• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beware of buying an Ergo from ebay

I've been avoiding my chores tonight (no change there :blush: ) and been contacting ebay members who have bought cheap ergo's from one seller and asking them to check for serial numbers. I will keep reporting suspected fakes on ebay every day if i have to. I doubt it will make a difference though, ebay are more concerned about their fees than safety :(

We rent out bicycle wheels which have built in powermeters, and a client had his stolen and there is was on ebay, but ebay did nothing, so police were contacted and they were brilliant, the seller was caught with our wheel and loads of expensive bikes that had been stolen to order

Hi all, I've just joined coz I saw this thread and had to see the pictures of the fake Ergo. I bought one last week which arrived today and having read all the info on here I realise it's a fake. I'm really annoyed that there are people out there who are willing to put babies at risk to make a fast buck. It makes me sick! Anyway, I bought mine from a seller called lisajohn11 and the return address is 11 theatre walk DE12NG. Is that the same as anyone else? I'm going to ask for a refund now and complain to eBay. I've also told Ergo about it hoping they'll complain to eBay too! Thanks for this thread... I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been duped!

Just to let you know.....I've just sent this story in to The One Show for Dom Littlewood to investigate! Maybe they'll take it up and then less mums will unknowingly compromise their babies' safety!

Thats the same address as a few of us were given, but again, a different seller name!
Drop a pm to tiggercats, she is getting all the info together! and definitely get your money back.
It really pisses me off that this person is getting away with this!

we had the same return address but different name as you superbeelo...its kinda obvious now they are selling with full knowledge they are fakes. I actually wonder if they are reselling the ones others have sent back... as we've sent ours back & got refund

agree with mrs mayhem, send all your info to tiggercats :)

Hi all, I've just joined coz I saw this thread and had to see the pictures of the fake Ergo. I bought one last week which arrived today and having read all the info on here I realise it's a fake. I'm really annoyed that there are people out there who are willing to put babies at risk to make a fast buck. It makes me sick! Anyway, I bought mine from a seller called lisajohn11 and the return address is 11 theatre walk DE12NG. Is that the same as anyone else? I'm going to ask for a refund now and complain to eBay. I've also told Ergo about it hoping they'll complain to eBay too! Thanks for this thread... I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been duped!

Hi honey. I bought mine from lovenewborn with the same return address. Glad you got to send it back! X

Im gutted. I ordered an Ergo from ebay yesterday and have only now started doing research. It must be fake. The guy is selling loads, they go fairly cheap, have no reserve. I'm so upset as I don't have much money but really need this for a much needed break I'm having with my sister.

I paid for it on Paypal yesterday and have already emailed the seller to assure me that it's genuine and asked for my money back if it's not. I doubt he'll be willing to give it to me. I don't know whether to threaten Trading Standards and negative feedback if it turns out to be fake (which I'm sure it will) and then he might be more inclined to refund the money.

I just want to go and buy a full priced one now. LO's safety is so much more important.

The sellers name is Gary something. Anyone have experience of him. I have a friend who used to be quite senior at ebay and I've just emailed him. This is a copy of what he said....

So check it out when you get it and then if not happy

1. Get the seller's contact details
2. Call (don't email) and discuss. You have a right to return/complain
3. If still not satisfied, you can chargeback if you paid by PayPal
4. Read the following: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

But doesn't sound like ebay have been that helpful. Grrrrrrr

My friend that worked at ebay has sent me this link for getting phone numbers for sellers. Apparently, if they don't provide one or provide a number that is fake (like their dodgy items), then it's an offence and they can be removed. I know removing them won't stop them selling as they'll just start up again but it will stump them a bit.

Have a go with the sellers you used and report them if you don't get a working number.

https://shop.ebay.co.uk/ebayadvsearch/_W0QQ_sofindtypeZ9?_adv=1&tokenstring=jFyWBwYAAAA=

Im gutted. I ordered an Ergo from ebay yesterday and have only now started doing research. It must be fake. The guy is selling loads, they go fairly cheap, have no reserve. I'm so upset as I don't have much money but really need this for a much needed break I'm having with my sister.

I paid for it on Paypal yesterday and have already emailed the seller to assure me that it's genuine and asked for my money back if it's not. I doubt he'll be willing to give it to me. I don't know whether to threaten Trading Standards and negative feedback if it turns out to be fake (which I'm sure it will) and then he might be more inclined to refund the money.

I just want to go and buy a full priced one now. LO's safety is so much more important.

The sellers name is Gary something. Anyone have experience of him. I have a friend who used to be quite senior at ebay and I've just emailed him. This is a copy of what he said....

So check it out when you get it and then if not happy

1. Get the seller's contact details
2. Call (don't email) and discuss. You have a right to return/complain
3. If still not satisfied, you can chargeback if you paid by PayPal
4. Read the following: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

But doesn't sound like ebay have been that helpful. Grrrrrrr

Those of us that have complained and sent the Ergos back, have all received our money back so you will have not problem getting a refund - I got mine even though it was way out of the 45day return policy

Thanks. Did you all complain to the seller or to eBay. I just phoned the seller after requesting his number on ebay. It wasn't 'gary' but a woman who said Gary was at work. I explained I thought the item was fake and I didn't want it. She didn't dispute this and said I should just send it back and I'd get a refund. But until I see the money I'll be stressing. Fingers crossed.

Thanks. Did you all complain to the seller or to eBay. I just phoned the seller after requesting his number on ebay. It wasn't 'gary' but a woman who said Gary was at work. I explained I thought the item was fake and I didn't want it. She didn't dispute this and said I should just send it back and I'd get a refund. But until I see the money I'll be stressing. Fingers crossed.

I started through ebay resolution centre but because I was out of the time limited i just sent an email to the seller and explained it was fake and that i had been in touch with Ergo themselves, and I want a refund. As longs as you send it signed for and make a note of the tracking number, once you have checked online that it has been signed for, email them again saying they now have the goods and you want the refund :flower:

Thanks. I contacted the seller by phone and email and he's told me to send it back (I just got it today and am not even opening it) and he's offered a refund, including the postage that I pay. It's just so annoying that we can't leave negative feedback to warn other people.

He is in Gloucester. Not sure if others have experience of this seller.

You should still be able to leave negative feedback, I did after I had my refund.

Oh okay, I thought that you couldn't leave feedback after a refund had been given. Will definitely leave feedback but guess it will get lost amongst the good feedback this guy gets because he sends things so quickly.

Just a heads up that the seller "necessities" which sold me a fake (which they admitted to and gave me a refund) has changed their name to "babylibrarycouk" and is still selling Ergo carriers!

BUYERS BEWARE!

I bought an Ergo on ebay recently and I just knew it was going to be a fake but with money being tight I was crossing my fingers very tightly as the listing seemed genuine (how silly of me). I received it today and after looking at it in great detail I know it is a fake!

After looking through this thread I also realise that he is also someone who has been mentioned before but just slightly changes his name, 'davemof' was mentioned on here and this guy David Moff is who I purchased it off although when emailing back and forth about delivery it was apparently a woman! This was the listing https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270757153615&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Sooo annoyed with myself!

I've just looked at that, personally I think listings are suspect if they are listed as new but the descriptions says used a couple of times. Does the ergo have a serial number?

Strange that the seller contradicts themselves in their listings, the galaxy grey one they sold said
I was bought this baby ergo as a gift when my son was born. I was already using my baby bjorn when I received the gift , so I am selling this carrier on to make some money to spend on something else which will come in useful for my son. I still have all the original packaging with this item.

and the one you bought
I am selling this fantastic baby carrier as I no longer have use for it. It was used only a couple of times and is in fantastic, as new condition. It was purchased from a boutique baby shop in Holmfirth approx 7 months ago.

Sorry you appear to have been yet another victim, PM me if you need anything else not covered in the thread.

I've just looked at that, personally I think listings are suspect if they are listed as new but the descriptions says used a couple of times. Does the ergo have a serial number?

Strange that the seller contradicts themselves in their listings, the galaxy grey one they sold said
I was bought this baby ergo as a gift when my son was born. I was already using my baby bjorn when I received the gift , so I am selling this carrier on to make some money to spend on something else which will come in useful for my son. I still have all the original packaging with this item.

and the one you bought
I am selling this fantastic baby carrier as I no longer have use for it. It was used only a couple of times and is in fantastic, as new condition. It was purchased from a boutique baby shop in Holmfirth approx 7 months ago.

Sorry you appear to have been yet another victim, PM me if you need anything else not covered in the thread.

Thank you :flower: No it doesn't have a serial number, that was one of the things for me that proved it was actually a fake not to mention the spelling mistakes!!! grrr.

How long should I wait for a refund? Do I have to send the carrier back before they refund me? They were quick to reply yesterday claiming they had no idea it was fake but I have had no reply since.

Ah yes, I remember seeing that. This is why we have decided to just splash out and buy new. I was totally set on being able to tell who was and wasn't a fake. But when they start getting so smart to tell you it's used, so you think it's real. GAH!

Born direct is selling the performance with a free cargo pack. So all is good.

Ok where can I get a genuine Ergo from? Where did you girls get your genuine ones from? Please let me know if you recommend the place :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->