BFP and overweight?

iv lost 7lb since found out and iv been eating loads :haha: midwife says u burn 20% more calories everyday as ur metabolism speeds up :)

Thank you all for being here. Its great to know I'm not alone. We are not the first big and beautiful women to have babys. I'm sorry for the way some of you have been treated.

I don't know if any of you are in the US but I am having the hardest time finding a plus size maternity bathing suit. I know motherhood sells them but I don’t really like them. Any suggestions?:shrug:

with my son I got one from Target they go up to xxl it was pretty big I'm a size 18us

Hi

I just got my BFP and Im overweight - about 36 BMI. I lost a lot of weight while TTC (had long enough after all). So far touch wood my blood pressure and sugar is fine. Going to keep off the cheese and chocolate and actually cut down my exercise for a bit - just going to swim I think until I can get someone to confirm what classes I can do.

Ive taken bump pics, but Im already quite bumpy! Think itll take me a while to show.

Just had my midwife booking appointment, she barely mentioned my weight at all. Just said to keep eating healthily.

I will have a consultant referral due to my BMI but other than that she's pleased with my health

I don't know if any of you are in the US but I am having the hardest time finding a plus size maternity bathing suit. I know motherhood sells them but I don’t really like them. Any suggestions?:shrug:

Try Old Navy :)

I know I asked about this before, but now that there are more ladies in here I thought I'd try again :) Are any of you ladies trying for a VBAC? My OB says they won't let me because of my weight, but I've heard that there are no weight restrictions... so just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this or is trying :) Thanks!

Cranberry be careful swimming, you are only allowed to do front & back crawl as breast stroke isn't good for the pelvis when pregnant. I only recently found this out & it explains my hip & back pain!!

Rhianna my MW was also great but the consultant was an arse. Try not to stress if they start telling you you'll need a c section etc. Think it's just the 'party line' they have to follow! You might get extra scans too. I've got 28 & 34 weeks xx

Thanks

I have a Drs appt Friday so hopefully can ask all this. Dont have any type of other appt for 4 weeks with all the stupid bank holidays. Ive googled a lot, but cant google everything, dont know what they expect me to do. Does everyone wait til 8.5 weeks to see anyone at all?

Cranberry- My doc said i would have an appointment at 10 weeks and i'd get a letter! I feel like i'm in limbo! I'm waiting for the letter- it's so frustrating :haha:

Cranberry be careful swimming, you are only allowed to do front & back crawl as breast stroke isn't good for the pelvis when pregnant. I only recently found this out & it explains my hip & back pain!!

Swimming breast stroke isn't good for you when preggers?!?! Did your midwife tell you that? Or are you basing it off the fact you've got hip & back pain? I'm really puzzled by that! I've just looked it up as I'm literally about to get ready to go swimming (breast stroke!) and found that the NHS says nothing about the stroke that you do, in fact, they positively encourage swimming, especially later in the pregnancy.
xxx

Midwife told me not to do it & consultant... So did pilates instructor. Apparently because your ligaments etc soften & stretch once hormones are released it's very easy to over stretch from the outward kicking movement can cause issues opening the pelvis & can cause pain and discomfort. Also it can cause your back to arch causing pain and discomfort in neck/shoulders.

I looked through my preggo book & it said the same ??

I've been encouraged to start preggo yoga & pilates earlier rather than later & advised for swimming to do front/back crawl, no butterfly & only breast stroke if I've a float between my knees and ankles??x

I'd think that the more flexibility you have the better tbh. If you're terribly stiff then maybe forcing things would be a bad idea but even then I'd start slowly and work up. You'll need to be flexible for the birth anyway.

I'm gonna start pregnancy yoga when I'm a few more weeks. It's mostly women with big bumps who go and id feel stupid going and not being at least round

I agree with the back arching thing. If you're doing breast stroke you rly should be bobbing under water rather than forcing your head above the water, is quite an unnatural position

Yep exactly.. Apparently you can cause ligament damage to your pelvis & end up on crutches! Prefer front crawl anyway :happydance:

Don't be put off with the yoga, most women don't start until last tri when they are stiff, if you start after your first scan you'll be the limber queen doing downward dog as you give birth :haha:

Hello ladies :) Sneaking in from second tri - shhh :haha:

Anyway, I'm also very overweight and got my bfp back in january. I think my bmi was like 47 or something like that. D: Horrible.

Anyway, I'm also very overweight and got my bfp back in january. I think my bmi was like 47 or something like that. D: Horrible.

O no not horrible! :hugs:

Are you showing yet?

Not horrible! Lovely & pregnant :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"