Bad news.. Blood hcg level. *Update from scan*

Morning Amy-x
How are you this morning?
you looking forward to next Saturday?

Ahh, glad the hcg results came back so positive! :happydance:

I would step away from the CB Digi's and wait until next Saturday as a benchmark. Those tests are great for reassurance when they show the expected result, but last thing you need is more stress and worry a couple of days before your next scan :hugs:

Morning, well its nearly afternoon. Oh is off work today so I've had a complete lazy day! And I am enjoying it too much! Lazy me! Yes I'm looking forward to it, although I know the main reason is checking on the cyst, as she said regarding the pregnancy they'd prefer to come back in 2 weeks, so maybe I will get another scan after the Saturday too. I'm not that worries about the cyst its just the pain its causing, but she's pretty certain there is no ectopic. As she seen the small sac in my uterus, and low chance of twins with that hcg and the fact they don't run in family anyway. I'm secretly hoping more could be seen in the sac, although probably unlikely as its only a week difference and I'd only just be around or pretty close to 6 weeks then. Anyone know wht may be seen then? How are you? I am going to step away from the digi until the Monday morning cos I'd kind of maybe know if my levels have risen or not, I mean if by next Saturday it still says 2-3 then I'd guess there was a problem as my level was nearly 1000 on Friday, so over a week mater should be over 2000 but I wouldn't have time to stress over it cos I'm going to the scan and at least then I can maybe set myself up for bad news, then if its positive then even better! :) I have no symptoms at all! It's a bit of a worry. I kind of feel like I want the sucky sicky feelings to start so I know things are progressing if that makes sense. X

Amy its usual for symptoms such as ms ect not to start until 6 weeks + and even at that they take time to be consistant , so don't worry xx

Ahh that's okay then, maybe I take back the part about wanting the sicky feeling to start. X

At six weeks I could see a blob with quite a big sac and a little flickering heart! This was through an internal scan mind, and a week previous to that all they could see was a sac.

I don't know my levels as I haven't had any bloods done yet. But I am 9.5 weeks pregnant. Had a private scan on 7 weeks 5 days for husbands birthday. The heart beat was super strong and I'm measuring exact!! I still get cramping now occasionally, don't worry about cramping! Mine was so bad early on, just have a warm hot water bottle (half cold water/half hot), I'm pretty much fine with it now. With a healthy baby growing nicely.

Your doctor was wrong to say that to you, being stressed can bring an mc on. Just relax and trust your body!! Xxx

I wasn't expecting to see anything at the scan so it had t panicked me, I just hope by the next one even though its just to check the cyst, I can see something more to do with sac, maybe heart beating? I don't know. All I remember with my little girl I was about 5ish weeks early scan and saw the sac with a fluttering heart. But I'm guessing I was just lucky that time around.

I have been wanting a hot water bottle so bad! When I moved I threw mine away I don't really know why, I just did and forgot to get another one since, looks like that what I'm gonna do tomorrow :)

As for the pains, I'm not too paranoid about them as the scanning lady told me most likely the pains I've been feeling are from the cyst. Xx

I had a scan last week at just under 6 weeks and there was a sac and a little blob with a flickering heartbeat :) got another Wednesday due to having 4 cysts on my left ovary xx

Oh Chloe do you know the cyst sizes of yours and what the plan is if they don't disperse themselves? Lady said we'd discuss at a future date if that's the case and was wondering if you knew what happens if they don't. Have yours been giving you pain? And ohh wow congratulations for seeing heart beat! How amazing for you! Hoping on Saturday I can see something! Xx

My cyst was 2cm-3cm. Got told not to worry and they will check it at 12 weeks to see if it's disappearing. The lady that scanned me said it's actually a good thing to have as it sustains pregnancy, as it releases hormones. (I haven't checked the accuracy of that, I can deal with cramps if my baby is ok). So happy to hear everything is looking good, should make a complaint to your doctor for causing you stress. It's wrong abd unnecessary xxx

Ohhh. I like the sound of it being a good thing. So that's made me happier. Thank you. Any idea why it is a good thing? X

huge congrats to amy.....

glad u breezy cool now and u could sit back and relax a lil now....

i kinda knew it from since u updated that digi when it went from 1-2 to 2-3 so that was good....

wow u ladies know your stuff ....the corpus luteal cyst is normal amy...i had it with first pregancy and it went away as well...

where i live in the caribbean now we are kinda developing country status and the tests i c your mentioning here i dont think they do it...
i have never had HCG levels dont..or test for down syndrome as one of the ladies mentioned

so very good support group on here...

so i gonna continue to stalk to c all the exciting updates from u amy and to continue to learn from the other ladies

Thank you, the ladies on here have been great! And obviously better than the doctor that I spoke to originally.

It has been what's felt like a bumpy ride already and I'm only about 5 weeks. It's been good news so far and I hope it continues.

Is there any reason the tests we have available here (I'm in the uk) are not available we're you are? I suppose though in some ways its less worry for a pregnant lady to be going through. I never had the hcg business mentioned to me at all with my first. So all I can guess is my first hcg blood test was okay? But to be honest I didn't even know it exsisted. I guess the less they tell you the better, the less to worry over. I'm not worried like I was the first week of finding out though, I'm more anxious that the good news continues for me. So wont be any major update until Saturday, but I will be sure to let you all all know on here. You have all been fantastic!!! I owe so much to you all, keeping me sane and less worried!

Thank you all!!

X

I'm 9.5 weeks and I haven't even had bloods done yet, we paid for a private scan at 7wk5d! So I don't understand the whole hcg thing...

If I remember correctly I think she said it was progesterone hormone that was released from the cyst which can sustain a pregnancy...

I have my next scan on the 30th September so i'll let you know if its disappeared or not. They said its normal so im not worried in the slightest about it. xxx

Oh Chloe do you know the cyst sizes of yours and what the plan is if they don't disperse themselves? Lady said we'd discuss at a future date if that's the case and was wondering if you knew what happens if they don't. Have yours been giving you pain? And ohh wow congratulations for seeing heart beat! How amazing for you! Hoping on Saturday I can see something! Xx

I'm not sure what the sizes are but she said not to worry so think I will know more on Wednesday xx

Amy I Just wanted to tell you that I had a scan today, I'm anywhere from 4wks6days to 5 weeks. We saw gestational sac and possibly a fetal pole. Doc said totally normal at this stage. Going back in two weeks and doc expects to see a heartbeat :)

Oh okay at least there is no worry of the cyst. I wasn't really too worried and I didn't want to 'google' to see all the horror stories. So mentioned it on here instead. Thanks for advise ladies :)

And ohhh that's great news seeing the sac and maybe fetal pole. I'm happy for you! I was 4+6 on the scan I think it said and it was the teensiest tiniest blob. 3mm x 4mm. I'm hoping it was just too early to see, which you ladies said it would be and doctor said the night before too, but don't help the little niggling thoughts though. Good luck at the next scans both of you! I will keep you up to date on Saturday. I just can't shake that feeling that something is wrong, I don't know why? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->