Belly Flab Issues...

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
so it has come to my attention that i have some fat building up right below my bump, that is all jiggly and gross :sick:. I am thinking that sit ups or crunches of some sort may help and was wondering the following;

1) Have any of you experienced this excess fat below your bump?

2) Are you doing any sort of sit ups, or exercises to assist with this? If so, can you give me an example?

3) These jiggles....will they be there forever and is this a sign of lose skin postnatal belly?

I have pretty strong abdomonal muscles...like I can clench them an hold in my belly and such, but this kind of freaked me out. :blush:

:hug:

edit: I hate to sound ignorant...I know with pregnancy comes belly fat...I am just seeing if there were ways of assisting prenatal.

TBH i dont think sit ups and cruches are a good idea, they strain on your belly to much.
Maybe swimming would be a better option. Im sure there are more gentle exercises but i can think of any off the top of my head.
Your stomach does go back to normal(ish) after you've had the baby, though it can sometimes take a while for that baby flab to go, you just have to be sensible with diet and exercise.

i have the belly fat below my bump thats all juggly and gross, had it with my last pregnancy to lmao! im not sure if your supposed to do sit ups whilst pregnant hun, dont worry to much about it, you can sort it after the baby is born, or as enigma said swimming is a good exercise xxx

i've got a bit hun, i think its generally normal tbh, i think its probably water more than fat, i had it with rosie and my stomach went back flattish not the same as before i werent that lucky, but i soon got used to it and i've forgotten what it were like before now,
not sure we meant to do sittups while pregnant, wait till after baby's here after 6 weeks you can go for it
chin up
xxxx

You're not meant to do any exercise thats on your back :( it makes me sad cos i was doing 300 situps a day prior ahhh my tummy just went weird its rubbish fun. I started to jog but that made me throw up :lol: I would either try yoga, going to the gym and asking there or swimming.. i cant do any of them so i'm just walking and mucking out my horses. :hugs:

I'm sure I've read no situps during pregnancy. Wish I had some advice for you, but I've been jiggly since my last pregnancy!

Mine's on my back as well as my stomach - not impressed with it. Hate the back fat most. Grrrrrrrr! I'm hoping breast feeding will shift it (it uses up to 500 calories a day) and we'll be rushing round after our LOs and not getting much sleep so we might need the reserves (that's my excuse anyway)

:hugs: xxx

I've got this too! Thought I was just wierd shaped! lol I hate it and was hoping it would stretch out as my bump grew, but no such luck! No point worrying about it till after bubs is here though, I guess.
xx

Belly Flab? I think it's baby m'dear. You are gorgeous so embrace your Mommy curves! If you want to do ab work while pregnant, you can safely contract your abdominal muscles while sitting at your desk at work. It's entirely safe while pregnant and will help you prepare for all that pushing. Just contract and release your abs like your trying to reach your spine. Try and hold it for 5 seconds then release , pause- and go at it again. I'm lazy so I only do a few reps and omg I can feel it the next day. Love you hun!

Ditto to prohibiting sit-ups! Quite the opposite - you are supposed to be gentle with your abdmoinal muscles, sit up after turning on your side so as not to risk straining the muscles. I also agree with Beltane, just part of the baby bump and nothing to worry to about!

even if you did situps it would not help as ou cannot spot reduce. Extra fat can only be gotten rid of through overall body fat reduction - which is generally not recommended during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->