BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

@mummy2o Thanks! I can't wait to move to the second trimester!! I'm glad the scan was good! I hope your son enjoyed it. My niece has autism as well. She didn't really understand when my sister-in-law was pregnant, but she definitely loves both of her siblings now. She loves playing with them, chasing them, and just spending time with them. I hope your son finds that attachment too. :)

@KatyW Happy 11 weeks! You're almost to the second trimester!! :happydance: How are you?

@melann13 :) I love the dot with the sharpie idea! I can totally see myself doing that. I plan to remember where they find it so I can know where baby is and hold my hand there specifically when I talk to baby. My appointment will be in week 10 so I'll watch what they do and then perhaps order one around that time. I will try to only do it occasionally. I just think it will be so comforting. I might stop temping once a week and do that instead. :thumbup: It sounds like you got some good deals!

@daddiesgift Happy 10 weeks! :happydance: How are you?

@ALiKO Thanks! I think we will indulge a little after the first scan. Perhaps we can go pick up a few little things on the day to celebrate baby! :happydance:

Another tip I've learned from my nieces and nephew, buy more 3+ months clothes than newborn or infant because they grow out of that quickly and sometimes they don't even fit it if they are bigger when born.

Melann,

I really want an Ergo for this baby. Definitely going to look used for one (or ask for it as a Christmas gift). I always envy everyone else's ha. I think we used the Baby Bjorn a fair amount (my friend's hand me down). My husband liked it!

Hopeful, yeah for 11 weeks. Still doing okay - having some nasty dry heaving episodes (I think I'm getting too hungry) but having some good days where my energy is higher too. Happy to be here! How are you doing?

Aliko, yeah, those breast pumps are pricey. The hospital grade pump works the best anyways, so if you need it for around the clock pumping, it's the one you would want anyways. I did end up buying one - and decided against the 300 dollar Medela pump and got the Ameda pump for about 130 (with a gift card!). I was exclusively pumping for awhile though so it was needed, but I know of many women who rarely pump and exclusively breast feed. My best friend never bought an electric double pump and used the hand pump for occasional bottles.

Happy 8 weeks Hopeful!!

AFM feeling almost human again but still exhausted most days! I go to bed at a reasonable time but still nap about two hours a day! Sometimes longer! I can't wait for this phase to pass and I have energy again!

We have an Ergo and love it. I run the local baby wearing group so I've tried lots of different ones. I'd pass on the Bjorn. While I had one with my first, when you know better you do better! They are expensive for not lasting till 23 pounds and even then it won't last that long. They are also crotch danglers. Baby carriers need to keep babies knees level or above butt not hanging below them. This contributes to hip dysphasia. Also imagine being carried around with all your weight right there. Not comfy for baby! You are never suppose to forward face a baby either as over stimulation happens and instead of turning into you to shield themselves they have no where to look. It also throws off our balance contributing to nasty trips and falls.

https://www.hipdysplasia.org/develo...tion/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/

https://www.mtwholehealth.com/2012/12/baby-wearing-safely

https://www.bobafamily.com/blog/2011/10/11/nine-reasons-not-to-carry-your-baby-facing-out/

^the boba wrap is good for early days and under $40. The boba carrier makes nursing in carrier easy.

Not trying to be the baby carrier police :haha: but I'd invest money else wear. Plus in comparison the Bjorn was not the comfortable, I never hurt in our ergo. There is tons of baby wearing swap and sell groups on Facebook where you can get great carriers for cheap!

@dadiesgift,
Thanks for the info! Like I said, I got them all since I wasn't paying full price for any of them. I was most excited about the Ergo, and the Boba wrap looks a lot like a Moby. I was planning to use that when I'm working or around the house to wear the baby. I figured we wouldn't be using the Bjorn a ton, and wasn't originally going to buy one, but I got it for cheap. If DH wants to use it now and then in the beginning with baby facing him, I'll let him... but I can definitely understand the issues it can cause.

Yeah, I have heard about the hip dysplasia issues with the Bjorn; thankfully we used it for things like trips, it was an occasional use thing. Thanks for the information, Daddiesgift. I have not done much research on these things but baby wearing seems to get more and more useful and beneficial the more children you have (no free hands to carry baby everywhere like I did with my first).

It's mostly anything where their legs dangle and its like they are standing instead of sitting that gets in my nerves :haha: there is cheap options that work great like this one I got off amazon we used it over a year before it got stuck in car door and my OH ripped it :haha: its just like an ergo but $12!

Check this out on AMZN: Gaorui Cotton Baby Carrier Infant Comfort Backpack Buckle Sling Wrap Fashion Full Pad Adjustable Red -S
https://amzn.com/B0089XXJU8

Carriers are great for more than one! Double strollers get BIG! Plus when you are at home and baby just won't be sat down wrapping or carrying them rocks!

In Germany we just carried our oldest the whole time. We even went places in dead of winter and he'd be snoozing the whole time! We had a Bjorn with him as a friend gave it to us and I thought it was great forward facing but even with him being little he outgrew it within probably 3 months. The ergo STILL fits him, though he is over being carried :haha:

@KatyW I'm good! My symptoms come and go and vary in intensity, but I appreciate all of them. (Well...except the uncomfortable constipation). I am so looking forward to going to the doctor in a couple weeks. I am thankful for each passing day! :) I'm glad you're well, but I hope you don't have much more dry heaving. When did it pass with your daughter?

@omgbaby Thank you sooo much! :)

@magicwhisper Thank you! How are you now that you're 12 weeks? :)

@daddiesgift I definitely plan on getting a carrier. I think it will be so much easier when carrying baby and baby will probably like it too. Thanks for the information. I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope the exhaustion passes soon. :thumbup:

Happy Halloween!!!

Share plans, your costumes, or funny pictures you find online!

Attachments

• happy-halloween-23959-1366x768.jpg
    happy-halloween-23959-1366x768.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Happy-Halloween-9-320x240.jpg
    Happy-Halloween-9-320x240.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 0
  • funny-pets-halloween-costumes-dogs.jpg
    funny-pets-halloween-costumes-dogs.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi Everyone,

I haven't checked in for a while so it is great to see everyone is doing well :thumbup: Happy 8 weeks Hopeful I hope your feeling well?

Well I can't believe I am 30 weeks tomorrow :wacko::happydance: that said I am getting very uncomfy now and sleep is pretty poor especially since the clocs went back and my little boy is all out of synch! Bump is so low this time and I always need the toilet :dohh::blush:. I have just over 7 weeks left at work as well so things are really busy.

We had one of our extra scans last week to check baby is OK and currently all looking good for a good gestational size and a normal birth :happydance: we will have another scan at 36 weeks when they will decide what we should do. Oh and it is still a girl, I asked them again after we were originally told baby was a boy haha!

I have the whooping cough jab tomorrow and a couple of friends have told me it can make you feel poorly but I hope not.

Anyway better get back to it will check in again soon, take care everyone!!

xx

Spine is fine. So she's healthy :) It went pretty quick, I was in and out in 10 minute compared to the 2-3 hours previous times. I ended up down the GP's last night as I scratched my eye and ended up with blurred vision. Its not pregnancy related as I was reading it could be with gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia. Got eye drops which I'm using for a week. Thankfully it went in a couple of hours but my eye is full of sleep trying to heal itself at the moment. I'm contently wiping it clean!

hooray happy everything went well with baby. sorry about your eye i hope you feel better soon :flower:

@Mummy to HP I'm good; I'm just ready to see baby! Happy 30 weeks! :happydance: That's a big milestone! I hope you're able to find some way to get some rest. I imagine that will be a problem for me because I already toss and turn some. I hope the whooping cough jab/shot doesn't make you feel bad. I hope the work weeks pass quickly for you. I know that must be hard.

Heres our Halloween pictures! OH and I didnt get dressed up which is unusual for us but the boys went as Woody and Buzz Light Year from Toy Story :) They had the times of their lives Trick or Treating!

Im still feeling exhausted most days. I get really ill feeling at bed time and in the middle of the night. Im wondering if its the prenatal vitamins I take? :shrug: Feel like I could ball up and moan all night long!

Attachments

• woody.jpg
    woody.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 2
  • buzz.jpg
    buzz.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
@daddiesgift,
starting today I'm actually taking all my vits during the day. My prenatals are 4/day + I take some extra vit D and Zyrtec (for allergies). I've always taken them at night, but with my severe heartburn at night, I've been feeling like gulping all the water at night isn't helping. (yes, at this point even water gives my heartburn). The vits make me not feel super great, but I'd rather be a bit nauseous during the day than go through more nights of not sleeping more than a couple hours. Last night I skipped all the vits in the interest of taking them today and didn't drink any water for the hour before bed. I only woke up once and it wasn't til 5am! I popped a TUMS and went back to sleep. All this without 3-4 pillow propping up my top half. It was AMAZING! Try just switching the time of day you take them and make sure you take them with food.

I find I get really hungry at night (probably not eating enough during the day due to being busy) and then that leads to nausea if I don't eat.

@daddiesgift Your boys are so cute! I love the costumes. I think it's so cool when kids match each other. :happydance:

@melann13 Good test. I'd definitely take them during the day if you can get better sleep! :thumbup:

@KatyW I get really hungry right before bed too even if I've had something a couple of hours earlier. I know I can handle it now, but I'm not sure I'll be able to eat a meal and sleep on it when I start to get bigger. What do you usually eat at night to curb hunger? :flower:

Ladies, When did you start using anti-stretch mark cream? Do you have any brand recommendations? Thanks!

@hopeful
For night time munchies I have a small bowl of cereal- highest iron content around is from fortified cereal.
For stretch marks I have to admit I LOVE my regimen even if its not technically for stretch marks. From very early on (prolly 7wks) I use Burt's bees lemon body oil (says mama bee on it) every night on belly, chest (includes nipples) and thighs and hips. In the morning I use the Burt's bees mama bee belly butter all over my torso. I only use the oil at night in case it gets on my pjs. I'm at 30 weeks and no stretch marks yet!! Albough I know they're very genetic and I don't think my mom has many.

And hopeful, I see you are 8wks 3days. I know you have to wait to see your baby, but here's my abdominal US from the same time, so this is what your baby looks like!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe