BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Good luck with the scans ladies!! Hoping to see more genders!!!

@hopeful....we are so excited!!!! My whole family is beyond excited because especially for my in laws. It's been almost 11 years since they've had a boy in their family. My daughters excited too. I still think it's hard for her to understand gender...but she's happy about the baby (or maybe was just happy to have cake? Hahaha)

I have to say..having a girl first..we wanted another girl. We just felt like a girl family. I always said like..I'm not sure what to do with a boy. Lmao. I know that sounds stupid but in my head I could just never picture myself with a son??! Well...cutting into the cake..even though I guessed boy..it was very different actually seeing blue and knowing it's a boy. It was very overwhelming...it took a while to sink in but...I'm already in love with my son. I think this is why I find knowing the gender so important to me. It really does take my connection to this baby to a whole other level....I'm carrying my little boy...my Rowan and I couldn't be happier. DH thought he wanted another girl but clearly having a boy got him. I still can't believe he cried! Hahahaha. So yeah. It was such a beautiful moment for everyone. And to have my family all there to hug and kiss us and congratulate us. It was very special!! Maybe not for your first because you just can't handle waiting but to anyone thinking of a gender reveal party I'd highly recommend it!!! It's magical!!! When I'm home tonight I'll post some pictures from the day.

Congratulations on your boy, Chulie! Sounds like it was a special and memorable day for your family.

Great scan magic whisper!

Beautiful cake and reveal, chulie, I love the idea of a reveal party! Congrats on your boy Rowan!

Congrats on the boy Chulie!

@Hopeful, painting nails is fine, try to keep with "3 free" polishes that don't have formaldehyde and other nastiness in them. My absolute favorite brand is Sinful Colors because they're SUPER cheap (available by me at Target, Walgreens, and sometimes grocery stores) and it you use a top coat they don't chip for a good week (and I'm in a lab where I use my nails A LOT to open tubes etc). Also ventilated area. As for having a pro do it, just make sure it's a very clean place as infections during pregnancy are bad news.
Shaving wise, I still do my legs, although probably not more than once a week (thank you winter pregnancy) and just take my time as balance can be questionable. My bump is VERY forward (I actually had someone come up to me yesterday from my parents church and tell me that from the back she didn't know I was pregnant!- made my day) so I think that helps as I can still see down the sides, just not the middle. And as for "down there" I do pretty well to still get the bikini line.It is also really important to clean well down there, which is interesting when you can't see it. At this point I only wear cotton underwear as the others make me chafe, and I wear liners because of light discharge. I had the plasticy liners and felt like they made me smell, so I switched to the more cottony ones and haven't had a problem. So that's my TMI tidbit for the day :)

Last baby class this week (breast feeding) and then birth center tour next week!

And here's my latest knitting project for LO, a log (hollow to put the animals in) and a forest family of finger puppets. Next up, cardigan.

Attachments

• photo(13).jpg
    photo(13).jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 3
We just got home from the scan! I am joining team :blue:!! We haven't settled on a middle name yet but first name is Charles (after my dad) and I am sure he willl be Charlie when he's little :)

He's measuring a few days behind and they said he has a short femur which could indicate downs. He has no other soft markers however and the blood test came back negative. I tend to think it's a bad measurement (the way he was laying they could only get one femur measured and it wasn't a great shot). Will probably wind up going in a few more times for growth measurements but I feel confident he will catch up or we'll just have a short son. Which would be funny as my DH is 6'5", I'm 5'9" and our 4 brothers are all over 6' :wacko:

KKSY-Congrats! Sorry to hear about the chance for downs but like you said Im sure it was just a bad measure if everything else points to negative. I really love the capabilities of ultrasounds but they can be wildly off!

KKSY-Congrats! Sorry to hear about the chance for downs but like you said Im sure it was just a bad measure if everything else points to negative. I really love the capabilities of ultrasounds but they can be wildly off!

Thanks!!

I really feel like it will be fine since the blood test and other indicators are negative. He's measuring 4 days behind anyways and the doctor said if I ovulated even just a few days later it would mess with their calculations. Will probably go in for another scan in a few weeks. In the meantime I'm not worrying about it and just enjoying the newness of knowing I have a son on the way :)

Wanted to chime in about polish: OPI Polish is great too, also 3-free.

congrats Chulie and kksy on team blue!

Beautiful scan magic!

Melann, LOVE your knitting! So cute.

Here are a few! First is the money shot :haha: i think it took the tech a grand total of 5 seconds from the start of the scan to say "well, i know the gender"... he was wanting to show off or something. LOL

Second photo: baby boy was laying on his left side and they couldn't get all the heart scans needed. So they had me flip from one side to the other and back again ... and when she put it back down.. he was upside down! He started kicking at the top trying to get out of the position :)

The third picture was one of the first ones she did. In the words of my husband "he looks evil in this one" :dohh:

We got a CD with some of the images on it but she didn't add the one where his little fists were by his mouth and he was sucking one of his thumbs! Might have to try and track that one down later on!

Attachments

• Image01.jpg
    Image01.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Image08.jpg
    Image08.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 5
Omg kksy!!! Those are amazing shots! Welcome to team blue! We can strategize on the best plan of attack for "Operation: please don't pee in mummy's face!" Lmao.
I love that face on shot...they do look evil poor things.

My husband has huge eyes and I remember at one of my u/s's the tech was like....wow. This baby has big eye sockets....I couldn't stop laughing!!! I'm like oh you have no idea!!!! She definitely has her daddy's big eyes!

I'm sorry they stressed you out with the measurements. It's SO subjective!!! I'm sure everything will be bang on next time!! :)

Oh and love the name! My DH's name is Charles! It's a condender for Rowan's middle name!!!!

magicwhisper- i noticed you changed your avatar pic haha its so cute. :)

kksy- congrats on your team blue membership! :) baby looks great! and the scan pics are awesome.

hopeful- idk why but i just really feel like its a boy. a few days before my bfp i had a dream i had a son and it just stuck. i have'nt even been picking out any girl names because im so convinced its a boy. :haha:

melann- the knitting you've done so far is so adorable i wish i was more crafty :)

AFM preparing for my scan this weekend (ahh so nervous!) and DH's birthday on the 20th of this month. unfortunately he has an over night business trip that day and will be really business pretty much the entire week so we probably wont be celebrating until that weekend. im planning to make him heart shaped chocolate cupcakes with coffee flavored frosting made from scratch. i'll definitely share photos and let you guys know how it turned out :)

@chulie I bet your husband's family is excited for another boy to pass on the family name! I think everyone is wishing for boy so far for that reason for us too. My husband is the last boy that can pass on the family name. There's no pressure here though. :haha: I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. I think we will do something like a gender reveal just for our parents, siblings, and grandparents. We will look at the scan ahead of time, but make everyone else find out as a surprise through a cake, balloons, or cupcakes. I think my niece will love helping out with that. I've had two nieces for ten years and our only nephew is now one. It's different, but he's so sweet and fun!

@melann13 That's the thing about polishes I read! Do they have "3 free" written on the bottle? I'll look into those because I've been avoiding painting so far. My TMI addition is that I'm wearing liners still. I guess I'm just nervous and I don't really notice that I have one on. Your log and animals are just about the cutest thing I've seen!! That is so precious. I remember you mentioning it. Did you have a design or just do it based on what you wanted? Have fun at your last baby class! :)

@kksy9b :blue: Congratulations on baby Charles! Are you settled on Alexander for the middle name or still deciding? Happy 20 weeks as well! Sometimes they do struggle to get proper measurements. I wouldn't worry much since he doesn't have other markers and the blood test was negative. Those are beautiful scans!

@RaeChay Thanks for the OPI recommendation. I have a few of those. I need to check the bottles to see if they are good. I really want nice toenails! We're waiting on your scan and gender reveal now!! :)

@ALiKO That sounds yummy! Definitely share especially the coffee flavored frosting made from scratch. I hope we get a gender announcement from you too!! :)

One tip for "Operation: please don't pee in mummy's face!" (from having a nephew): keep the diaper folded down over him while getting ready to change diaper because boys tend to pee as soon as they feel the cold air. :haha:

@Hopeful, Some polishes say 3 free on them, but if you just google 3 free polishes, I looked over the lists for polish brands I recognize. Once I saw sinful colors (SC) on there I just stick with that brand. They're only $2 a pop, so I have probably 25 colors :). Just got another yesterday :). I've been using liners off and on since the beginning, now that I'm 31 weeks, discharge is very common. I actually bought feminine wipes yesterday to just make me feel cleaner down there. We had chatted about shaving, and I just got an email from my hospital this morning (I get weekly pregnancy newsletters from them) telling me to stop shaving "down there" for the rest of the pregnancy because of the risk of skin infection and if you end up needing a C-section and they have to shave you, they don't want to be shaving over razor burn etc. Interesting!

Thanks ladies! We are really excited to have a little boy coming! We've told almost the whole family and they are really happy too! Most people thought it was a girl so I think they were surprised it was a boy but still really happy! My oldest nephew on the phone was like "YES!! WAHHOOO" so that was fun :)

Hopeful- thanks! We are not settled on Alexander yet but it's the top contender so i put it in my siggie :)

Chulie- have you heard of the "pee-pee teepee?" A diaper works just as well but these seem really easy to make and can come up with all sorts of designs..i especially like the santa hat pattern I found online :)

Attachments

• TEPE-3025.jpg
    TEPE-3025.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1
My friend in the states had the pee-pee teepee for her boy and wasn't a fan. She said it was fine when he was a newborn, but then he learnt to wiggle and it kept falling off, then it ended up messier than if she just held the diaper up. That is just her opinion though. With my son, I just held his nappy most of the time and it worked, once I got into the swing of things. We had a few accidents where he peed down his cast to begin with (was treating his club foot) then it was fine. Now we're on to learning how to pee standing up. He hates this and prefers to sit down, but a handy skill when out and about with no toilet around. So the only time he managed it, we peed on my dad's leg, who was teaching him. Once in a while even sitting he manages to aim his penis over the toilet seat and get his pants and floor wet. Never his trousers though.

Aliko the cake sounds yummy, please do share the pictures when you make them. I bet he'll love them.

Kksy- that upside picture is so weird!! In a good way :haha:

I'm totally lost on what's up with the nail polish? I am a cosmetologist and was never told to avoid or use a certain kind.

Pee Pee TeePee.. Um no :haha: just keep it covered with a diaper and all will be fine.

Many nailpolishes are going 3 free (some are even 5 free) the 3 refers to formaldehyde, toulene and DBP which are known carcinogens. The fear is that they could be absorbed through the nail beds, inhaled from fumes, or ingested if one bites their nails. It's a minimal fear, but an easy one to avoid if you know what you're looking for. Many brands are 3 free and my SC basecoat is 4 free, which includes Camphor. Many people think about is especially when pregnant since low levels of carcinogens are high levels to a tiny human. Like second hand smoke. In Italy you can get serious fines for smoking near an obviously pregnant woman. Wish we had it here...

LOL.. i figured they didn't work all that well, I just like the designs that some people have come up with :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->