• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beware of buying an Ergo from ebay

Would be interested in knowing the postal address is someone can PM it to me, as i live in Derby, would be interesting to see where this scam was happening from!

Kirsty x

Hello again girls, I've been away for a few days and come back to find more people getting fakes from ebay. I will compile a list of all sellers to have sold confirmed fakes if everyone can PM me all the info (again for some of you as I haven't kept my old pm's).

Please state, your seller (plus any previous ebay names), their ebay registered address (if a business seller which they should be), the address you have been asked to return it to (mine were different), date of purchase, date of refund, type of ergo and colour, plus anything else you think relevant.

I will create a spreadsheet and forward it to trading standards.

Hopefully if we compile enough info we can at least get ebay to stop listing them. I know with certain things the listing has to be confirmed before going live so if ergo's could be added to this it would be a start.

Do you still want details of sellers that appeared to be genuine, not knowing they were selling fakes?

I'll take details of all the sellers that had fakes whether or not they 'knew' they were selling fakes.

I have to say I don't believe they don't know they are fake, but I'm suspicious by nature.

Some sellers claim they don't know yet hide their feedback and change username every month.

This is a point, my sellers feedback was all private and shared the same listing pic as another seller on one of her auctions

Thanks Mrs Mayhem for the info, even though we both bought from different sellers (yours 2 months later than mine) the return address for the carriers is the same. I can't wait to get everyone elses details and see how many accounts this address has.

Thanks Mrs Mayhem for the info, even though we both bought from different sellers (yours 2 months later than mine) the return address for the carriers is the same. I can't wait to get everyone elses details and see how many accounts this address has.

Hmmm, very interesting!!! I'll get that email addy to you as well in the morning, DH isn't home from work until the small hours!!

Now I have started digging around ebay it seems the info contradicts itself left right and centre for the one I bought and the seller Mrs Mayhem used (same return addy).

Arcanegirl, your seller should clearly be listed as a business seller but wasn't/isn't.

I want more names from you, I'm quite enjoying this.

3 different sellers with the same return address now, I wonder how many more are all the same seller hiding under different names?

I am watching this thread and hoping that mine is real, I hope to get it tomorrow, so will let you know when it has been inspected by me thouroughly!

Jellybean can you pm me the link you bought your from please at least if it is real we can recommend a seller.

ohhh im curious, which members have got the same addy for the returns?

Myself, Mrs Mayhem, wannabewillow and Janidog - 3 separate ebay seller names between us.

Is watchdog still on the tv? They might be interested in the info you've compiled. It really is time ebay sorted itself out and actually did something about all the fakes sold through it's site. Fake uggs is one thing but a baby carrier that could potentially be dangerous is totally out of order

Mine's REAL!! Woop Woop seller is

mrsleung619

Oh, hubby just looked on ebay and we got it from lovenewborn....... am guessing I've been duped??

Hi there :hugs: Ebay states that you have 45 days from date of purchase to dispute them. I'd contact the seller straight away, then go to Ebay's resolution centre and start proceedings. Sorry this has happened to you too, it seems there's a small bunch of us who've been duped. Hopefully if loads of us complain, ebay should sit up and take notice!

Good luck getting a refund honey :hugs:
Joanne x

Thanks hun! Hubby has just looked and we bought it on 6th March so are within that time, have contacted the seller and we're off to the resolution centre now! am gutted! but am also so glad that I haven't taken Holly any further than the local park once in it, I dread to think....... xx

:hugs: sorry, lovenewborn was our seller too (there are a couple of us on here)... however, we have just received our refund back so good luck with everything. Take lots of pictures of it before sending it back so you have proof that it was counterfeit. Lovenewborn will be shocked!! but who knows whether they sold them knowingly or not...x

Ah damn, have sent it back already, didn't think to take pics..... the email we got back from them just said send it back blah blah blah, it didn't sound like s/he was shocked/surprised etc, I honestly believe that they know what they are doing. Luckily we hadn't left feedback as yet so once the refund is in our account I will leave negative feedback. I know their feedback is set to private but they have 100% positive so far which certainly helped to fool me!
I'm disgusted that people would do this, putting babies lives in danger!

I left them positive feedback :( I did it as soon as I got it (quickly) and before I had tried it out or looked at it properly.... they want to cancel the transaction now on ebay (assuming to get fees back....) but I want my return postage so I'm putting off responding for a while...

Its just awful isn't it! DH just told me that because they are refunding we can't leave negative feedback. Its crazy! My mum reckons that we should inform the police, but DH works for the police and said because they are refunding there would be no case and it is more a trading standards thing. Its mad how someone who is ripping off people seems to have all these rights and protection.....

You can (and should) still leave neg feedback even if you get a refund..and if you give them all 1's in the stars too that will knock their account too..x

I've been avoiding my chores tonight (no change there :blush: ) and been contacting ebay members who have bought cheap ergo's from one seller and asking them to check for serial numbers. I will keep reporting suspected fakes on ebay every day if i have to. I doubt it will make a difference though, ebay are more concerned about their fees than safety :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->