• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bailiffs

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
Argh so annoyed! Im basically paying offdebt, I paid it payday just gone but they're sending balifs to my house!! Rang the company up they told me basically it's out of there hands and have wacked £200 on! The girls at work told me to never pay a baliff, the company I rang told me I have to pay £30 weekly or balifs will come my door if I pay less!!!! What do I do I can't afford £30 each week!!!

Is it a government debt or credit card/loan debt? I'm pretty sure only government debts can enforce bailiffs and other debts can only send doorstep collectors who have no powers. They have to accept a reasonable repayment of what you can afford so if you can only afford say, £5 a week then they need to accept it. Speak with cccs or cab but sounds like they are trying to scare you into getting more money. x

forgot to mention - they usually need to get a court order to instruct bailiffs as well.

I think it's just scare tactics really. I'd get in touch with cab especially as you've made offers and they're refusing.

Really they cant refuse what u offer them. Just make sure u dont let them in and just ignore the door.

As pp said, depending on what the debt is for, it could just be doorstep collectors. I'm a debt collector in a call centre (I know, boo hiss lol) so I know a bit about it. If its a doorstep collector, they have to accept what you can afford and they can't take anything from your house etc.

I'd seek advice from cab but I'm pretty sure they can't refuse your offer hun xx

Thank you for all your reply! Its a debt from a train line I brought a ticket and got off the stop after the ticket was valid to& got fined, silly me refused to pay it as I thought it was unfair that it was only one stop I tired to get my point across & its just escalated!

But I think rejecting 30 pound a month n demanding it weekly is unfair!!! Exspesh as my hours at work have been cut I cant afford it! The lady on the phone said they dont take my income into consideration so I said u expect me to drop all my other bills just to get u off my doorstep?! Dont think so!!
is cccs the best debt company to contact??

Jesus what kind of a fine was it for them to hound you like this? Surely it's costing them more to get in contact etc than what the debt is actually worth?

Jesus what kind of a fine was it for them to hound you like this? Surely it's costing them more to get in contact etc than what the debt is actually worth?

Yep this is why they keep bunging charges onto it! 200 for the baliff visit! I feel like I shouldn't have to pay it! So angry!

A baliffcant charge 200 for a visit.

Its something like 40 the first visit and 20 second ti,me. That's it unless you let them in.

Threaten to report them if they try and put pressure on you.

Thats awful :-(
I can't understand how they can do this?
Can you not agree to pay the original amount if they agree to let the stupid charges go?
I agree with what others suggest in going to CAB.
Talk about a sledgehammer to crack a nut
xx

Isn't cab turn up and wait though?? Just thinking do any of you know a good debt sorting agency? Got aFew debts I need to sort! Defiantly going to go cab about these bullying pigs though!

I can't recommend CCCS enough - they've very recently changed their name to StepChange though so you'll track down a number pretty easily if you Google them. Good luck x

P.S. They're completely free too as they're a charity.

I can't recommend CCCS enough - they've very recently changed their name to StepChange though so you'll track down a number pretty easily if you Google them. Good luck x

P.S. They're completely free too as they're a charity.

Thanks so much hun xxx

Just don't let them in, and make sure you have no windows or back doors open because bailiffs are allowed to just walk/climb in that way.

They often try to trick you into letting the in "Ok, well can I just quickly use your phone to call my boss?"
Once their foot is over the threshold then they can come in whenever they turn up.

Speak to CAB, but i found being firm is the best tactic. I had the same row over a silly debt i had and they demanded 30 a month, i refused and said i would offer ten and if they were a legitimate company they would have to accept it. It took a good ten minutes of me repeating myself but they agreed.

xo

Just don't let them in, and make sure you have no windows or back doors open because bailiffs are allowed to just walk/climb in that way.

They often try to trick you into letting the in "Ok, well can I just quickly use your phone to call my boss?"
Once their foot is over the threshold then they can come in whenever they turn up.
No they are not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"