BFP! (begging to be fat and pregnant)

I'm so glad you guys remember me....It's been nearly a year!

Here are a few pics of my little one Eliana Jean...born March 18 at 10:26am, 9lbs 5oz, 21 1/2 inches.

She was unable to clear her lungs out effectively after birth and was in the NICU for 2 days and then was monitored every few hours (but stayed in my room most the time) for another 3 days. She had an infection due to it and would not breastfeed for the first 2 days as she was more interested in breathing instead of eating. They kept her hydrated through an IV and had a tube down her stomach to relieve pressure if she swallowed air. She was given antibiotics through the IV and had to have xrays of her chest several times. Although the nurses told us she was not jaundiced (her #s were good) she looked very jaundiced for the first few weeks of life. She was super dark (yellowish) compared to everyone and over time her skin lightened. I also had some difficulty after my csection. I was extremely nauseous and was vomiting for almost the entire first 2 days. I was told it was due to the anesthesia. Needless to say we were in the hospital from early Friday morning til late afternoon the following Wednesday. Thankfully though she is a super sweet "easy" baby and has had no problems since leaving the hospital.

In the NICU:
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/amberdawn723/ElianaJeansBirthdayMarch1839.jpg

Finally have her in my room:
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/amberdawn723/ElianaJeansBirthdayMarch1855.jpg

Her yellowish complexion, still in the hospital:
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/amberdawn723/ElianaJean050.jpg

3 months old:
https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/amberdawn723/000_4013.jpg

She's beautiful!!! She looks so much like you! Oh my gosh. :) You can tell you aren't feeling well in the NICU picture, but you're such a good mommy being right there. Very sweet. I can't wait to see more pics of her growing up. :)

Hey Amber! Your daughter is pretty. Thanks for the congrats! My baby boy is now 4 months old:)

She's absolutely adorable Amber! Even in the NICU she looked like a strong and healthy baby. I can't believe after all you went through you're already considering TTC, lol. What are the chances of hyperemisis in your future pregnancies? Did you have any complications with your first LO?

Thanks ladies!

Jolene, I actually dread getting pregnant because of the hyperemesis. I had it with both my pregnancies but it was much worse the 2nd time. I was miserable. I actually weighed 15 pounds less at the end of the pregnancy (204) than I did at my pre-pregnancy weight (219). I was fortunate though. Some ladies have to be hospitalized and/or on IV nutrition for the extent of their pregnancies. Mine was bad, but oral medications helped.

I didn't have any complications besides hyperemesis with my first DD except that I was induced at 41 weeks and ended up having a csection. She was perfectly healthy....but a much more difficult baby than Eliana.

So how goes the TTC these days everyone?

Welcome back Amberdawn I was just asking about you not long ago! Your baby girl is adorable!!!

Thought Id share, Malcolm is 16lbs, 3oz and 25 inches long at 4 months! Dr says he is healthy though, even if he is in the 75th percentile for his age, LOL!

Amber your baby girl is adorable and so cute. Im glad you and your LO are doing well. Missed hearing from you girlie!

Af got me like clockwork! I'm thankful that I started and started on my own but still upset that I'm not pregnant..... it will happen God's Timing!

It will BWilliams. I'm just still happy you got it on your own! I really think that's a positive step. :)

Praying for you Bwilliams and it will happen just as you've said!!!

How is everyone doing? Good I hope.

Kat - I see you've reached your V-Day! Congratulations!!! :D

We go in tomorrow for our '20 week scan,' although I'll only be 19 weeks. I'm a little nervous in general. I think I'll always get nervous right before the doctor. I just want her to be healthy. I'm wondering if they'll say anything to me about my weight. I lost 8 more pounds after I found out I was pregnant, and on a good day, I've gained 2 back...

I'm also scared they're going to tell me that the baby is a boy! If that's true, I'll be shocked. Her little gender pic showed NO sign of anything...but I guess if that's the worst news I get tomorrow, I'm completely blessed. :)

Also, DH is starting his new job on Tuesday. We're both very excited. This job will help us in my transition between my current job and my next one. No more Residence halls living for the baby this time next year. :) I'm hoping we're out in May. I already love his job b/c they made sure they were calling with details tomorrow afternoon, so he could go to the doctor's appointment with me. :) I think I may have to go alone from now on, but that's fine with me.

I'll post an update tomorrow. :)

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well! I thank God for each of you:)

jrc10- Did they confirm your LO's gender on your 20 week scan?

Hope everyone is doing well. Sending babydust to all the ladies that want/need it!

Nope. :( Harper had her little legs crossed and the tech kept accusing me of not drinking enough water...I did drink it! Maybe just not soon enough. I cried in the dr.'s office bathroom. I felt like I ruined DH's last appointment we knew he could go to. The tech wasn't nice either. She made 2-3 comments about my bladder being empty and not drinking water. I don't like her!!!!!

I'm planning to get another private gender scan soon, though. That way, DH can come with me. His work schedule is so crazy, it sucks! That was the only way I felt better. She's good and healthy though, so that's all we care about. Down Syndrome came back negative, so no worries there either. :)

I've been working so much this week I haven't had much chance to update, which isn't like me. Sorry about that.

Hey girl I miss you all so much! This week has been so crazy and stressful but I'm finally ovulating today cd16 and it hurts like a b*&^# lol my younger sil is staying the weekend with us so hopfully we find time to bd

When we have company and we want to...we just lay the opposite way you're supposed to in the bed. No noise! :)

Good luck! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->