Best time for 4d scans .. ?

Yellow IVF Rainbow Baby
Reaction score
Originally I was thinking 30 weeks since I'll be near 21 weeks at my next one ....

Any advice .. :D

I'm having mine at 29 weeks. The reason I went for then was purely incase they can't get clear images and I have to go back, as most places do allow you back if they don't get good images. If I have to go back then I'll have enough time for another appointment before it's too late and she's too big. My friend had hers last week at 28 weeks and she's got an amazing dvd! x

Our private ultrasound place won't do them until 28 weeks :)

I'm having mine tomorrow :happydance: when I will be 26+4 The place that does ours suggests that 26-28 weeks is ideal but I expect they all have different guidelines x

I'm having mine tomorrow :happydance: when I will be 26+4 The place that does ours suggests that 26-28 weeks is ideal but I expect they all have different guidelines x

Oooh I have mine tomorrow! I will be 25+6.... where are you getting it done? x

I was told between 16-18 weeks by baBYBOND AS BABY'S FEATURES ARE FULLY DEVELOPED, BUT IF YOU WAIT MUCH LONGER BABY IS A LOT BIGGER SO PICS AREN'T AS GOOD?!

I was told between 16-18 weeks by baBYBOND AS BABY'S FEATURES ARE FULLY DEVELOPED, BUT IF YOU WAIT MUCH LONGER BABY IS A LOT BIGGER SO PICS AREN'T AS GOOD?!

Sorry about the caps :)

I'm having mine done by 4D Baby which is a local company near us. 30 min
2D/4D scan and DVD... very excited and hoping she is as active as normal so we get some decent pics. Looks like all companies reccommend different dates etc. I am going with what they say cause then they will offer a free re-scan if they cant get good pics etc... good luck with yours, looking forward to seeing pics if you post them up.

I'm having mine done by 4D Baby which is a local company near us. 30 min
2D/4D scan and DVD... very excited and hoping she is as active as normal so we get some decent pics. Looks like all companies reccommend different dates etc. I am going with what they say cause then they will offer a free re-scan if they cant get good pics etc... good luck with yours, looking forward to seeing pics if you post them up.

Ahh its so exciting! I am having mine at Baby Premier, and they also say if the scan is no good they will do a re-scan. Having it at 3.20 which is a good time, he is normally very squiggly about that time of day!

Oh yes I will def be putting pics up! Look forward to seeing your too! x

i had one done last pregnancy at 26 weeks, it was amazing.
i got a free re-scan at 28 weeks as Harrie wasnt cooperating at the first one (little did i know this was only to get worse lol)

both times were fab, fully developed and was lovely to see. I think a lot of places reccommend between 26 and 32 weeks.

where abouts are you??

I was told that the ideal time, if you are only going for one scan, is 28 weeks. The baby has more fat to it so it looks like a Baby. Anything past 30 the baby is so big that its hard to get a full shot of the baby. I went this week for a 2D one at a 3d/4d place and she did show us several 3d ones, the baby was really too small for 3d and really hard to figure out.
They suggest if you want to go for 2 sessions than 22 weeks and 28 weeks are Perfect timing!!

I was 27+5 with my son - amazing, the best scan I've ever had.

28+3 with my daughter - good image if she was in the right position :dohh: went back at 29+6 and it was awful :( she'd gotten too big

27+5 and 28+3
Alex and Daisy.jpg

My tech told me between 28-30 weeks is the best time because before that they might not be able to get good face shots, and after 30weeks the baby might be too big to get good shots- I think we will schedule mine at 29 weeks or so :)

I was 27+5 with my son - amazing, the best scan I've ever had.

28+3 with my daughter - good image if she was in the right position :dohh: went back at 29+6 and it was awful :( she'd gotten too big

27+5 and 28+3
View attachment 215361

Oh they are so clear! Beautiful pictures xx

My private ultrasound place only do them between 28 and 34 weeks. :)
So Ill be getting mine around 28 weeks.

Thanks for your replys ladies!

I'm in Liverpool and thinking Babybond but not gona look into places until I've had my 20 week on Tues :D

I'll probably go around 27-28 weeks then ... seems the general consensus :D

Well, we had the scan yesterday..... it was amazing! We were waiting for quite a while, but they gave us the full package because we had to wait for about 40 mins which was extremely kind of them.

At first baby didnt want to be seen, he kept putting his arms and hands in front of his face, so we had to go for a little walk and eat some chocolate and have a fizzy drink then go back to try again. :haha:

Second time was much better, although he was resting one side of his face against the side of the womb and refused to budge! (despite several probs from me and many position changes!) he must have been too comfy! :shrug:

But it was fantastic, he DEF looks like OH and has a cute little nose and at one point looked like he was chatting away!

Sooo worth the money and def recommend to anyone!

Hope you like the pics, me and OH havent been able to stop looking at them!
:cloud9:

xx

Attachments

• BP PICS_8.jpg
    BP PICS_8.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 4
  • BP PICS_5.jpg
    BP PICS_5.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
  • BP PICS_6.jpg
    BP PICS_6.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 3