Bc/af

FutureMrs

Reaction score
Wanted to pick your ladies brain about something since you all seem knowledgeable in all things women's health! I am leaving for Mexico on April 27th, my period is also due on this day, we are going for our wedding so I realllly don't want AF at that time. Do you think if started BC say this week and took it until we got home it would keep AF away? Do you think that time frame could also mess up things on the TTC front? Not sure if it is worth the risk.

Yes, you can definitely start the next pack of your birth control without leaving a week for your withdrawal bleed. Some people do this every month and never get a "period" (even if it's not a real period). Depending on how your body responds, you might have a bit of break through bleeding as this some times happens when the uterine lining builds up but isn't shed, but it will likely be spotting rather than a period. It shouldn't have any impact on TTC. I personally wouldn't do it all the time (though there are people who do) because it is good for your uterine lining to shed regularly if you aren't pregnant, but definitely on occasion, it's perfectly fine. I would just carry on with that next pack until you finish it 3 weeks later rather than stopping when you get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->