BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Hi ladies! Just popping in to say hello! I had an appointment today and found out that the downs and cystic fibrosis results both came back negative.. so great news! We have our gender scan set for next Monday and now I am very anxious for this week to be done!

Hope everyone is doing well!

@chulie I'll make a note of that cream. :thumbup: I imagine that to become an expert he had to do lots of research on the issue. :dohh: :haha: Men do seem very interested in breastfeeding. I didn't know BF babies would stop when full. One of my nieces would get so upset if she was trying to fall asleep and her bottle ran out of milk.

@melann13 Good advice about starting the bottle around 2-3 weeks. :thumbup: It sounds like you'll have a good support system.

@OurLilFlu That's very interesting. I never really knew about the fore and hind milks. :thumbup:

@RaeChay I see you have your 20 week appointment on November 19th! :happydance: You're almost half way there!

@kksy9b Congrats on the good results! I'm so excited for your gender scan! :happydance: Any guesses before you go?

Thanks Hopeful! I really think it is a girl... I started off thinking boy but around 9 or 10 weeks had a dream it was a girl and it just seemed to fit. Now every time I dream it's a girl :) My husband is on team blue so one of us is right! How much longer to your appointment? How have you been feeling?

I like your post on breast feeding, Chulie, so accurate. I think breastfeeding is something that you can do if you really want to do it and are willing to put up with some pain in the beginning (because discomfort in the beginning is normal), and have support from lactation consultants or nurses who can help you with positioning and checking the latch. I do think it's easier for some than others, though. Some women genuinely have trouble with it physically (getting mastitis, etc) or not enough support.

I transitioned my daughter from bottle to breast at a month and a half old, and that was not easy at all and only thanks to the help of a lactation consultant/nurse who visited me weekly and helped me with this. I don't think I would have done this, though, without support from friends and my husband who encouraged me. It was difficult for a few weeks, but resulted in a wonderful year of nursing.

Just wanted to tell you all that in case you have difficulties with it, if it's what you want to do, you can do it. First time moms, I would recommend taking a class/reading books on this topic if you are interested in doing this, the more information you have the better.

Monday is so long to wait. I bet your excited!! I hope you get a girl. The majority on this group are having girls so lucky should be on your side. I only had one doubt about this one being a girl and that was the day before the scan as I worked myself so much that she was a girl I'd be gutted if she was a boy, but no she's a girl so I never had to doubt myself.

Chulie I agree, that everyone can with help. I really wish I had the help with DS as that time round I was a SAHM so it would have been perfect. Then I'd probably feel more confident about doing it this time. Maybe someone will kick me up the backside and just tell me to do it.

Anyway OH's birthday is friday and I told me he doesn't want anything. So I'm going to ignore that like normal and buy a I love daddy top for baby. What do you guys think?

@Mummy20 I LOVE it!!!!! Having a kid really makes small gifts so much easier!! lmao...anything with "daddy" on it and it's a huge score! hahaah..I once bought DH a shirt that says "D.A.D.D" and then underneath it says "Dad's against Daughters Dating"...cheapest best gift ever!! lmao....

There are SO many factors at play when it comes to nursing.....things like...pain threashold....how "badly" you want it...and I don't mean that in a bad way. Like I had a girlfriend who had to take a supplement cause her milk wasn't quite enough....plus she got thrush AND mastitis....OUCH!!!!! But she was SO hell bent on nursing...there was no other option for her. For me....man I just had a cracked nipple and almost threw in the towel...lmao...I can honestly say had I had ALL her issues....NO way nursing was THAT important to me. Then there's the other scale....my other friend who...first time baby took a real hard suck..she freaked, said it hurt and couldn't do it( she talked so much about losing sleep...I think exhausting was the factor, not the nursing..she wanted to sleep..and wanted help).....so there's so many ends of each spectrum and I honestly don't think ANY side is wrong....they are just things that factor in. My sister and sister in law never nursed...never even wanted to consider....so at the hospital...it was like.this is what I want.....give the baby formula......end of story....and I commend them for that...there was no stress....this is what THEY wanted and it made their life so much easier!!!! So my advice is just always...decide what's best for you...DON'T feel guilty..make the choice...go in with the best intention and...if you change your mind...don't feel bad about that either!!!!!!!

AFM...GENDER REVEAL PARTY THIS SUNDAY!!!! WHAAAA HOOOO....so freaking excited!!!!!

Well I'm having an emotional day so I erased the long post I just typed and say that happy mom equals happy baby. And breast feeding is so much more than just wanting it to work out. There wouldn't be a breast feeding guilt thread in the ff section if it was. I hope everything works out for everyone the way THEY want and they know no matter what they are a good mother.

On that note I'm leaving the breast feeding discussion behind!

Well I'm having an emotional day so I erased the long post I just typed and say that happy mom equals happy baby. And breast feeding is so much more than just wanting it to work out. There wouldn't be a breast feeding guilt thread in the ff section if it was. I hope everything works out for everyone the way THEY want and they know no matter what they are a good mother.

On that note I'm leaving the breast feeding discussion behind!

Did I say something to offend you? because I'm pretty sure my post says exactly what your saying.....if you read it any other way I apologize but amybe you read it in a tone I had no intention of being there....that's the problem with the internet...it's too open to you interpreting how it was said.....but that's EXACTLY my point.....that no mom should ever feel bad no matter what they decide??????

Oh no I didn't even see your post above mine till right now. I agree with what you said. I just meant in general that its harder for some than others and can be a touchy subject. I wasn't directing my post at anyone's post.

Thanks ladies for sharing your breastfeeding experiences and advice. Im going to give it a try, but If Im unable to or it becomes to painful I know she will be just fine with formula. The local La Leche League meets once a month, and I plan to attend the next meeting. I also found out that if my doctor prescribes a breast pump, my insurance will cover it for only $20 copay, which is great considering the ones I've looked at are $200+.

My appointment today went great. My placenta is a full 2cm away from my cervix, which is still considered low lying...but my doctor doesnt think it will be an issue by the time I deliver :) I'm not sure how accurate ultrasounds are at determinating weight but they say baby weighs almost 3 pounds and is 15 inches long!

Thanks ladies for sharing your breastfeeding experiences and advice. Im going to give it a try, but If Im unable to or it becomes to painful I know she will be just fine with formula. The local La Leche League meets once a month, and I plan to attend the next meeting. I also found out that if my doctor prescribes a breast pump, my insurance will cover it for only $20 copay, which is great considering the ones I've looked at are $200+.

My appointment today went great. My placenta is a full 2cm away from my cervix, which is still considered low lying...but my doctor doesnt think it will be an issue by the time I deliver :) I'm not sure how accurate ultrasounds are at determinating weight but they say baby weighs almost 3 pounds and is 15 inches long!

Oh wow that's amazing!!! Yes I've heard in Canada if you get a dr prescription you get it covered!

So how many of you are having baby showers?? I was saying in my other mom group that since this is #2 I made it clear there is NO need for another shower (my family and cousins are obsessed with them but I really really don't need anything else) so I will be living vicariously through you first timers having one!!! I love hearing about baby showers and seeing pictures!!

Ill have to look into oh's benefits re: the breast pump I'd love to get one with some coverage!!

I'm having a family/close friends shower on the 23rd and my co-workers are throwing me a little one sometime around then too. They're all headed out of state for a neuro conference next week (which I'm not going to) so we haven't set a date for that. Excited for them!

@kksy9b There's not much longer to wait for you to find out! :happydance: I'm waiting to get official date of scan, but it should be next week! I hope baby is good. I'll probably hold my breath until I see something. I'm good. I'm still very tired and napping at least once a day. I haven't had a lot of morning sickness, but I'm very hungry most of the time. I occasionally get less pleasant symptoms, but I'll take them.

@KatyW I am becoming more aware that breastfeeding will be harder than I thought it would be when I was younger and saw others do it. I'll be so glad to have you ladies to talk to as well. :) Happy 12 weeks!!

@mummy2o I think the top sounds like a sweet idea. I know people say they don't want anything, but it seems they usually like a little something just to feel like the person cares. :thumbup:

@chulie I am so excited for your gender reveal. Can we see photos of something? The cake? :happydance: I'll have a baby shower. What if baby is a boy and you need boy things? :) Or could you have a small party after baby is here to celebrate?

@daddiesgift Happy 11 weeks!! :happydance:

@Kwaggy That's amazing news! I hope it continues to move. I've read a bit about it and hear that most move before time. I hope it works that way for you too! It's great to hear baby is getting big! You're about to cross into the 30 weeks group!! :happydance:

Sound lovely Melann....I always think it's so nice of co workers to do something as well.......

@hopeful..for sure. Once Sunday comes I'll definitely post a couple pics for you guys!!!

When we had dd I got everything to match my house. Not the gender..so were pretty set. There are a few new things I plan to get. I want this mamaroo swing, a new baby carrier and of course new decor for the babies room. But the issue with my family is..it's all or nothing. My family is massive. And you can't invite one cousin without the other. Lmao. We're massive and close. So I just really don't want another 45 person hoopla! People were SO generous with my dd. People like my mom and sister and close friends all buy stuff regardless. So we'll get lots of new outfits and what not. Not only that. My girlfriend just had a boy and has been stockpiling tons and tons of clothes for me!! Eekkkssss. Hahaha. So with so many pregnant folks around.....I get so much!! I said to my sister if the thought of not doing anything for her new niece or nephew drives her that insane. Just do a small lunch with just like. My mom, the in laws and my nieces.......let's just spend an afternoon somewhere. That would be lovely!!

Hopeful, happy 9 weeks! Soon you will be in the double digits. Glad to hear you are feeling mostly okay, and a big appetite is a great thing.

I'm also looking forward to hearing about showers and stuff. Friends of mine on second or subsequent babies often just go out to dinner with girlfriends and receive a few gifts. Those seem really fun and low pressure. Request something like that, Chulie, maybe instead of a huge family party, ha. Sometimes it's easier not to rock the boat, ha.

well we had our scan today, it was amazing but tiring. we we being scan for a hour and a hlaf because we had a trainee scan me but we didnt get a say in the matter! he was scaning me for a hour and cut it short he had to be told off hundreds of times for getting it wrong. the best example is that he was meant to be scaning babys hand and he scaned the foot and wondered why it was the wrong shape!

the last half an hour was better because the expert scanned me and she told be exactly what she was looking for she was brilliant.

baby is perfect jumping, doing sumersaults waving, he/she got annoyed and mooned the sonographer for 10 minutes, i couldn't stop laughing baby has a good sense of humor like his dad

we heard the heartbeat so many times it was amazing, we got close up pictures of the face too

@magicwhisper, where are said pictures ?? Any gender guesses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->