Bellys to Bumps

Thankyou! I'm not really sure what to expect, but assumed I propbably would be able to see some of what was going on? I have a bit of a fear of crying in public, its kind of oddly developed since this whole lttc!

Thanks zowiey and hello ladies. I've been told this is the thread for me and after reading I agree. What a fabulous article gingerroxi! I think it all depends on who you see, doesn't it? I saw the chief consultant of my local fertility clinic and he was so rude about my weight saying I wouldn't get any treatment if I have a BMI>30. I was on my own and ended up in floods of tears - a nurse had to comfort me, but I was so distressed by it all she showed me out the back way so I didn't have to pass the waiting room full of pregnant women! Last doctor I saw was lovely and congratulated me on my weight loss and prescribed me clomid (50mg, CD2-6). She was pregnant herself so I can't help but think she felt sorry for me, but who cares, I've got the drugs now :happydance:. Tried calling to get results of CD21 blood test but have to phone back later - fingers crossed I ovulated with clomid (I think I did).

Anyway, my goal is to get under 30 now so I can get any treatment I need at the clinic if clomid doesn't work and also to have a healthier pregnancy if/when it happens. I'm not following any plan, just trying to eat sensibly (did WW a few years ago and it just took over my life - not having that again). I know I'm overweight because I eat too much and exercise too little (no medical reasons luckily) so I'm just about to head off to the gym for a work out :neutral:.

I think it's a great idea to share our successes and be there for support. I'm just under 5'8" and weighed in at 14st 13.5lbs this morning. To get a BMI under 30 I need to lose another 21lbs - wish me luck [-o<!
xxx

Hello!! Nice to see you here! We will ALL be slim mummies eventually!! We're just taking the scenic route, that actually is rather crappy, but will be more than worth it in the end!

xxxx

Ladies! I need your advice,
I'm having a hsg on Wednesday, and am soooo nervous! I'm not too worried about the actual procedure, but I'm terrified of what they may find. Which is stupid, i know, because regardless, we have to have fertility treatment, but I'm so scared if they find something wrong, I may break down! Does anyone know if you get the results there and then, or will we get them when we see the consultant next?

Argh, I feel so sick thinking about it!

I had a HyCoSy which I think is a similar procedure. The doctor who did it confirmed there and then that all was ok with me so you should find out straight away. My letter recommended taking a paracetamol 30mins to 1hr before (it was a bit like a smear test so mild cramping pain after) and I took a thin sanny-pad with me as they provided a huge NHS one :haha:!
Best of luck!
xxx

I was in tears after my last gynae appointment.

Hoping my FS is better.

I've kinda done things an odd way round.

I have had alot of pain during my cycle and during BD after my MC so I went to the hosp and the refered me to gynae after a fight. Then I got my lap & convinced them to do a dye test whilst they were in there.

So I get help quicker cause of my known problems even though only TTC for 6 months.

There is a proper long write up of it on the first post of my journal in my sig if anyone wants too look?

xxx

:coffee:
Thanks Gingerroxi for that really interesting article! I read with a lot of interest. I hope that people's attitudes change, but I know that takes a while. There is no point regrets but I wish i'd known about the BMI requirements for all the treatments a year or two ago. I'd have made a start on the diet earlier! I want to lose the weight for me but I am worried about the time scale I have to achieve a BMI under 30 (3.5 stone). I will do what I can.

Zowiey, good luck with the test, I hope they give you some answers/results straight away so that you don't have to worry for long :hugs:

I just ate 4 caramel chocolates!!! feeling really quilty!! :(

Little ones? If so your allowed a treat honey.

I had half a twix last night.

xxx

Hey ladies, I tried calling the hospital for results of my CD21 blood test but they can't tell me over the phone :(. So am waiting to hear back from my GP surgery as they have to ask. I think I might have low levels of progesterone as I spotted (fresh red blood on the tissue - sorry if TMI) on the same day as my blood test - does anyone know if there is a link between the two? I've also seen people say it's ovulation bleeding, but I'm sure I ovulated about a week before because of ewcm (again, sorry if TMI). Do curvy girlies usually have low progesterone? Any advice would be appreciated - next appt at hospital/fertility clinic not until late next month.
xxx

I had 2 fingers over the weekend. A little of what you fancy does you good.....!

Is everyone still taking folic acid tablets? With ttc for so long I stopped taking them, maybe its time I started taking them again.

H xx

Oh bloody hell, I meant 2 fingers of a Kitkat! lol - sorry if that sounded rude! lol (how embarrassing!) xx

I had 2 fingers over the weekend. A little of what you fancy does you good.....!

Is everyone still taking folic acid tablets? With ttc for so long I stopped taking them, maybe its time I started taking them again.

H xx

Two fingers, eh :blush:?! I do love Kit Kats!

I've not stopped taking my folic acid since we started TTC. I've got multi-vits which include the recommended dose. I'm sure folic acid is one of those things that builds up in your body rather than being 'active' straight away so I'd get going again if I were you - you never know when it might happen :winkwink:.
xxx

Hey ladies, I tried calling the hospital for results of my CD21 blood test but they can't tell me over the phone :(. So am waiting to hear back from my GP surgery as they have to ask. I think I might have low levels of progesterone as I spotted (fresh red blood on the tissue - sorry if TMI) on the same day as my blood test - does anyone know if there is a link between the two? I've also seen people say it's ovulation bleeding, but I'm sure I ovulated about a week before because of ewcm (again, sorry if TMI). Do curvy girlies usually have low progesterone? Any advice would be appreciated - next appt at hospital/fertility clinic not until late next month.
xxx

Just had a telephone call from my GP surgery - they gave me the results I wanted to hear. Progesterone level was 95 (in whatever units it's measured) and is consistent with ovulating :happydance:! Thank you clomid! Now for round two - here's hoping for more success this time.

And I'm feeling really good now - loving being able to talk to you ladies about how I feel and what's going on; I feel like my stress levels have gone down drastically :). And I've been to the gym today and had two small apples as a snack (even though there is a huge bar of wholenut in the house!). Roll on the next weigh in with you! Let's get our weight down and show those doctors that we're serious!
xxx

I will Tarkwa, thanks hun xx

Why do gyms insist on having chocolate machines in the reception area? Surely that just defeats all the work you put in in the gym? x

Haha! Love2bamummy- 2 fingers!!:haha: that was so funny!

I'm a bit hit and miss with folic acid, but I am trying to take it more! I feel a bit similar to you, kind of seems pointless to me, but I suppose you never know what may happen!

Tarkwa, well done you! And yay for the cd21 tests!!

xxx

2 fingers love it!! I went for a walk so I dont feel too bad.

Great bloods Tarkwa.

Im still on my folic acid, going to see FS on Friday she is putting me on Vitiam D hopefully that helps.

I would take the folic acid. I did the same thing and stopped taking it but I did go back on it.

Congratulations Tarkwa on the bloods :D

I leave mine beside the kettle so I take them first thing with my tea in the mornings

Does anyone else want to eat loads when they are just getting their period? Thank goodness for the WW point tracker which is telling me I have used my points today and to stay away from the cupboards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->