Best teething gel in your opinions?

jellybean83

Reaction score
Well Charlie is in the full throws of teething and we usually use Calgel but its seeming pretty useless now

Aston and Parsons is neigh on imposable to get now ive got more chance of finding rocking horse shit than that stuff!

So what do you use on your Kiddies...let me in on the secret before i go insane:help:

I always get told the powders are better then the gels. I've used nelsons powder(I think thats wot its called) & it worked well. TBH I just use calpol, only thing to settle her xx

I alternate between calgel/nelsons teething powders/anebesol ::flower:

Anbesol Liquid!! AMAZING!!!! 8teeth and not battered an eyelid whilst using it!! xxx

We use bonjela and if required calpol - Earl will bring me the bonjela if he needs it now lol

Medijel

https://www.keypharm.com.au/products/medijel.php

I was gonna ask the same question as ive been recommended A&P too and aside from someone selling a packet on Amazon for a tenner its out of stock everywhere grrrrr!

Bonjela doesn't seem to doing much for my LO!!!!

Oh thank god we have answers!!

Aston and parsons have apparently gone under so there really hard to buy now...i asked the woman in boots last week if they had any and she just laughed!!

I used Anbesol before and it wasn't bad but now the teeth are breaking through it might work better,Im sending the hubby out to buy as many Teething products ash he can physically carry and im going to conduct my own experiment....Anything for some relief for him....and me!

Anbesol is brill, I think it's good because it soaks in quickly!

ive always been able to find ashton and parsons powder in boots and other pharmacys. its the only thing thats ever worked for zane and even now if hes feeling unwell or worked up the powder calms him down.

other then that we did use bonjela, or teething toys and cucumber helped. my mum swears by ice pops

Anbesol was way better than any gel for us. The gel just slides off before it has any effect. With anbesol, the anaesthetic effect is instant, and you only need to use a tiny amount so the bottle lasts ages.

If you want an alternative to A&P powders, try Nelson's "Teetha" teething granules. I found them easier to give to LO (sachets rather than paper wraps). Nelsons is a massive company, so you shouldn't have any problem finding them.

ashton and parsons powders are good and we also use bonjela :thumbup:

<3

ive been using bonjela gel and nelsons teetha granules, seem to work quite well.he also likes chewing on his teddy and blanket rather than a teething toy. if they seem in massive pain and nothing else works, id give them a bit of calpol.

Nelsons powders and the dentinox teething gel. I prefer the dentinox to the bonjela as you don't need to wait 3 hours before applying it again. x

Is anbesol liquid something you can pick up easily at most pharmacists? And how do you apply it? Sorry for hijacking the thread! x

I got mine in Boots, I'd imagine most pharmacists would have it :) You have to ask OTC for it.

To apply, you simply put your finger over the top of the bottle, up-end the bottle (to wet your finger) then immediately rub that finger over the sore area in the mouth. Can I say that it tastes pretty vile, but the anaesthetic effect is instant. And the taste fades pretty fast :)

I got mine in Boots, I'd imagine most pharmacists would have it :) You have to ask OTC for it.

To apply, you simply put your finger over the top of the bottle, up-end the bottle (to wet your finger) then immediately rub that finger over the sore area in the mouth. Can I say that it tastes pretty vile, but the anaesthetic effect is instant. And the taste fades pretty fast :)

It does taste horrid but I couldn't feel the tip of my Tongue after putting it on :haha:

I just got mine from lloyds chemist :)

anbesol definetly have you tried the stuff its great lol totally numbed my mouth haha and boots online do ashton and parsons powers, we are lucky they do it in the shop near us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->