Bellys to Bumps

Love2bamummy

Reaction score
:hugs: We have decided to create Bellys to Bumps for all the overweight/obese ladies who are currently ttc. We want to encourage and support each other through the ups and downs of losing weight and most importantly trying to conceive that little bundle of we all would love to cuddle.

To start off, a couple of things about me....

My name is Heather, I'm 27 and live in Yorkshire with my husband. We have been ttc baby #1 since Jan 07. I have recently joined weight watchers after tipping the scales at 287lbs and have lost 3lbs in my first week (and nearly £6 for the privilege! Lol). I am looking forward to supporting you and getting to know you all better.

Please join in if you are in the same/similar position and we can all help each other.

Take care and keep ur legs in the air!! Xxx :hugs:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sarah and I am 21 years old. My DH and I have been TTC'ing since March 2008 (so 34 months now). In the beginning it seemed so simple, everyone around us was getting pregnant and having families and we wanted the same. It just seemed to be one stumbling block after another falling in our way.

When we started ttc'ing back in 2008, I was 135 pounds (9.6 stone / 61.2 kilo) and in great shape. So naturally I assumed it would be easy like everyone else ... boy was I wrong!

After not having a menstrual cycle for 9 months and having a huge battery of blood tests done we discovered that I suffer from Hypothyroidism and have been working since this time last year to get it under control. I was diagnosed this health issue after my periods started disappearing, and eventually stopped. This is when the weight starting becoming a problem as well. Within almost 3 years, I put on 75 pounds (5.3 stone / 34 kilo) and have been trying to no avail to lose it all again. Since the diagnosis of hypothyroidism and getting medication to get that problem under control I have been able to lose a total of 15 pounds (1.07 stone / 6.8 kilo). I maintain a regular healthy diet and walk 4-5 times a week (and recently started using Kinect to exercise as well).

Looking forward to meeting all you ladies, and hope that we can all share our stories to help one another achieve the blessings we all want and deserve!

Sarah xx

Hi girls

My name is Tracey and my lovely husband and I have been TTC for one year and one month. We are off to our first session with the fertility consultant on the 27th. So far there is no obvious reason why we aren't conceving (basic tests have been ok).

At the beginning of this journey I weighed 210 pounds but after a spinal fusion I have increased to 245. It was my first week of Weight Watchers this week and I have lost 5 pounds. The most I have ever lost in one week (I've tried many a diet over the years).

It does worry me that the fertility clinics info on their web sites say they will treat women with a max BMI of 30 when mine is 37. I only have 12 months until I am 40!

I just hope that the more I lose the better my chances are.
Hugs xx

Hi all, my name is Grace and I have been TTC #1 for 2 years. I am 36 years old and have always struggled with my weight. I am going to be counting calories and tracking calories burnt, (hubby & I like watching the biggest loser USA), once I recover from lap surgery :)
Very excited to be part of this group, as we all have at least 2 goals in common!

xxx

Ok my turn I guess!
HEY! I'm Brandi. I'm 31 and my DH and I have been TTC since May 07 with no luck what so ever. Currently I am 254lbs (18 stone/115 kilo)
Sadly, I have never seen a doctor to see if something is wrong with me aside from my weight, so I'm kind of blind in that department, but I really want to try to fix it on my own before paying someone to tell me something I already know (ie. Well Mrs whomever....you need to lose some weight first and then try) So anywho.
So far, all I'm really doing is just working out 3 times a week (walk/run) and just trying to stay motivated. Had been throwing around the idea of doing Weight Watchers online and see how that works, but I really don't know. I've seriously tried every fad diet out there....SO. I dunno
I just need the motivation and support really
Look forward to meeting and sharing with all you lovely ladies

Hi Brandi (BranDivah)

Thank you for joining us all. I'm doing Weight Watchers new pro points plan and am finding it really easy. Is the pro points running in the states now too? I find I'm never hungry yet seem to be eating loads and still losing weight which is fab. We're all here to give you as much friendship and support as you need.

Take care hun xx

Yay! Our shiny new home!

Hello everyone!

I'm Zoe,I'm 27 nearly 28. I live with my hubby in Leicestershire, we have been married for 2 1/2 years, but have been together for neary 12 years!
We started ntnp a few months before our wedding then properly ttc on our wedding night :cloud9:

We went to see the Dr in Dec 2009, had a SA done for hubby and bloods for me. Got our results in Feb 2010, and found out hubby has a low count, high abnormals and the biggest problem, the viscosity of his semen is to high, so they can't swim anywhere! Because of my BMI my Dr wouldnt even refer us, I was 16st 8lbs at that point (I'm 5'6) So i started back at ww, but kind of got lost in self pity, and so only lost 6lbs in about 4 months! Then I really started to get serious and loose weight properly. I still have a stone to loose befoe my BMI is below 30(well 1st 5lbs, christmas gain 5lbs!!:wacko:)

ANYWAY! we went back to the Drs in Dec 2010, my GP agreed to refer us, got our first Consultant appt on the 27th Dec, I've got to have a HSG (wednesday, Eek!) and hubby has to do another SA, then we go back on the 30th March to get the results, and be reffered to start treatment! So I have to loose the 19lbs by the 30th March!

Sorry for the HUGE essay :blush:, I can't wait to get to know you all, and make some great friends on this sometimes shitty journey!

xxx

I think i've worked out how to get the singature right.
There should be a bright rainbow down there!

:hugs: We have decided to create Bellys to Bumps for all the overweight/obese ladies who are currently ttc. We want to encourage and support each other through the ups and downs of losing weight and most importantly trying to conceive that little bundle of we all would love to cuddle.

To start off, a couple of things about me....

My name is Heather, I'm 27 and live in Yorkshire with my husband. We have been ttc baby #1 since Jan 07. I have recently joined weight watchers after tipping the scales at 287lbs and have lost 3lbs in my first week (and nearly £6 for the privilege! Lol). I am looking forward to supporting you and getting to know you all better.

Please join in if you are in the same/similar position and we can all help each other.

Take care and keep ur legs in the air!! Xxx :hugs:

Hello Everybody!! Room for me?
My names Ro,im 40!!!Arghhhh! Live in Northern Ireland. Im 5ft 3" and currently 14st 7lb!!!Heavy!! My BMI is around 36 i think?TTC since Sept 09,we lost a baby in Aug 09,and have been TTC since with no luck! After nagging my doctor forever she decided to put us forward to a FS,have had bloods done and nothing really has came up!
So my FS put me on 100mg Clomid to help egg quality for 6months and hopefully by then i will have my BFP!! If not im not sure whats next,as my age is a problem!!My FS did mention my weight and said you cud lose a few pounds,it will do u no harm!But my BMI wasnt a issue!"thankfully". Im going to start WW old plan tomorrow frm home and see how i get on for 2weeks,if im not gettin any results by then i will join the local class and the new PP plan!Im hearin great things about it!!
Love2bamummy i love the "keep the legs i the air" comment!! Thats how we conceived our little 2yr old Ben!!! It was a tip frm my mate!!It worked!!
Looking forward to our journey in great company
XXBabyC

Hey girls....!

Well, I am 23 my OH is 24 (25 next month!). We have been TTC since August and were NTNP from May. I have know issues as both my tubes are damaged and this was diagnosed from a Lap & Dye in May. I am getting my BMI down incase I need IVF.

Thats about it from me really. Don't want to babble on too much.

Currently weigh 14st 7 from 16st 10. Target is 13st 7 so only 1 stone more to go!!!

xxx

4magpies you have done brilliantly so far to have already lost over 2 stone. Any tips for us? Xx

Thanks honey.

Drink lots of water and just substitute things. like i used to have a biscuit or choc but now ill have fruit and i have totally cut bread out. I just eat pitas and wraps now.

Xxx

Hey Ladies,

I already did a write up about me above, but just wanted to say Welcome to Everyone Else!! :hi:

Best of Luck Ladies xx

Hi Ladies

This thread sounds perfick for me :happydance:

I'm 36, with PCOS, diabetes and been TTC for 10yrs. I live in Scotland where I will get 3 rounds of IVF on the NHS-the catch is, the BMI of course. I've always been er..........curvy..........I was always a size or 2 bigger than friends, but was healthy. Put on 7 stone, lost 5, put 3 of that back on. I managed to get Clomid privately last yr, got a BFP in July, but m/c 4 days later :cry: that was my 4th round of Clomid. My NHS GP said 2 weeks ago to drop 2 stone by easter and she will give me 3 months of Clomid (100mg). Lose 3 stone and my BMI will be 34.9 and will be on waiting list for IUI at Fertility Clinic.

Come on girls-lets put the stork on overtime this yr :yellow: This yr should be our yr. We can do it!

I'm doing the Slimming World Diet.

gosh you ladys have been busy love the new thread not sure how to get the rainbow im not that good at that stuff but ill have a go, thinking about wwpro it sounds good, xx
im 32 and have pcos and been trying this will be my 5th year of trying ;(( i have a bmi of 39 needs to be 35 for clomd last year got to 36.8 then told i had to lose more and all went back on so now trying to get back to losing, i'm on zenical and metformin now so fingers crossed for us all xxx

Hi Ladies,

Can I join in too, sooo excited about this group - it will be great to have support, it will help us all to get to our goal. I have just made my WW no point veggie soup for the week & sugar free Jelly's to keep me going. Weigh in on Wednesday, will keep ye posted.

Good luck for the week ahead xx

:thumbup: Hi again everybody, this is so cool :) Are we going to have a common day for a weekly weight-in?
xxx:hugs:

My name is Alliah I have pcos and was at my peak weight in december a whopping 260 lbs. I've really been eating healthier and exercising like mad to get down to at LEAST 185. My goal is 170 lbs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->