punkymom

Reaction score
Hi all!

here are my betas
august 1- 42
august 4 - 87
august 6 - 256
august 12 - 1023

Yesterday I was just 5 weeks and there was nothing on the vaginal ultrasound.

Could it be that the beta is too low still to pick up on anything.
Maybe next week we will see a sac and baby and heartbeat?

The doc I saw said to not have hope.
She basically told us to give up. :cry:

Punky! I nearly jump out of my seat when I saw your post! Congrats to you :) 5 weeks is really early...they really shouldn't have even done a scan. I went at 6+2 (abdominal 2d) and they couldn't make anything out. Something was there but it was too hard to measure or make out exactly what it was and there was no heartbeat. I'm now waiting for a rescan and hoping all is well. If you can, get a scan around 7 weeks and things should be clearer.

Thank you!
I am so upset I can't take it.

They told me to give up hope and expect the worse.
They said I am probably EP or will miscarry.

Do you think at 5 weeks with a beta H C G number of 1023 it might have been too soon? I mean is there any hope for me and this baby?

I definitely think it is too soon! I can't believe the doctor said that to you! A doctor should never tell a patient this early on that there's no hope....I think they need a good talking to from a superior! Next week you should see more....but still possibly no heartbeat, although it may be possible!

I'll be praying for you :)

Thank you. Everyone keeps saying "you should have seen SOMETHING at 5 weeks". I am devastated and confused...just gutted.

I can't figure out why the doctor would even order a scan at 5 weeks with hcg of 1000?! Weird!!!! Fwiw at 6w3d with hcg of almost 40,000 I had a gestational sac but no yolk sac or fetal pole. (My doctor was doom and gloom then, but I'm 18 weeks now.) I can't imagine I had anything at all to see on an ultrasound at 5 weeks/1000....good luck!

I am 4 weeks pregnant they could nt find anything bt a questionable double ring in the uterus.
The OB told me there are 50-50 chances it could be too early or could be the embryo never grown inside.
Could nt understand why they seemed to be negative so early my beta in 3 .2 weeks was above 600.

want to change doc bcz her words are too much demoralizing and making me more depressed and sad all the time.
Any advice or experience would be highly appreciable.

Thank you LoveInshallah!

They thought I was 6 weeks but I have long irregular cycles.
I was 5+1 yesterday and with a beta of 1023.

I thought they couldn't see anything until beta went to 1800+???

Your hcg doubling rate is 72 hours, which is in range (hcg below 1200- normal doubling rate is 31-72 hours)
Gestational sac usually isn't visible until hcg reaches about 2500, somewhere in the 5th week, sometimes not until 6th week.

So it seems like you're in the 'normal' range. Good luck with next scan and congrats on your pregnancy.

Thank you Scout!
Do you think it was just too early?

I am so upset now.

Is it possible you are not 5+2 and infact earlier? This may explain why a sac was not visable. A sac can be seen at 1100 apparently x

Thank you!

My levels were only 1023 so I am praying it was just too early.

Has this happened to anyone? And turned out okay?

With my dd2 i found out super early but was having bad pains so was sent for scan nothing there expect lining was slightly thick, cant remember exact beta numbers but was around 1100-1200ish, was told that either was really early or pregnancy wouldn't develop and that was that basically, i then went back to my gp as was devastated by this, she did bloods again 2 days later which obv increased and then had a scan either 4-5 days later and saw sac, i think you have being scanned to early and i know the waiting is horrid, sending lots of hugs hun xxx

Thank you so much for the hope!

Do you know how far along you were?

I feel hopeful because your levels were like mine when you didn't see anything. Hopefully I will have the same story! ������❤️��❤️

With DD1, I had levels of 8,000 and they couldn't see anything at 5+1 she is now 2 and a half :)

Thank you so much for the reassurance! <3

I pray this child stays with me!

I would be amazed if you did see anything! You're very early on in your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->