Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

Quick update my baby boy Elisha Abner was born the 8th @ 8:05pm weighing 4Ibs & 11oz he's doing great I was induced because of preeclampsia.

Congrats Modified and Jett!!!

Momwife, good luck on your induction!

My doc has brought up induction already. She said next time I see her she is scheduling my induction date. She doesn't want me to go past 38 weeks as the last few weeks becomes very uncomfortable and she doesn't want to see my BP go up and she wants to make sure my placenta doesn't stop working for Vivian either. With that being said, I see the NP on Tuesday, and I don't see the doc til Friday which I will be 38 weeks at that point. Not sure if I am still pregnant at that time if she'll send me straight over to the hospital or if she'll schedule it for Monday which I don't want because DH has to work M-Th. He's off Friday through Sunday. I need him to help out with our kids as DS1 has school and I wouldn't have a way to get him there and it would be hard to entertain DS2 the whole day while we are at the hospital. I'd never get any sleep period!

So I guess we'll see what Friday brings! Unless the NP talks to me about it on Tuesday. Been very uncomfortable already. She is pushing herself down and I can feel her head against my cervix at this point. She used to punch it and now I just feel more pressure than punches. It hurts all the time when she moves and I've been having so many irregular contractions it's crazy. Some painful, some not. I surely hope they are finally doing something as I've been at 1cm the last 3 weeks they've checked me!

congrats modified and jett! I hope you're doing well with the new baby. :)

momwife, let us know how it goes!

I've been busy lately. Finally back in the US. Husband will be here next week!! So far I've been pretty good. But I've been having what I think might be BH contractions every once in awhile. I feel this dull pressure sometimes in my pelvis. Though baby is head down and quite low, so maybe it has something to do with that. Have to pee every 20 minutes it seems like! Everyone says my stomach looks so small but I feel huge! The Midwife said I'm measuring on track though!

JJ'smom, I understand about the pressure as I've been feeling that too. Let us know if they decide to induce you!

tropics, glad your husband will be with you next week!! That's just wonderful news!

NP didn't talk about the induction other than asking if they had talked to me about it yet. I said we're discussing it on Friday. She said OK and that was it. She said the baby looked good on the NST. So on Friday I have to ask if I can be induced next Friday or if they won't let me, see if they'll let me go straight over from my appt to be induced. I lost my plug on Sunday so thought something would start going as I've never lost my plug before. But I'm still the same, just 1 cm. I didn't asked about if I'm more effaced though. I'll ask that on Friday too. I did find out yesterday I'm GBS+ which really stinks. So the NP told me if I go into labor to go straight to the hospital so they can get me on the antibiotics. I wonder why they never called to tell me I was GBS+ and the doc last week said she thought it was negative but would recheck my file.

MomWife, so exciting to have an induction date set up. Not long at all before you will be meeting your little man.

Modified, congratulations! What a beautiful baby girl! Look forward to hearing your birth story when you have time to share. :)

Jett55, also congratulations to you on the birth of your son!! Can't wait to hear your birth story as well.

JJsmom, sorry you're GBS+. I was GBS+ with DS and having to be on the antibiotics sucked. Not everyone experiences this from what I read online but I found that when the penicillion was being adminsitered it burned like crazy. Felt like someone was burning my arm. My results came back negative this time so I'm happy to not have to deal with that again.

AFM, DH finally got around to putting the crib together so DD's nursery is starting to come together. Still several things left to do in there and around the house though so that's why I haven't been on much. I wish DH understood why I want all this stuff done but he just doesn't seem to get it. I really just want to come home to a clean, clutter free house. Not a place that looks like a tornado swept through it where I absolutely can't relax at all.

38 week appointment tonight and then will be having my 39 week appointment Tuesday (a bit early but that's what was available).

Brittany, glad you were GBS negative this time!! I had to have them last time with DS2 also because they did the test and then after my BP didn't go down at that appt sent me to the hospital to be monitored then decided to go ahead and induce the next day. So they went on and gave me the antibiotics just in case. I just hate being tied to that stinking IV!! Last time was terrible though. I was given like 4 or 5 different meds through the IV for some time. I was in bed and couldn't get up period. It was terrible, but DS2 was worth it. Ended up with bed sores because they wouldn't let me move or anything. Even with the epidural, my poor bum hurt so bad but that was where I was tired of laying on it. I went in on a Wednesday morning and they didn't let me walk around until Saturday evening.

Hoping that I won't have to worry too much about the IV's but I know I'll have to have the pitocin too since she doesn't seem to want to come on her own. My appt is tomorrow to let me know when I get to have her, if she doesn't come before of course.

Good luck at your appt Brittany!!! Glad he got the crib together! Hopefully he'll help get everything else situated since it's getting so close!

We are looking at possibly buying a house. Won't know for sure though until DH's uncle gets it appraised and see if he'll work with us until we can get our taxes back to give him a down payment. It would be very nice though if he would work with us, it's a 4 bedroom house which is 2 rooms more than what we have here. DS1 could have a big room upstairs, and DS2 and DD1 can have the downstairs room by our room.

I hope everything works out with the house JJsmom. Sounds like it would be a lot nicer for you guys with the extra rooms.

AFM, I'm being induced August 21st at 5:30 am assuming there is a room available. My OB was asking about the pain I've been having as well as the contractions and then said since this is my second pregnancy I could be induced a week early if I chose to. I was originally planning to wait and try going naturally but I'm at the point where I'm in so much pain that I feel like I can barely care for my son. I basically want to sit on the couch all day because I can't move at all without it being excruciating.

I have another appointment Tuesday so will probably get more details on what exactly will be happening then.

All of this has made me panic a bit though. I kind of thought in my head I would go a week over like I did with DS so would have 3 weeks to get everything done, now I only have a week so I'm feeling a bit stressed.

Oh my goodness Brittany!! We are being induced on the same day!! I don't have specifics yet but at my appt today I had a choice of either Monday or Thursday and I chose Thursday hoping DH could get off work or at least be off early if at all possible. Otherwise I have to watch DS2 at the hospital all day while in labor. I have another appt on Monday to do another NST and check the fluid. As long as everything looks good she said she'll let me go to Thursday, if not, then she'll send me over then to start the induction.

I'm freaking out too about the timeline! We have so much to get done in so little time. Also new things coming up about the house it's kind of making me wonder if we should do it. He raised the rent $150 a month for us from what his mom was paying but it also includes the gas which his mom had to buy. But the biggest stipulation is he said we can't have our dog there which is very frustrating. If we have to get rid of him, he will be put down because he's aggressive to other ppl. I have a hard time with that. So DH said he'd talk to him and see what he says and kind of go from there. He wants to rent the house, I'm hoping after the first of the year he might change it to let us purchase the house when we have our taxes back.

Why are you in so much pain Brittany?

That's sad news about your dog JJsmom, I would be so upset if I had to get rid of my dog. Hopefully something can be worked out so you won't have to do that.

Also exciting that you are being induced the same day! Do you know what time they will be starting your induction? Assuming that their is a room available in labor and delivery and that everything goes fine at your next appointment.

As for the pain, my OB said it sounds like a lot of stretching from ligaments which she says can be more painful in future pregnancies but I feel like it's more then just ligament pain. I mean by the afternoon I can barely walk.

I am upset about my dog. My MIL saw us today and she just kept talking about us moving into the house and all. Then she looked at me and said you aren't happy about moving now??? I was like we'll see what happens. Like I told DH today, I said I bet if they told her she had to give up her dog she wouldn't have moved in there! He said nope, she wouldn't have. But it's OK for US to give up our dog we've had for 3 years.

Not sure what time but I know she said bright and early! She was like the sooner we get you on the pitocin and your water broke, she's hoping Vivian will be there before dinner time. I'd say we'll see because we did this with DS2, but at the same time I wasn't dilated at all. Now I'm sitting at a 1-2cm and 50% or more effaced. So it might not take as long. So I figured she'd want me there no later than 6am.

What you are describing as pain sounds like what I've heard other ladies talk about, SPD. Hopefully you won't have to deal with it much longer!! Only 4 more full days and then the induction process begins!!

Vivian's movements have lessened up some. She is still moving like crazy but she isn't doing painful jabs like she was before my appt yesterday. She seemed to wake up in church tonight, but other than that, they feel more like rolls than punches anymore.

At my appt yesterday, I am a good 2cm and 75% effaced. Doc is hoping I'm at 3cm by Thursday morning. I am scheduled to be in there at 5:30am which means I have to be there at 5am for registration. My mom is betting I go Wednesday night. I've been having so many contractions but none of them are regular. They are all over the place.

Brittany, I can't believe we'll be seeing our babies in 2 days!!

I posted in here yesterday and it didn't go through. Anyways, it is incredibly exciting how soon we will be meeting our babies. Have you gotten everything done that you wanted to? There are a few things I would have liked to have gotten done as far as decorations for the nursery but I've just ran out of time so they will have to be done later. Not too big of a deal though since she will be in mine and DH's room for awhile anyways. Just focusing on getting my house cleaned up and everything packed up for DS, DH, and I.

Are you on eastern time JJsmom? Where I used to live in Indiana they were on Eastern time but I know the whole state is not on the same time zone as stupid as that is. If so you'll be starting your induction process a little before me but so exciting that we will have our babies in our arms tomorrow.

Yes ma'am I'm on Eastern time! It's crazy how soon we'll be meeting our little ones!! Glad you got most everything done! We still have some stuff to get done but nothing too big. Moving the pack n play upstairs to use until we get her crib set up. Getting the car seat in tonight too!! EEK!! I'm nervous though too!

Congratulations on the births of all the new babies :) hope they are all doing well x

Hope everything went smoothly Brittany and Jjsmom and you have beautiful babies to hold.

My little man was born a couple of days ago on the 22nd Aug. I was induced due to low fluid levels so after a very short and intense labour got to hold my little man (weighing an average size of 7.5pound). We have named him Raphael Hallam and he is such a chilled and calm little boy :)

All thes best for those of you who still are yet to have your babies. I wish you smooth labours with healthy babies x

Emily Michelle arrived Thursday at 4:20 PM weighing 6 lbs, 10 ozs and 19 inchs long. We were just released from the hospital yesterday and are currently adjusting at home.

Congratulations Jacky!!

Wow! Can't believe pretty much everyone is having their babies! Congrats Brittany and jacky!! How did your deliveries go? JJ'smom, I hope your delivery goes smoothly. Let us know!

I'm still here...lol. Not due until Sept. 6th though...nothing new going on with me. My husband is now in the US. :) We're getting stuff ready slowly...I'm hoping I don't go overdue...at least not by too much as I imagine it will be pretty uncomfortable. It's weird not knowing the day she'll be here...we're getting anxious to meet her!!

Congrats Brittany and jacky!!!

We were induced on Thursday morning. Things were going well and they broke my water after my second dose of antibiotics, so around 11:30 or 12. Things were getting a little bit more intense and I decided that I was going to hold off as long as I could before getting the epidural. They told me I could have it when I went in as I was at a 3 but I didn't want to delay the labor process too much. Mom told me not to wait too long or else it would be too late. LOL! So I decided to go ahead and get it and they kept uping the pitocin to get my contractions back to regular. Doc came in at 4:20 to apologize because she had to leave as she has 2 sick kids and 1 that had to go to ballet and her husband had to be some place and wasn't able to leave. She seemed upset because she missed my DS2's birth too. At 4:20 I was at a 6, I was at a 4 when the nurse checked me at 4. Doc said no way would I go within an hour and so she was off.

A few mins later I was getting major intense pains. I could feel every one of them through the epidural. I held on as long as I could when I told everyone else they needed to get out and the nurses needed to come in. She of course couldn't believe it but I was hollering that I was going to poo everywhere or the baby was going to come out. LOL! She said no, you're not going to poo so don't worry. News to her, I felt like I was at the time, and was confirmed later by hubby. (Sorry TMI!) On call doc was in the next room over as he was in the process of delivering a baby. LOL! So they had to set the tray up and that lady was in there throwing everything in the floor as she was trying to hurry and get the table ready and they kept telling me to breathe through the contractions. Doc came in and had a student with him, she ended up delivering Vivian. It was really cool as I listened to him tell her exactly what to do and each step. She was born at 5:16pm!!! Weighing 8 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches long!

As soon as she was born they took her as she was really blue and she wasn't breathing. They ended up taking her back on to the nursery and DH asked if I needed him or to go with her, I immediately said she needs him. My family were out there watching them work on her and they got upset when they pulled the curtain so they couldn't see her. It took them almost an hour before they brought her back to me. I was devastated and didn't know what was going on. They went to hand her to me and said, don't be scared of her face. Of course at that point I was wondering what the heck was going on. She was really bruised because she came down so quickly. Poor little one! But she was perfect!

We are now home, came home yesterday after her 24 hr tests. She is jaundiced so we have her on a bilibed. They expected her to be after all the bruising. It is mostly cleared up now but of course she's yellow. She's nursing very well and I'm so delighted to have our little princess home!!

Brittany, I just realized with the time difference we were pushing at the same time and Emily and Vivian are only 4 mins apart!!

Congrats JJ's mom! Sounds like you had an intense labor, but glad everything turned out OK and you now have your baby girl. :)

I too had my baby girl! I had itching on my hands and feet at 38 weeks and was concerned it could be cholestasis so I went in for blood work. That same day, I went in for fetal monitoring and got my blood results back and my liver enzymes, etc, were high and my blood pressure was high. The midwife came in and told me I had pre-eclampsia and had to be induced that day!!

I was shocked. I had been feeling OK for the most part, just tired. And before that my blood pressure was always fine. So I raced home to get my stuff and went to the hospital. Got put on magnesium which made my muscles relax but once they started the pitocen my contractions started quickly and were so close together. I was in agony, so they gave me morphine. Then finally at 5 cm they gave me the epidural and I pretty much fell asleep. Next thing I knew, I was awake and already 10 cm dilated! I pushed for 4 hours though because the magnesium made me weak. Finally Anya Louise was born at 5 lbs 13 oz! She's a small thing but she is doing fine now. :)

Congrats on your little girl!! Pre-e is a pain!! I had it with DS2 and the magnesium sucks! That is definitely a long time to push, so glad you were able to finally push her out rather than having a c-section. Glad your baby girl is doing well and I hope you're feeling better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->