Baby shower - gift for the host

_dreamer_

Reaction score
I know in the UK it's not so common to have baby showers, but my friend is throwing me one for close friends and family, a get together with a few games and nibbles. she's doing all the organising so i dont need to worry about it.

i was thinking i want to get her a nice present to say thank you. is this usually done in the US and does anyone have any ideas what i can get her?

x

You could do candles, candy, lotion, gift baskets, gift certificates. Personally, mine is my sister, so I am going to get her a gift card to get a pedicure, and this is something we can do together.

I never heard of that... I threw one for my sister, and she didn't get me anything. She's throwing one for me, and I'll get her a little something since I've read this. I think it's awesome to get a gift for the host! Do it! :)

Maybe you could look on wahanda or groupon or one of the other sites like that and get her something to pamper herself?

I'd say a spa day giftcard. Or I thought about getting my mom some earrings with little mans birthstone. He's due the 15th of febuary, so I'm pretty certain he will have Amethyst as his birthstone.

Hi, I actually have a shower tomorrow that 3 cousins and an aunt all planned together. Since I had to buy 4 thank you gifts, I didn't spend as much on each as I would have had it been only one person throwing the shower. I decided on buying each of them an amaryllis (christmas flower plant) and a holiday hand towel in a gift bag. Just a small token to show my appreciation.

Thats so nice and thoughtful of you! I agree a voucher for mani/pedi/spa treatment would be a nice treat for her

For my bridal shower, I put together a nice gift basket for the hostess of a bunch of jams/jellies/salsas/etc that I had made (I like to can :) ). I got shrink wrap and everything, so it looked nice, and not 'cheesy' lol. I'm having two baby showers, one for each side of the family, and I haven't decided what to get yet. Money is really tight, especially with the baby coming, so it will probably be something very simple. I think it's just nice to go out of your way to show your appreciation for all their hard work :)

I'll be keeping my eyes on this to see some more suggestions!

I think it's always nice to do something small. I love edible gifts because everyone appreciates something to munch on... candies, nuts, jellies, etc.

We just had our shower today, I plan on getting the hostess a gift basket or a gift card to a beauty store of the sorts. xx

ha lol im organising my own as my friends arent really that, well, thoughtfull bar a few!! so what shall i get myself hmmmmm :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->