Baby shower - gift for the host

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by _dreamer_, Nov 12, 2011.

1. _dreamer_

_dreamer_ Well-Known Member

I know in the UK it's not so common to have baby showers, but my friend is throwing me one for close friends and family, a get together with a few games and nibbles. she's doing all the organising so i dont need to worry about it.

i was thinking i want to get her a nice present to say thank you. is this usually done in the US and does anyone have any ideas what i can get her?

x

2. Morgan1988

Morgan1988 Well-Known Member

You could do candles, candy, lotion, gift baskets, gift certificates. Personally, mine is my sister, so I am going to get her a gift card to get a pedicure, and this is something we can do together.

3. xdxxtx

xdxxtx NTNP

I never heard of that... I threw one for my sister, and she didn't get me anything. She's throwing one for me, and I'll get her a little something since I've read this. I think it's awesome to get a gift for the host! Do it! :)

4. londonbump2

londonbump2 Single mummy in London!

Maybe you could look on wahanda or groupon or one of the other sites like that and get her something to pamper herself?

5. jenniferttc1

jenniferttc1 mommy of 1 baking #2

I'd say a spa day giftcard. Or I thought about getting my mom some earrings with little mans birthstone. He's due the 15th of febuary, so I'm pretty certain he will have Amethyst as his birthstone.

6. W8ing4ours

W8ing4ours Well-Known Member

Hi, I actually have a shower tomorrow that 3 cousins and an aunt all planned together. Since I had to buy 4 thank you gifts, I didn't spend as much on each as I would have had it been only one person throwing the shower. I decided on buying each of them an amaryllis (christmas flower plant) and a holiday hand towel in a gift bag. Just a small token to show my appreciation.

7. mumnbean

mumnbean Well-Known Member

Thats so nice and thoughtful of you! I agree a voucher for mani/pedi/spa treatment would be a nice treat for her

8. cupcakemomma

cupcakemomma Finally have our miracle!

For my bridal shower, I put together a nice gift basket for the hostess of a bunch of jams/jellies/salsas/etc that I had made (I like to can :) ). I got shrink wrap and everything, so it looked nice, and not 'cheesy' lol. I'm having two baby showers, one for each side of the family, and I haven't decided what to get yet. Money is really tight, especially with the baby coming, so it will probably be something very simple. I think it's just nice to go out of your way to show your appreciation for all their hard work :)

I'll be keeping my eyes on this to see some more suggestions!

9. Diana5241

Diana5241 Well-Known Member

I think it's always nice to do something small. I love edible gifts because everyone appreciates something to munch on... candies, nuts, jellies, etc.

10. chobette

chobette Mom to 2

We just had our shower today, I plan on getting the hostess a gift basket or a gift card to a beauty store of the sorts. xx

11. poppytal pope

poppytal pope Well-Known Member

ha lol im organising my own as my friends arent really that, well, thoughtfull bar a few!! so what shall i get myself hmmmmm :coffee: