mine today after I get done with homework. It's been a busy weekend with DS1 coming back home yesterday. We just have so much to do around here as well. I'm trying but not succeeding because I can't work for very long before I get tired.

Appt went well! BP was great, no swelling so doing wonderful! High risk doc wants me to do NST's twice a week and my doc said she's comfy with doing them once a week til week 36 then start twice a week. My only problem...Friday night I was out shopping and started feeling really unwell. Stopped at the machine they have to check BP and it was 150/98!!! OMG! No wonder I felt ill! I told DH we needed to go now. So we checked out and went home. I drank some water and fixed dinner because I know he was hungry. Finally was able to sit down and relax. Started feeling a bit better but I did notice with my BP being that high that I was massively swollen. So if it doesn't get any better, I'll be calling the doc office either tomorrow or Tuesday. Hoping everything is OK though. I still feel Vivian moving like crazy so hopefully it's not affecting her any.

Ugh, I've been a bad poster here! So much has been going on but I've been reading and you're all in my thoughts <3

No matter what happens though, Pixie will be here in about 3 weeks!

Heading to hospital to be monitored. BP was high so doc wants me to go in and make sure everything is OK. Had to hurry and finish packing my bag just in case. At least it's finally packed! LOL!

modified, looking forward to hearing an update from you when you have time. :hugs:

JJsmom, I hope everything turns out okay!! Let us know! :hugs:

AFM, I've been extremely busy. Finally got DD's room painted, flooring installed, and all the junk has been cleared out and the room is cleaned. All that we have left to do is move her furniture into the room and get everything set up the way we want it.

I also got my car cleaned and hospital bag/DS's overnight bag all packed and loaded.

I'm relieved that things are getting done but still a little stressed since I need DH's help on doing so much stuff but he doesn't seem to think any of this stuff needs to be done. I get so frustrated with him just saying he'll get to it and then spending his time playing xbox. It's not even like I'm asking him to do that much stuff, just the heavy lifting and some help hanging stuff.

Brittany, sorry DH is still being a pain. It'd be nice if men would be like us sometimes and want to get stuff done rather than put it off until last minute.

Everything turned out OK for now. They said my BP looked good at that point but I am having a ton of contractions. I didn't know if they were contractions or if it was Vivian moving around. The NST at the doc office wasn't picking up any contractions so I didn't think they were. But hospitals were clear as could be. She said come back if I'm having 6 or more an hour (which I already was having 6 an hour). But they weren't regular. Some were back to back, others would wait a bit. They aren't painful either, just uncomfortable. I'm 1cm dilated but cervix is still real long. She checked me after 2 hours and when she did Vivian moved and the nurse chuckled! She said I feel her moving!! I laughed and said yes. She said I could touch her head if I wanted but your cervix is still like this long as she held her hand up which was about 3 inches. So now I know what I'm feeling is actual contractions and I'm just watching to see if they become more painful. I didn't change at all when I was there so they sent me home to come back if anything changes.

Gracie arrived as scheduled by c-section on July 25 at 9:46 am weighing 7 lb. 15 oz. We just got home tonight and she's doing amazing!

Attachments

• mommydaddygracie1.jpg
    mommydaddygracie1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1
  • noahgracie1.jpg
    noahgracie1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2
  • gracie1.jpg
    gracie1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 3
Congrats on little Gracie! She's a doll!!

Congrats Denyse! She is beautiful!!

Quick update...DH got his visa!! He's coming to the US around the 18th next month. I just hope I don't go into early labor as I'll be 37 weeks by then (but I'm assuming I won't...)

My mom has been buying LOADS of baby stuff!! I don't think we'll need more baby clothes...that's for sure! She's really excited to be a grandma. :)

Doctor said everything looks good. I'm the perfect weight for 34 weeks which is very reassuring. Just trying to get stuff done. Got baby shower invitations done.

Hope you are all doing well!

tropicsgirl, so exciting for your husband to get approved and be there for you and baby!!! Wonderful news!

Awesome news about your husband being approved for a visa tropicsgirl!! I imagine that is a big relief for both of you. I guess even if you do go into labor early, you know when he will be arriving so you know he won't be missing months and months of your LO's life.

AFM, had my 36 week appointment last night. They did the GBS test so will be waiting to hear about that. I was positive with DS so I'm kind of expecting to be positive again though I really hope I'm not. I hated having the IV antibiotics because I thought they burned while they were being administered. Not to mention, if I go into labor naturally I need to get to the hospital ASAP rather then being able to labor at home because they would want me to have the antibiotics for at least 4 hours and you tend to go faster in second pregnancies and I already went extremely fast the first time around.

Also had a cervical check at this appointment, I'm almost 2 cms dilated and 50% effaced. I never got past 2 cms dilated and 80% effaced with DS and ended up having to be induced so not really paying much attention to what the check says.

Everything is looking good though so I'm pleased. Can't believe we're moving into the final month.

Awesome news about your husband being approved for a visa tropicsgirl!! I imagine that is a big relief for both of you. I guess even if you do go into labor early, you know when he will be arriving so you know he won't be missing months and months of your LO's life.

AFM, had my 36 week appointment last night. They did the GBS test so will be waiting to hear about that. I was positive with DS so I'm kind of expecting to be positive again though I really hope I'm not. I hated having the IV antibiotics because I thought they burned while they were being administered. Not to mention, if I go into labor naturally I need to get to the hospital ASAP rather then being able to labor at home because they would want me to have the antibiotics for at least 4 hours and you tend to go faster in second pregnancies and I already went extremely fast the first time around.

Also had a cervical check at this appointment, I'm almost 2 cms dilated and 50% effaced. I never got past 2 cms dilated and 80% effaced with DS and ended up having to be induced so not really paying much attention to what the check says.

Everything is looking good though so I'm pleased. Can't believe we're moving into the final month.

I had my GBS done today. She checked me and I'm 1cm and long just like I was at the hospital 2 weeks ago! Hopefully you'll progress more and not have to be induced again. I'm thinking the same thing, I didn't get results back with my DS2 because she did the test then sent me to the hospital and induced me the next day. So I'm hoping this time around it'll come back negative as I hated being on the antibiotics too!

Next week I start getting monitored twice a week. 2 NST's and BPP's. To me that's a lot of appts!! Hope with the house work I plan on getting done this week will help set things in place since these painful BH's haven't been doing anything for me yet!

FX'ed your test is negative too. I was told they would only call me if the test results came back positive and so far I haven't heard anything. I read it takes 1-3 days to get the results but not sure how accurate that is. I'm getting a little excited that it might be negative.

Sorry you have to go to the doctor so much but it is good that they're monitoring you so closely I suppose. I have 3 more appointments, the 14th, the 19th, and the 26th. I'm assuming the appointment on the 26th is when my OB will bring up induction.

Hello ladies! A quick update on me since I have not been on this thread for a while. (I finally found it) I am going to be induced on August 17th at 7 a.m. So my due date was August 24th but my Dr is worried since my asthma been acting up a bit. My blood pressure has been normal so far which I am happy about. Earlier in the pregnancy my blood pressure was way too high.:growlmad: I am getting scared now but happy at the same time, if that even makes any sense. I go for my scan and to see my ob on Wednesday. I will give you ladies another update then.

<3

https://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o707/tonidarling/FB326545-24B8-4523-8637-6758EA04CBB7_zpsuvoml9ny.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->