Beth30* 2.7 HCG Last Thursday*Results are in for HCG

I feel like it is more kind to women to be honest about it and still be sympathetic and understanding than to give them false hope and let them crash harder in the end. She was confused by what was going on and there was simply a suggestion as to what it could be. Nobody wants to have bad news, and nobody wants anything but the best for Beth, but because they care maybe they felt like the kinder thing to do would be to give a possible explanation so that if it turned out to be the case (God forbid) it wouldn't come as such a shock. It can just be very upsetting to see woman after woman encourage someone that everything is perfect, or they have a for sure positive test, and they get their hopes up becuase everyone seems to share the same positive opinion. Then if bad news comes later, they are more heartbroken because everyone had them convinced there was nothing wrong. Again, I'm not saying that there is something wrong for Beth, it could go the completely oppostie direction and I hope it does. It's just always better to be honest :flower:

This is exactly my view. It's like you pulled hat from my head. Thanks again and goodluck Beth xxx

awww hunnie, i really hope there just cocked up and written 4 down instead of 14 or 40... This is the only sort of rational explanation that i can think of!... And yes im giving Hope and support to Beth!!! anyone who doesnt like that, then TOUGH!!! we are all here for support and in most cases some need it a whole lot more than others!

Im glad your doctor has finally been told and is in contact with you! and i really hope he does another set of bloods or anything else that can ease your mind that everything is well!!!

I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding, but I have a feeling that this post is directed towards Kitty and myself. Neither one of us suggested that nobody should support Beth, that was NEVER said in any one of our posts. We encourage supporting the women on here, that's why most of us come on this site. There is a difference between being supportive in an honest way and giving false hope. Not that youre giving false hope, because that would be awesome if it were a lab error, I'm sure that's what each one of us is hoping for. But there is no need to be rude and accusing when those words were put in our mouths. Nobody mentioned not supporting Beth, that would be selfish and inconsiderate.

Might I also add... that this site is beautiful because it has SO many different kinds of personalities... the girls who make jokes at the wrong times or who can laugh at their fertility or the lack there of or the ups and downs of this journey... the girls who are so hopeful they are on every single post saying they see a line when chances are there isnt one... the girls who never see a line so when she says she does we get REALLY excited... and MAYBE there can be room to appreciate the girls who are realists too! Or like me, sees things scientifically and might at times be able to REALLY help because of my knowledge and expertise... we dont all have to be the same person and we dont all have to show love the same way... and we REALLY dont need to attack eachother and be rude.

I dont find telling a lovely women who knows all too well first hand of the sad side of pregnancy, who is going through Hell!!!

That it maybe happening allover again... Do you hoenstly not think that has come across her mind??? do you not think she has prepared herself for the worst???

she doesnt need to be told! abit of support and comforting a person while going through hell helps alot... Im not saying anymore on this subject, i refuse to clog up beths thread with all of this sillyness

I feel like it is more kind to women to be honest about it and still be sympathetic and understanding than to give them false hope and let them crash harder in the end. She was confused by what was going on and there was simply a suggestion as to what it could be. Nobody wants to have bad news, and nobody wants anything but the best for Beth, but because they care maybe they felt like the kinder thing to do would be to give a possible explanation so that if it turned out to be the case (God forbid) it wouldn't come as such a shock. It can just be very upsetting to see woman after woman encourage someone that everything is perfect, or they have a for sure positive test, and they get their hopes up becuase everyone seems to share the same positive opinion. Then if bad news comes later, they are more heartbroken because everyone had them convinced there was nothing wrong. Again, I'm not saying that there is something wrong for Beth, it could go the completely oppostie direction and I hope it does. It's just always better to be honest :flower:

Couldn't have said it better myself :thumbup:

Well, I'm glad that we can all agree on being supportive of Beth. I know she appreciates all the support she can get, no matter what form it comes in. Keeping my fingers crossed for some good news from you Beth and I hope for the best :)

Sorry for the news beth :( hope u get answers soon...

I just want to add I hate how when someone has a different opinion how some just go on attack towards that person.... its actually pretty off coming. I think different opinions are great and should be encouraged no matter how much someone may not like them. If someone is just being plain right bitchy and rude thats another story. This ttc journey is hard enough, definitely don't need a bunch of arguing on what someone said if its right or wrong or whatever on a personal thread....also ttc _ob probably has more insight to these labs than most of us since she is an ob.....

Good luck beth and we all will be praying for you!

No update... Doctor never called. Its after 7pm so I doubt he will. No period still.

Stop arguing. I'm a big girl I am well aware of all the bad things that could happen. Been there before. I do like positivity, not singling anyone out, I love all of the support.

The problem I am having is wrapping my head around the BFP on a 25mlu test with and HCG of only 4...... how is that possible?

No update... Doctor never called. Its after 7pm so I doubt he will. No period still.

Stop arguing. I'm a big girl I am well aware of all the bad things that could happen. Been there before. I do like positivity, not singling anyone out, I love all of the support.

The problem I am having is wrapping my head around the BFP on a 25mlu test with and HCG of only 4...... how is that possible?

I hate it when Dr's do that! Which one is the 25 miu test hun? And when did you take it? Can you give me a bit of a progression of events... I am a Dr and I might be able to help you make some sense... When was your period due and have you had any spotting or cramps?

I had the same thing happen! I had a few positive FRER's so I went in for a blood test and they told me my level was 11 so I would have to come back in 2 days for another test. I did a FRER at home just before i went in and still had a positive, and when I got there, their blood test showed a level of only 4miu. Unfortunately I caught it rise slightly and then fall :( But that doesn't mean it's the same for you! Sorry didn't mean to make it sound bad. I really hope they just messed up the numbers on your test :)

Hey Beth! i really hope ur ok, this must be so confusing for you. Im super confused for you. Things just dont make any sense. Have you tested tonight? Just wondering if the lines are getting darker or lighter now?

Loads of love xx

Is there anyway you can get your blood drawn somewhere else? Just to get a 2nd opinion?

Pcake-no, that test was only cropped.

TTC-OB, I've been pregnant alot, and I know, so first I had a bit of the feeling, then I had cramping then I had more symptoms.... Faint faint HPT bfp around thursday(HCG=2.39)THEN I had pinkish brownish discharge (not alot) on saturday(10/15) no more after that. More positive hpt's, Monday negative doctor's urine test twice, HCG=4.0.... more positive home tests...... Nausea, vomiting, sore boobs, constipation... the whole shebang. Missed period.... should have started sunday evening, I always start during my night's sleep.... no sign...

Just talked to my doctor,(I had to hunt him down, he was on call at the hospital) he says to wait a couple of weeks to see if I get my period.. and that hpt's can give false results... but let me go through my thread and count all of my false positives, and then let me go through my desk and count all of the ones that i didn't post...

Okay never mind about counting the test, because there are toooo many!!! more than 20 BFP.

This is the same test posted above only tweaked... see the difference??
DSC_0613_phixr.jpg

Aw Beth! Sorry I've been away so long, too heartbroken to be of any help on here! I'm so sorry there's so much confusion for you. I do hope that things turn out POSITIVELY for you! I'll be stalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->