BFP and overweight?

ME! My BMI was 36 and I was told I had a 1% chance of conceiving naturally so I didn't think I could get pregnant. Me and DH settled down to a life with our cats and were happy. Then I decided to diet, my BMI is now 32 and hey presto I am pregnant. To say its a shock is an understatement. If I had know it was a possibility I would have taken precautions until I was at a healthier weight but mother nature had other ideas..... I really don't want to get any bigger so I spoke to the doctor and she said not to starve myself, just to try and keep my weight stable xx

Glad I'm not the only one!! I don't want to end up piling on another 4 stone so have started to eat lots of fruit and veg. Is your doc worried about your weight? I haven't seen my GP yet.

She didn't seem overly concerned. She didn't weigh me or anything. I am assuming I will get weighed and more advice about diet at my first midwife appointment in 4 weeks. I was doing weight watchers so I am trying to stick to the principles with a few extras and exercise x

Are you nervous about being overweight during the pregnancy?? I was overweight when I had my DD but I'm probably about 2 stone heavier than I was then.

She didn't seem overly concerned. She didn't weigh me or anything. I am assuming I will get weighed and more advice about diet at my first midwife appointment in 4 weeks. I was doing weight watchers so I am trying to stick to the principles with a few extras and exercise x

I got banned from weightwatchers and the midwife literally bit my head off when i told her i was dieting lol! :blush:

Wow!!! I guess I'm not dieting as such more like super healthy eating!:happydance:

I'm overweight(a size 18-20 and only 5ft 2) and I am on my 2nd child, with this one I fell pregnant after a month of trying and am about 2 stone heavier than what I was when pregnant with my son! X

me im so worried about putting 4st on like i did with my dd but i know i will put alot on as soon as i start to eat a tiny bit more than usual i pile weight on. Im gonna start swimming and walking more

I got banned from weightwatchers and the midwife literally bit my head off when i told her i was dieting lol! :blush:

Slimming world is the only one that midwives will allow, im going back when ive got over this sickness :sick: :thumbup:

I'm overweight, deep into the obese category actually.

I'm nervous about everything. I was dieting before my BFP but haven't lost as much as I'd like.

Midwife will have a lot to say to me

Are you nervous about being overweight during the pregnancy?? I was overweight when I had my DD but I'm probably about 2 stone heavier than I was then.

Hi!!
I am overwieght too!! Think my BMI is around 36!!
Im a size 18!! 5ft 3"!! Could have lost weight b4 conceiving but it was a vicious circle for me!! If my period came i ate like a piggy and would have enjoyed drinks at wkd too!!!!
When i had my last child Ben(2) i got weighed 2days b4 my section and was actually 3lb less than at the start of my pregnancy!!!!
Mind you i had been incredibly ill thru out that pregnancy!!!
Im currently 6+5
Good luck to us all
xxBabyC

my BMI is 33.6. I had lost a little prior to getting pregnant. I am just going to take one day at a time. I am not going to diet while pregnant. I will take one day at a time and not over eat.

Lizziesgrape - I am an online member so no-one to answer to :) I wouldn't follow it to the letter because I think it would be too extreme but I am planning to try and stick to it during the day with a few extras in the evening. I'm not drinking so thats shedloads of points saved already lol

I am concerned about being overweight and pregnant but its happened and all I can do is try and keep my weight gain to a minimum. Luckily I had been exercising for a few months before I got my BFP so I can carry that on. H&H 9 months ladies xx

Its great to see so many of you joining me!! I'd like to keep this thread going so we can support each other. I was very ill on my DD, have only felt mildly queasy with this one so far but its super early. I don't want to diet at all but I'm sure my doc will have something to say about my weight:growlmad:

I am so picky with my food right now that dieting would be impossible. I am however wanting plenty of fruit which is a good thing.

im size 18 and 17stone BUT i am 6ft 2.Im classed as overweight and im a lil concerned about it dr wasnt to worried just said if im good i shouldnt put anymore then a stone on.havent put a 1b on so far and have lost 7lb but not dieting :)

I'm overweight(a size 18-20 and only 5ft 2) and I am on my 2nd child, with this one I fell pregnant after a month of trying and am about 2 stone heavier than what I was when pregnant with my son! X

I'm the same size! A little taller, though, at 5ft4. I hate that I'm overweight and won't get to see the results of pregnancy as easily as a normal weight woman does, but I guess we can't do anything about it at this point. I'm trying to just eat healthy, too, to not gain any more weight than I have to. The problem I'm having right now though, is that I'm only 5w3d and I've gained almost 10 lbs in the last week!!! I'm guessing it must be water weight??? I'm not doing anything differently, so I don't know how in the world I would have gained so much in such a short time. With my first pregnancy I was so sick that I lost 13 lbs! I sure hope my weight will stabilize soon! :wacko:

I wouldn't worry too much cos at the end of the day we all know we are going to gain weight(some more than others) and right now you just wanna eat what you fancy(damn u salt n vinegar crisps) lol but we can try to make better choices to maybe limit the weight gain as much as poss tho alot of it is out of out hands! I've gained about 6lbs so far and boy am I feeling it :( bloated is an understatement!!! X

I've been feeling bloated too but I'm sure its water weight because I've been eating better than ever!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->