BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

@ Magicwhisper...omg!!!!! Hahahaha ok now that's funny!!!!! I mean those are two pretty distinctive things!?!! I also had an intern do mine. She would barely put ANY u/s gel on my belly and scrape that machine across me. Omg it hurt so much!!!! When I was alone with her supervisor I politely mentioned she might want to add more gel :s it is very akward because they're basically getting critiqued at their job and your just lying there hearing what they did wrong...can you say aaaawkward?!?!? Lmao.

haha i found it funny when he was getting told off i got the giggles i couldnt look at my oh cos it made me laugh more

@melann13 Thanks so much!! I love reaching the next week! How much longer until second tri? :haha:

@chulie Yay! I can't wait to see pictures! :happydance: I understand. I hope you get the nice small lunch with close family.

@KatyW Thanks!! I'll feel really good when I hit double digits. Are you going to have a shower or a dinner with friends? Any thoughts on boy or girl yet? :)

@magicwhisper Oh no! I imagine it would be stressful to hear things look wrong from him, but I guess you could tell he was having trouble with it. I would be so glad when the expert stepped in. :haha: I agree; we would like to see those pictures!

Ladies, I finally have my first appointment information. We go next Friday for paperwork, blood work, and an ultrasound! I'll be 10 weeks and 2 days. I just hope all is well. I think that once I see that baby is measuring correctly and has a strong heartbeat that I will relax more. [-o<[-o< Is there anything you think I should know about a first appointment/scan as I've never done any of it before.

hopeful- for your first real thorough appointment they are gonna do blood work, check for std's and infections, do a urine check which will most likely be done every visit, and probably ask brief questions about your medical history and if you had previous pregnancies. then you get your glorious ultrasound! also you have to establish where you want to give birth etc. at least thats how it went for me. and your doctor may also give you a bag of freebies with different sample products inside to try and coupons, but again it depends on the doc etc. and thats about it :)

i hope all goes well! your baby should look similar to my avatar pic. i was 10 weeks in that pic :hugs:

Yay Hopeful! Not too much longer until you can see your little one! I know it will be so reassuring to see them and know they are snuggled in there nice and tight!

I'm not sure if its like this everywhere, but at my first appointment it was exactly like going in for an annual...I'm glad my nurse told me ahead of time or I would have been really surprised! Also know that baby is small and it could take them a bit to find. I didn't have an US at the first one, just the Doppler and it took her about 5 min to find the heartbeat. It felt like a lot longer but she finally found it. So just keep breathing and know its normal to not find it right away. Bigger baby gets the easier and quicker they will find it going forward.

And like aliko said- be prepared to pee at every appointment going forward!

Good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing about it next week!

he didnt say things were wrong he just couldnt find what he was looking for :dohh: bit annoying but it was better when the expert did it cos it only took 20mins then!

@hopeful.....yaaaa for first appt's!!!! So exciting. Can't wait for the update!! Let us know how it goes.

Hopeful, good luck at the appointment next week. We don't get ultrasounds that early in the UK but we get the rest of it. Enjoy it :)

@Hopeful, I've been in third tri for a few weeks now! I'll be 31 weeks in a couple days. Starting to hit that uncomfortable phase. When I'm standing or walking I feel fine, but getting in and out of the car, reaching across myself to buckle the seatbelt, or bending over to pet the kitties is all difficult. DH tried to tell me to try yoga or something to help. Wanted to smack him ;) (not really) it's like he's confusing this basketball strapped to my belly for a lack of flexibility :)
My first appt I was expecting a pelvic and pap and all that other glory, but since I had just had a pap in the last year and a pelvic the month before (where I made him use PreSeed and he thought I was crazy- turns out that weekend we conceived, so joke's on him). I'm in my twenties with only one sexual partner ever (yup, I'm a prude :), they only require me to get one every three years. So, I just had the blood/urine and an abdominal ultrasound. He said that if he would've struggled with the abdominal, he would've done transvag (I was 8.5 weeks). He got all the info he needed with the abdominal, so it was pretty quick and easy. I haven't had to pee in a cup since, the nurse said we'll start that again in the weeks before delivery.
If you do end up with a transvag, they're not so bad (I've had two, one before and after my MC). Just ask them if you can insert the probe yourself. It's a lot less alarming when you know it's coming and how fast you're putting it in. Good luck!

No baby shower here. Mostly because its our third? I'm not sure people throw ones for babies after the first! Unless its been a big age gap.

We decided to find out gender so we are going to do a gender reveal "photo shoot" since my friend is a photographer. We'll open a box of balloons either blue or pink on camera so our reactions are photographed. The earliest we can find out is December 11th but we may wait after that.

Yay for your first appt hopeful! I hope you get to have an ultrasound and see your little bean :)

My mom is planning my baby shower for Dec 8. At this point I dont feel prepared for baby at all, we still have alot of things we need. Im hoping everything comes together after the shower :)

My MIL wants to throw an arrival party after baby is born for my hubbys side of the family...which Is great, but it makes me a little
nervous. It will be the middle of winter and Im not sure how I feel about a newborn being around so many people during Cold and Flu season.

@Kwaggy, maybe MIL could include a nice little line on the invites that says "We want to welcome the new little one with hugs and love, not cold and flu, so if you're feeling ill please plan a different time to come see the new bundle!"
Also just make sure you either make everyone wash hands or use sanitizer before holding.

@Kwaggy, maybe MIL could include a nice little line on the invites that says "We want to welcome the new little one with hugs and love, not cold and flu, so if you're feeling ill please plan a different time to come see the new bundle!"
Also just make sure you either make everyone wash hands or use sanitizer before holding.

Thanks thats a great idea, I didnt know how to say that to people without sounding rude :) I plan to carry hand sanitizer everywhere I go

Kwaggy, if you had your flu shot, she should be protected for about 6 months after she is born as it passed in the blood supply. I'd still recommend hand sanitizer anyway as people are surprisingly dirty anyway.

Excited to hear about your first appt hopeful! Things seemed to move faster for me after ten weeks. Hope it does for you too!

@ALiKO Thanks! You're right; it's the glorious ultrasound that has me excited/nervous. I love your picture and I hope baby looks just like yours. :)

@kksy9b I'm a week away now. :) I hope the week passes quickly without anything to worry about and then I get to see baby. I'm a little nervous about what she might want to do 'down there'. I would also much prefer an abdominal scan instead of a vaginal at this point, but I don't know what she will do. Thanks; I'll try to be patient and not freak if she has trouble locating baby at first. I can't wait to hear your exciting gender news!!

@magicwhisper Oh! I meant how you said he thought he scanned the hand, but it was the foot and wondered why it was the wrong shape. Hopefully he gets the hang of it! :haha: Hopefully you keep getting the expert too!

@chulie Thanks! :) I'm eagerly awaiting your gender reveal too!

@mummy2o I think their practice does it routinely at 10 weeks just for dating purposes. I can't wait! :)

@melann13 I imagine getting in and out of the car is hard. We have a tall vehicle and I already use the hand-thing-above-the-door (?) to pull myself in sometimes so I imagine it will be difficult. I know it has to be hard as your belly gets bigger. Some of my worries about it so far are cutting toenails, shaving, picking things up, etc. I'm also in my twenties with only one partner so I hope that's all they make me do too! I hope she doesn't want to do a pelvic and pap. I'm not looking forward to that at all for pain or possible spotting fears. I never even thought to ask if I could do it if it has to be transvag. :thumbup: I might bring that up. I'm definitely going to insist we try abdominal first. I think it should be sufficient by now.

@daddiesgift I know you weren't sure if you would find out the gender. What helped you decide? I think the photo shoot sounds like a great idea. You might need new things if it's a girl!! :)

@Kwaggy Thanks! :) I hope you have a great shower and that everything comes together soon. Are you in the nesting phase yet? I like the idea of an arrival party, but I totally understand why you're nervous about it. I already try to avoid people when I think they may be sick and I know I'll only be more cautious about it with a baby. Could you wait a month or two just so you can get settled with baby and so some of the cold and flu season will be over? I agree with melann13 about the hand washing or sanitizer. Luckily everyone knows we are both 'weird' about germs already and will expect it.

@RaeChay I really hope it does start moving quicker. I feel like the time has passed somewhat fast so far, but the individual days feel long. 47% !! You're almost half way there! :happydance:

Ladies, I found a list of the latest child/baby safety recalls. It has a list that goes back to 2007. Click here to read.

Since we weren't sure if OH was deploying he convinced me as his last wish before leaving to just find out gender early :haha: now I'm excited! I'd like a girl and feel it is but who really knows! I was pretty sure #2 was a girl and he's all boy! This is for sure last baby for us so trying to do all the fun things I never did in other pregnancies so we thought the balloon idea would be fun.

@Hopeful, I still manage to cut and paint my toenails. I have to do it on the bed though with my feet up, no more sitting on the couch with them up on the table. Shaving "down there" is greatly restricted, I think it was week 24 when I got out of the shower and told my husband that I "couldn't see my privates anymore!"
Tying shoes has to take place with my foot up on a chair. I'm thinking that when delivery gets close I might go get a pedicure. I'd only had one or so in my life, but got one at about 20 weeks and it was wonderful.

hopeful- its so cute and amazing that even as small as they are at 10 weeks you can still see them wiggling around and swaying their arms and kicking their legs.

also anyone else pee really slow? like the flow of urine takes so long to come out? this has been driving me crazy and im gonna go to my doctor soon about it.

The last two days my lower back has HURT. Yesterday I had to breathe through it, all day today it feels sore. Never had this before so early. Don't know if I should call or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->