Best chocolate to use to cover a cake

sugar_puff

Reaction score
I have stupidly volunteered to make my mums 60th birthday cake next month and am after a bit of advice. Basically i want to make a chocolate fudge cake, covered in chocolate ganache.... not to worried about that part.... but... i then come up with the idea of wrapping the cake in chocolate and covering that in a chocolate transfer sheet... i then want to make white chocolate curls to cover the top and possibly some chocolate star shapes with more transfer sheets

I want the cake to look similar to the sides of this picture but using the red transfer, with the gold transfer on some sort of decoration on top.

so my questions are
has any one ever used these transfer sheets before? please tell me they are relatively straight forward as i've kind of got my heart set on it!

What chocolate do i need to use? Some sites just say melted chocolate others say to use wiltons candy melts or similar

If i use the candy melts or some form of cooking chocolate will it actually taste like chocolate? and can i use the same in the ganache?

I'm planning on practicing next week but don't want to have to buy and eat a ton of chocolate or cake!!

Attachments

• cake 1.jpg
    cake 1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 0
  • cake 2.jpg
    cake 2.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1
  • cake 3.jpg
    cake 3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online