Back for Baby No2 (again!)

lucylu79

Reaction score
I'm back again!!!

We were meant to be waiting until March when my Bestie gets married (i'm MOH) but hubs and I just can't wait. I'm mega broody and i've had such a wonderful Crimbo and NY with our DS who will be 4 in April so we've decided sod it -Life's too short! Yes I have a dress to fit into but i'm sure if I could be good I could still wear it - and if not - I will get another!

We did try once in Dec and by once I literally mean once! Got my period yesterday so the dissapointment was apparent for both of us, but hey, i'll be 36 tomorrow so its not going to happen that fast!

It did only take 2 attempts the first time so i'm hoping we will catch fairly soon, trouble is as a January baby I hate the idea of a Dec/Jan baby for the birthday side of things.

Anyway, going to start the FA tomorrow and get back into healthy eating and cutting back on alcohol - not totally until i'm pregnant though.

Be great to chat if anyone's trying this year!!!

Hi!

In the same boat here! Have a daughter who will be 4 in July. We've been waiting 'for the right time' (even though that doesn't exist!) and had our first month of trying in December after having the coil removed in November.

We gave it a good go.. But having done a test yesterday that was negative, feeling disappointed when really I shouldn't be.. It's only been 1 month!
Period due tomorrow or the day after - I'll wait and see what happens with that!

Would be great to share the journey to baby no2, too!

We have just started ttc No. 2 but my LO is 16 months old. I'm currently 6 dpo so will start testing from next Thursday.
It took 12 months of ttc last time so not holding much hope this time.

Even if you got pregant straight away, I imagine by March, you would only just begin to show and if the dress isn't right now, then I imagine you'd be fine.

Hi!

In the same boat here! Have a daughter who will be 4 in July. We've been waiting 'for the right time' (even though that doesn't exist!) and had our first month of trying in December after having the coil removed in November.

We gave it a good go.. But having done a test yesterday that was negative, feeling disappointed when really I shouldn't be.. It's only been 1 month!
Period due tomorrow or the day after - I'll wait and see what happens with that!

Would be great to share the journey to baby no2, too!

Never seems to be the right time - Someone once told me if you wait for it it will never come!
Did you know when you ovulated etc? Did you try much? Sorry don't answer if that's too private!

Maybe you tested too early? But yes, be great to chat x

We have just started ttc No. 2 but my LO is 16 months old. I'm currently 6 dpo so will start testing from next Thursday.
It took 12 months of ttc last time so not holding much hope this time.

Even if you got pregant straight away, I imagine by March, you would only just begin to show and if the dress isn't right now, then I imagine you'd be fine.

Hi!!
Nice to have some people to chat too! Afraid i'm not with the lingo so 6 dpo could mean anything to me but i'm guessing as you're close to resting it could mean days past ovulation?? Sorry if that's way wrong!!!

I think my issue with the dress is because of last time and how disgustingly I eat as soon as I got that positive! I piled on the pounds all through my own doing and then once the baby weight fell off I had over 3 stone to shift! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Yeas, it means days past ovulation.

I was the same, I thought I could eat whatever I wanted and put nearly 4 stone on. It took me 9 months to lose it (and it was such hard work) so I will never eat like that again. I thought that all the fat would disappear as baby came out.. Haha. I had a shock when I had a big belly still afterwards!

So my silly brain is doing its stupid thing again where it says if you don't start yet you will definately enjoy yourself more at your best friends hen do and wedding day!!

I spoke to hubby about it and he said i'm worrying for nothing, I know first time being pregnant as soon as I found out alcohol was never on my mind. I just hope I can enjoy myself and be lively without it and that also i'm not ill!!!

I wasn't poorly first time around, nothing bad happened until around 6-7 months when restless legs and water retention started, no sickness though, it could happen this time couldn't it!!

Hi Heather! Welcome!!

So we did it last night but I'm sure i'm not ovulating (yet) not until the 14th by my calculations, I did read once that sperm can live for up to 7 days inside but I imagine that decreases as you age (?)

Anyway, I've told hubby that we will give it a go in Jan - Do the best plus a little bit more than normal - but if it doesn't happen then i'm having Feb off - I really don't want to go to a hen do being 6 weeks pregnant and in that 'am I aren't I' stage whilst you wait for the 12 week scan.

I'm pretty sure at the age of 36 I aren't going to catch after 1 month of trying but if I do - I will feel amazingly blessed! And if I dont - I'm ready to party!!

How are we all feeling??? I'm feeling like i'm about to ovulate - I always thought I knew what the twinges felt like but I used a stick and apparently i'm not. What the pain is I don't know!

So glad I found this thread! I can relate to this a ton! (Especially the wedding part!)

In short, I am TTC my second child. I went through fertility last month and it did not take. With my daughter, it took two rounds of Clomid and the Ovidrel trigger shot. My daughter was an emergency c-section and I am unable to VBAC at my current hospital. My best friend asked me to be her matron of honor on Oct 10, and we figured that would be cutting it very close if we did fertility this month, so we decided to wait until March/April. His brother got married in August, another great friend of mine got married in December, my brother gets married in April, and we have friends getting married in June, and 2 in October. I AM A BRIDESMAID IN ALL OF THEM! We were just going to wait until March or April to try so I wasn't cutting it really close for a due date. I don't mind being pregnant in a wedding, just dont want to be ready to POP!

So, I didn't do fertility this month and today i realized that I may be ovulating on my own. I had EWCM this AM, enough that I noticed it before going to the restroom. I asked my husband if he wanted to go ahead and just try, and we are both a go. I figured with a repeat C section they would probably schedule for 39 weeks. Maybe 38 if my doc knew the circumstances :haha:

In all honesty I would be ecstatic if I were to conceive on my own! I feel like I should go for it! ahhh!! Crazy...AND we are going on a cruise Feb 9, so it makes the decision that much harder, as I would be a nervous nelly to be out of the country in the early early stages!

Either way, I CANT wait to try again!

Can I join too?

We're ttc number 2 ... af came today but this is now me coming off the pill.

My lo is just over 2 years and it feels like the right time. Although i think we'll stop ttc in March as to avoid a December baby.

I am hoping to change jobs though & am worried about losing my maternity package so money is a big thing on my mind at the minute. For my own mental wellbeing I need to get out of my role now & another possible year before maternity seems like a life time. I don't know what to do :-(

Xx

Im scared if we dont get pg this month then well get either a thanksgiving or another december baby.....which I dont want....but I dont know if I can wait a month or two out to avoid holiday bdays.....

I'm the same!!

Ours is a November baby so we said "oooo next time we'll think about trying to have a summer baby" but it never works out like that.

A month is so short, but feels so long!

Can I pop in? Just came back as well! Dd is 20 months and we decided no pill this month. I'm anxious to start trying. We will probably avoid March as well but since I have a spring baby I wouldn't mind one in the fall or winter :)

So glad I found this thread! I can relate to this a ton! (Especially the wedding part!)

In short, I am TTC my second child. I went through fertility last month and it did not take. With my daughter, it took two rounds of Clomid and the Ovidrel trigger shot. My daughter was an emergency c-section and I am unable to VBAC at my current hospital. My best friend asked me to be her matron of honor on Oct 10, and we figured that would be cutting it very close if we did fertility this month, so we decided to wait until March/April. His brother got married in August, another great friend of mine got married in December, my brother gets married in April, and we have friends getting married in June, and 2 in October. I AM A BRIDESMAID IN ALL OF THEM! We were just going to wait until March or April to try so I wasn't cutting it really close for a due date. I don't mind being pregnant in a wedding, just dont want to be ready to POP!

So, I didn't do fertility this month and today i realized that I may be ovulating on my own. I had EWCM this AM, enough that I noticed it before going to the restroom. I asked my husband if he wanted to go ahead and just try, and we are both a go. I figured with a repeat C section they would probably schedule for 39 weeks. Maybe 38 if my doc knew the circumstances :haha:

In all honesty I would be ecstatic if I were to conceive on my own! I feel like I should go for it! ahhh!! Crazy...AND we are going on a cruise Feb 9, so it makes the decision that much harder, as I would be a nervous nelly to be out of the country in the early early stages!

Either way, I CANT wait to try again!

HI!!!!

Nice to hear your story - Have you thought anymore??

xx

Can I join too?

We're ttc number 2 ... af came today but this is now me coming off the pill.

My lo is just over 2 years and it feels like the right time. Although i think we'll stop ttc in March as to avoid a December baby.

I am hoping to change jobs though & am worried about losing my maternity package so money is a big thing on my mind at the minute. For my own mental wellbeing I need to get out of my role now & another possible year before maternity seems like a life time. I don't know what to do :-(

Xx

HI!!!!

I know what you mean about the Dec baby - My Birthday is 4th Jan and I don't want to have a child's birthday around then if I can help it!!!

Sorry to hear about your job :(

So I should be ovulating in 2/3 days - I never really know, only go by how I 'feel' inside. Before DS was born I had no idea when it was happening but now some months I feel worse ovulating than my actual period!

Going to keep using the cheap sticks to see if I do ovulate this week just to see if my body is doing the right thing and that I can tell the signs for future months!

I will be honest, it's unlikely we will get pregnant by trying just for one month but will are realistic and know the chances.

Let's keep our fingers crossed ladies (and not our legs lol) xxx

So according the ovulation sticks I never even ovulated! Eith er that or they are rubbish or I did them the wrong time etc etc.

Carried on as normal anyway and def BD'd around when I thought I was ovulating so now its just the waiting game!

Period should be due early Feb/Late Jan so I will surely give in and test before hand.

How's everyone else??

Nearly gave in and tested this morning but that's silly, I'm at least 7 days away from the witch and It's too expensive to test early!

I do have 2 first response tests but it's too early i'm thinking. Anyway i've missed today's early morning test that I believe you take, going to try to hang on until mid-week If I can.

Anyone still there?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->