Babys heartbeat?

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
If you found your babys HB before 10 weeks on your doppler, about where on your belly did you find it?

Im using a sonoline b and I have it a little above my csection scar and to the right. It's where the OB had the ultrasound wand. The only new thing I did today was used gel. Maybe it wasnt the right spot though?

I found it at 9 weeks and it was literally so low down in my pelvis, I had to press quite hard at an angle! I didn't use it as much then due to needing to press down so hard, but I still managed to find it! If your still struggling YouTube helped me as it did take me ages at first! Trying to distinguish between my heartbeat, the placenta and my ovaries making a noise in there

Last 2 babies around 8wks was right above pelvis and angled down and under pelvis.

Still under 4wks this time so i have a while.

Im looking right above my csection scar. That's where he had the scan wand. I don't know.

The only way you’ll find it that early is to press right in and angle the probe deep into your pelvis. If it’s not pretty uncomfortable then you’re not pressing hard enough. Ultrasound (Doppler is a form of this) cannot pass through bone so you need to be pointing in a line which totally misses the front of your pelvis.

I didnt get my doppler until I was 11+4 but even back then I had to go just above the pubic bone and aim the thingy (micro phone thing) downwards toward the pubic bone and found it.

I was told there really hard to find even at at 12 13 weeks because there so tiny still so don't don't worry if u dont manage to find it hon.
But make sure u aim the prob under the pubic bone but dont press to hard I dont want u hurting yourself hon.

I don't have my own doppler (I think it'd make me a lunatic) but the nurse at my dr surgery couldn't find the heartbeat at 14 weeks last time - and that sent me into a tailspin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->