Bellys to Bumps

Welcome Alliah.

Morning girls! My WI day is tuesday, are we all gonna have the same day or just update on our individual WI day?

I have my 1st FS appointment on Wed, bricking it!

xx

Welcome Alliah and Pinkie (love the hair it's fab!).

ha ha I was just chuckling to myself 4magpies, I thought you were in the Womens Institute, I've just realised you mean Weigh In don't you! lol. Think I must be getting baby brain early! lol.

My weigh in is tomorrow (Tues) I think just post when you go get weighed as long as you try to post one a week??

I'm actually looking forward to getting weighed tomorrow. I feel like I've had a good week again and am hoping for a loss. (hope I haven't just jinxed myself by saying that!).

Hope everyone is ok, love to you all xx

Sounds like a plan.

Aahahaha womens institute!! I get you! Hahaha.

We have same WI day!!

C'mon 4lbs!! I am on mega good girl eating for the next 2 days and lots of water!!!

I wasn't naughty at weekend. Stuck to plan. But had a few syns and I usually don't have any.

xxx

foxbabyhg3

you have done so well losing weight is so hard even harder when the doctors just say go and lose weight, i makes me so sad.

really hope we can all do this this year,
this site has really helped me so fingers crossed x

Hey all :hi:

Soooo chuffed this group was created. I think having the support here will make losing weight easier :)

Bit about me - Me and my OH are both 26 and have been together 4 years, engaged for 1 years and getting married in a year and half. I have PCOS and found out when i was in my teens as i have never had a regular periods so when we started TTC i knew it was going to be a struggle. We started TTC around 16 months ago. When i was first referred to the FS i was told i needed to get my BMI below 35 before they would give me Clomid. Back then i weighed 192lbs and have lost 18.5lbs so far. My next goal is to lose a further 10.5lbs to get my BMI under 30 incase we need to go down the IVF route and my overall goal is to lose another 37.5lbs to get my BMI into the Healthy range! A range it has never been in :happydance: Plus i really want to be a skinny bride lol

My diet of choice is Slimming World and i absolutely LOVE it :)

Good luck everyone xxx

Well done so far Lisa!

And I am sure you will get to be a skinny bride if you carry on like you are doing!!

Keep it up.

xxx

:hi:

I would love to join you.
Me and the OH have been ttc for 19 months now with no joy. I'm 29 (30 in May!!) and OH is 32 (33 in May). I was told to lose 4 stone (56 pounds) if I wanted to even be considerd for IVF,but due to illness I've managed to lose 24 pounds so far (almost 2 stone!) So I'm currently a UK size 18.

I'm currently waiting on an HSG test to check for blocked tubes and our initial tests at the FS were fine - infact OH has lots of:spermy: swimmers.

I'm tired of all my friends and collegues getting :bfp: and not me so I'm prepared to do anything to get my little :baby: Stewart!!

Hi Ladies,

Can I join in too, sooo excited about this group - it will be great to have support, it will help us all to get to our goal. I have just made my WW no point veggie soup for the week & sugar free Jelly's to keep me going. Weigh in on Wednesday, will keep ye posted.

Good luck for the week ahead xx

I am on WW online and don't know about the no point veggie soup. Can I be cheeky and ask for the recipe?

gosh you ladys have been busy love the new thread not sure how to get the rainbow im not that good at that stuff but ill have a go, thinking about wwpro it sounds good, xx
im 32 and have pcos and been trying this will be my 5th year of trying ;(( i have a bmi of 39 needs to be 35 for clomd last year got to 36.8 then told i had to lose more and all went back on so now trying to get back to losing, i'm on zenical and metformin now so fingers crossed for us all xxx

Do you know if the BMI of 35 for Chlomid is the same everywhere? I have my first FS appointment next week and my BMI is 37. I just know that they are going to moan at me about my weight :(

Welcome Alliah.

Morning girls! My WI day is tuesday, are we all gonna have the same day or just update on our individual WI day?

I have my 1st FS appointment on Wed, bricking it!

xx

:hugs: Good luck for your first appointment on Wednesday! Mine is next Thursday and am bricking it too! Let us know how you get on :hugs:

Having read people's experiences of weight and fertility treatment by the NHS I get so cross. You can't have Chlomid, until your BMI is under 35, you can't have IVF until it's under 30. It makes me terrified to go next week! Combine that with the age deadline of 40! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry, mini rant over :(

Having read people's experiences of weight and fertility treatment by the NHS I get so cross. You can't have Chlomid, until your BMI is under 35, you can't have IVF until it's under 30. It makes me terrified to go next week! Combine that with the age deadline of 40! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:hugs:

I am lucky one of the few things I seem to have on my side is my age.

My BMI is alot less than it was but I still know I am gonna get told off for it on Wed. :(

xxx

Hi Ladies,

Can I join in too, sooo excited about this group - it will be great to have support, it will help us all to get to our goal. I have just made my WW no point veggie soup for the week & sugar free Jelly's to keep me going. Weigh in on Wednesday, will keep ye posted.

Good luck for the week ahead xx

I am on WW online and don't know about the no point veggie soup. Can I be cheeky and ask for the recipe?

Me too! I'm getting into the Weight Watchers recipes at the moment, gives me something to do too! lol. I did the Spinach and Pepper Frittata last weeked, that was lovely!

:hugs:

I am lucky one of the few things I seem to have on my side is my age.

My BMI is alot less than it was but I still know I am gonna get told off for it on Wed. :(

I have to say, my GP was much more of a bitch about my bmi than the consultant! The consultant only mentioned my weight once, and that was to congratulate me on my weight loss! But I suppose all doctors are different, I'm convinced my GP hates "larger" People!

Good luck on wednesday 4 magpies!
xxx

I know how you feel :grr: but I found this article that may get our hopes up!:happydance:

IVF weight limit 'not justified'
Overweight and obese women have as much chance of having a baby through fertility treatment as normal weight women, a Scottish study suggests.

IVF treatment is no more expensive for most obese women, the report in the journal Human Reproduction added.

But women should be advised to lose weight because of the high risk of complications, the researchers said.

Most primary care trusts limit IVF to women with a body mass index under 30, which excludes women classed as obese.

“ It shows that age is a more important factor than weight ”
Dr Abha Maheshwari
The research, on 1,700 women who underwent their first cycle of IVF between 1997 and 2006 in Aberdeen, found 28% were overweight, 8% were obese and 5% had a BMI over 35 - classed as heavily obese.

No significant difference was found between groups in the proportion of women having a positive pregnancy test, ongoing pregnancy, and live birth.

And there was no difference in the cost of a live birth between normal weight women and women with a BMI up to 35.

But a higher proportion of women in the overweight or obese groups had a miscarriage.

And they needed higher doses of drugs used to stimulate the ovaries.

Age 'more important'

Study leader Dr Abha Maheshwari, clinical lecturer in reproductive medicine at the University of Aberdeen, said they had expected costs to be higher in overweight and obese women.

But the study showed patients should not be discriminated against because of their size, she said.

"It shows that age is a more important factor than weight.

"Everybody should be encouraged to lose weight, but treatment shouldn't be declined on weight alone."

She said women with a BMI over 35 should not be offered IVF until they had lost weight because of the particularly high risk of complications.

BMI SCALE

•Underweight: Less than 18.5
•Normal: 18.5 to 24.9
•Overweight: 25 to 29.9
•Obese: 30 or more BMI is calculated by dividing weight in kilograms by height in metres squared
The British Fertility Society agrees that no one with a BMI over 35 should get IVF, but says that for those with a BMI over 30, fertility treatment should be delayed until they have lost weight unless their age is against them.

Professor Adam Balen, an expert in reproductive medicine at Leeds Teaching Hospitals and author of the British Fertility Society guidelines, said these were put together on clinical grounds, not cost grounds.

"If you look at all the data, there is no doubt that obesity has a powerful effect on fertility but you can overcome it with fertility drugs.

"However, you still have a high risk of miscarriage and it is associated with maternal and foetal deaths."

Dr Virginia Beckett, a spokeswoman for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, said the study would get people talking but she would want to see bigger trials done before practice was changed.

"There is well-established data that over a BMI of 30 you have a much higher risk of complications."

-----------------------------------------------------

The article suggests that age is a bigger factor than your BMI. I just wish that my bloody doctor and FS would recognise that sometimes your weight isn't as much a factor as they'd like to think.

In saying that, I'm still losing weight to "play the game" as I say to my OH. If I need to lose another 28 pounds to get my baby then that's what I'll do!

Good luck with the appointment next week and try not to be to upset if they're not nice - I was :cry: at mine and trying to keep OH from slapping the nurse (who was more mean than the doctor and a bloody beanpole!)

:dust: and FX for you

Me too! I'm getting into the Weight Watchers recipes at the moment, gives me something to do too! lol. I did the Spinach and Pepper Frittata last weeked, that was lovely!

I did that last week, it was yummy! I made a peach crumble ww cake last night! It is quite nice, even if I do say so myself!

xxx

Yeah losing weight is a small price to pay to get my baby in my arms.

Thanks for the info though.

xx

Ladies! I need your advice,
I'm having a hsg on Wednesday, and am soooo nervous! I'm not too worried about the actual procedure, but I'm terrified of what they may find. Which is stupid, i know, because regardless, we have to have fertility treatment, but I'm so scared if they find something wrong, I may break down! Does anyone know if you get the results there and then, or will we get them when we see the consultant next?

Argh, I feel so sick thinking about it!

I don't know how the HSG's work but when i had my lap and dye i found out straight away hun xx

Also, hsg's can show blocked tubes because they can dilate with a hsg so even if it shows blocked they might not be. Best way to find out is a lap & dye.

I had a half arsed explanation after my lap & dye, that my left tube was damaged. Then I went to my follow up appointment and apparently they are both damaged, but I'm still not 100% sure. Hoping my FS will shed some light as my gynae was very f*cking useless and never saw the same one twice!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"