BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Good scan magic. And I'm guessing your both gamers?

I'll talk to OH after the scan tomorrow. We get to find out what it is and if anything is terribly wrong in just under 12 hours, so yay. Can't wait!

@magicwhisper Congrats on the heartbeat! That's amazing! :) I updated the information on the front. Are you due May 14th now?

@KatyW I can't wait to get to the double digits. I'm glad you've told most people. It's a hard secret to keep sometimes! :)

@mummy2o Have fun at the scan! It will be so exciting to find out gender! Good luck! I hope you have a nice talk after too. :)

AFM We told my husband's parents! They were both really excited and we talked about it for a while. They know to be quiet about it until we decide to tell others, which will most likely be in December. I can't wait until my appointment. I really want to see the heartbeat and to relax a bit more about it all.

hey hopeful sorry for the late reply but yes im def. gone get a pregnancy pillow. the one that goes the length of your body. ah that sounds so comfy right now!

Hopeful, yes, it's nice getting the secret out, but I felt differently with my first one. I liked keeping it a secret because pregnancy is such an intense experience and it almost didn't feel real or something. I've had two ultrasounds already with HBs detected so it felt right (lots of ultrasounds where I live). I would probably be more cautious if I had not already had a few appointments. I'm glad you told your husband's parents, it feels nice to get the news out a bit, right? :)

Team pink. Woot. I get to buy all the girly things I couldn't with DS!!! I talked to OH briefly, but will talk more in a minute as we have a long car journey in a minute followed by a long wait :( Then I have waiting at parents evening -.- I will post pictures next week after my rescan as she was sat in an odd position so couldn't do her spine.

Thats great you told OH parents Hopeful. Once you get that heart beat I'm sure you'll relax more.

@ALiKO I'll probably get a body pillow too! I may use this as the perfect time to update our mattress. We're ready for a new one anyway. :haha:

@KatyW I totally understand. Sometimes I wonder if it's real so I'll take a test or temp or talk to my husband about it. :haha: I imagine once I see/hear heartbeat, start to show, and feel baby move it'll be more real to me too. I was happy to tell them because I know they can help us with appointments and things to do since it's our first. They were so happy too! :)

@mummy2o Congratulations!! :pink: I'll add her to the front! What differences did you notice between the two pregnancies? I hope your talk goes well. :) You're right; I can't wait to hear the heartbeat!

Glad you were able to tell your DH's parents Hopeful! It's such a special moment, getting to share the news with the people you love the most! Are you waiting to tell your parents until December? And it is very reassuring to hear the heartbeat. Do you know when your first appointment is yet? Just keep in mind that sometimes it take them a bit to find the HB when it's so early. I went in at 10 weeks and it took her 3 or 4 minutes to find it before we heard the little flutter.

I have the Boppy maternity pillow. I have found that I have drastically changed how I sleep with it as time goes on. I actually sleep with it along my back now (with the pointy end under my head and the rounder part between my knees). I then use a normal bed pillow wedged a little under the bump and hugging it. This helps to keep my rib cage open which is where I usually have pain at night. Having the boppy behind me also means that when I end up rolling to my back during the night (which you're supposed to avoid after week 20) I'm still not flat on my back, just at an angle, which doesn't disrupt circulation as much.
No matter what maternity pillow you get, I highly recommend not just going by the picture, but sleeping with it in any possible configuration you can think of as everyone has pressure spots in different places.
I've slept with mine in front of me, behind me, folded in half, in a U shape going between my legs to support both sides of my lower body, wedged under my bump and more. It has gone with me camping and on our babymoon, I think I'd struggle to sleep without it at this point. Using multiple little pillows works, but I move a lot and I don't want to constantly have to rearrange them.
Oh, and my cats LOVE it during the day when it's under the bedspread. The snuggle in the caverns in makes. :)

Congratulations on the baby girl mummy! Have you started thinking of names?

I did notice many differences. I had no morning sickness with my son or my miscarriage so I'm thinking he was suppose to be a boy also. This one it started before my BFP, then again I tested late due to unpredictable cycles but it was really early at just over 4 weeks. This one I've had swollen feet most evenings from about 8 weeks, never with DS. Craved cheeseburgers from McD's with DS, this one has been ribs, salted things or sweets. I'm drinking loads more this time also, compared to DS.

I don't think the shock of having a girl has sinked in yet. I've waited 7 years to get her and really hoped DS wasn't a boy (he made us team yellow last time, but gut told me boy) so really hoped I was wrong. I love hello kitty so she'll get a lot of hello kitty things, especially if I can bribe my dad buying some every time he goes to Japan!

As for names since I became pregnant I've wanted Hana May. Now I'm not so sure. I have 20 weeks left, so plenty of time to think of something right.

my oh is a gamer and i a not bothered. and because he is a gamer we thought the announcement was awesome :haha:

my due date is 13th may oh got it wrong but i couldnt tell him once he did the picture he was so proud of himself :rofl:

@kksy9b I'm not sure about my appointment yet. I should be hearing back from them in the next day or so. :dohh: I can't wait though, although I'm finding the time is passing rather quickly so far. I'm sure it would pass easier if I knew everything was good. It was so nice telling them. We had dinner with them tonight and they love being in on the secret already. :haha: I'll probably tell my mom in December too. I just think it would be the best for her to hear it at that point and I know she would never keep quiet anyway.

@melann13 I'll look for that pillow when we decide to get one. When did you start using it? :flower:

@mummy2o Happy 20 weeks! It's so neat that you had different experiences with both. I bet you are so excited for a baby girl! Congrats! I haven't had a lot of morning sickness (just general nausea when I get hungry and a couple of times I thought I was really going to be sick) and my cravings have been slightly more for the traditional boy foods according to online articles. The gender predictor says boy, the necklace over hand thing says boy, and I just sort of think boy right now. :)

@magicwhisper I updated you to May 13th. :) I think it's really cool to include hobbies and a personal touch to it.

AFM I plan to speak with the doctor's office today so I hope to get more information on future appointments and what to expect.

Hi ladies!

Congrats Mummy2o on the little girl. Girls are awesome!!!!! Hahahaha.

@hopeful...I started using my snoogle around 17 weeks??? It's when I really started needing the support. Haha

AFM....we were supposed to go to my dr's yesterday to have her review my anatomy scan and she was gonna write down for me what we are having. Well, I called to confirm they had my results and she's like "hmmm weird, they aren't here". So the receptionist called the imaging place. Turns out..there was a major computer malfunction and all the images are trapped on the machine but the radiologist can't view them!!!!!! So my gender is trapped on that machine!! Hahaha!!!! They were flying someone in from the states to fix this. So she said hopefully by Tuesday they should have my results so my dr re-booked me for then...but we aren't sure if they'll have them! Lmao. Luckily I have some time from the cake place so I'm not in total rush. We also picked out the cake and design and I'm so excited!!!!! Can't wait for the 10th to find out who this little stinker is!!!

Also..yesterday was an awful day. I had the runs so bad on and off all day. Baby god bless it was SO active..which made me happy but because I was so sick....it just made me want to throw up! :( I went to bed at 7:30 when dh left for hockey and slept until 6 when I had to get up for work. Hoping today is better!

@Hopeful, I actually bought the pillow with my last pregnancy, even though I only made it to 7.5 weeks, but by 5 weeks I was having terrible back pain. Course it turned out that was probably a bad sign.
Anyway, this time I just used a small pillow between my knees starting at probably 12 weeks (just for sore back and hips) and switched to the Boppy giant one around 16 or 18 weeks, it's really all to do with your comfort, but I find it SO MUCH EASIER to stay on my side with it, so I wanted to get comfy with it before I hit the 20 week point.
I got mine at Target. I like that the cover comes off to wash.

@chulie Oh no! I'm glad you have time to get the results before you have to go to the cake place! I'm excited for you to find out too! I hope today was better and that you feel better as well. :hugs:

@melann13 Thanks! I may get one at the end of the first tri and keep it until needed. I'm already finding that I can't get comfortable as easily, but that could be because of breasts and a general bloated feeling. :haha:

I think I'm allergic to my new pregnancy pillow :( Started using it two nights ago and my wrists and neck have been itchy where my skin came in contact. This morning I started breaking out in those areas as well.... guess I am just going to have to figure out how to sew my own cover for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->