BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

I guess I've been quite lucky as so far I've had two pretty easy pregnancies compared to some. I have to admit DS's has been easier as I was younger and my body just managed better. This time I had a little bit of morning sickness, but nothing compared to most, now I get more backaches than last time and trouble sleeping, but I think that's more with my OH kicking me out of bed! I got more bleeding gums last time, and this time more acne, my hair is growing slower on my legs, but other than that its all pretty good.

i have'nt tried any old wives tales but the chinese gender chart was incorrect for me. it predicted a boy but i am sailing with team pink haha.

those of us who are having girls maybe its the extra feminine hormones thats floating around that is causing not so desirable affects on our bodies such as loads of acne, dry hair, and peekish looks.

i must admit i've always had problem skin but now i am just suffering! my hair seems fine but i need say no more for fear of jinxing it. this might be tmi but i have also been smelly, i have to carry deodorant, baby wipes, body mist or perfume, and panty liners just to stay fresh throughout the day :wacko:. talk about embarassing :blush:.

@magicwhisper Thanks! She didn't cross her legs at all and she had the three perfect lines. I was so happy we could find out. I asked the lady how certain she was and she said very certain. It's routine at my obgyn to have an elective early scan at 15 weeks if desired. I was surprised because they didn't see me for my first appointment until 10 weeks so I thought I would definitely be waiting it out. :)

@daddiesgift Thanks! :happydance: There will be lots of pink bows around here! I'm more than happy to join Team Pink! I wish that some of the old wives tales or the Chinese gender prediction would have been right for me. :haha: I haven't tried swinging my wedding ring over my belly, but I did try the necklace over my hand. Aww! I'm sorry you don't feel you look your best. :hugs:

@kksy9b Thank you so much! The time I spent waiting and being unhappy will always be in the back of my mind, but it's definitely worth it once I got to see baby. We were most excited about having another chance to see baby and then almost equally excited to find out that she's a girl. It's so hard to wait between appointments. :D

@melann13 Thanks! You're right; we are thinking of names now. I revisited our girl list and have decided I don't like most of them now. :dohh: We are testing names out when we talk about her. It might not take long. :)

@ALiKO Thanks! :) I'm not sure if I really wanted one more than the other. I know I really want one of each at some point. I want a boy for my husband and the family legacy (he is the only one to pass it on!). I definitely wanted a little girl too though. I might have been leaning a bit toward girl just because I always wanted a little sister and my niece is like my best friend. My husband also wants both at some point, but didn't really have a preference this time. His parents might have wanted a boy a bit more, but he was saying baby was going to be a girl since the beginning even when the myths were telling me boy. He has said for years that we'll have a daughter and she'll be a mini me. He's thrilled and says she will be daddies girl. :haha:

@Kwaggy Thanks! :) How are you?

@mummy2o Thanks! The old wives tales weren't very helpful for me. My Chinese gender prediction was wrong too. I never did the baking soda test or intelligender. I wonder if those would have been more accurate? :shrug: Happy 28 weeks!

Congrats daddiesgift, magicwhisper and Hopeful on team :pink:!!

hey girlies, i want to start buying clothes and i was thinking to buy a few 3-6 months sized outfits and have the majority be 6-9 months. is this a good idea? i was googling and people were saying newborn size is a waste of money, 0-3 months literally only lasts the first 2 months, from 3-4 months babies are fitting snug in 3-6 months sizes, and by 4 months or so baby is in a 6-9 month size.

im so confused and holding off on buying clothes. i dont want to waste money on too many small clothes.

Best advice I can give is don't go to crazy buying clothes for the reasons you stated. You just never know how big your baby will be or how it will grow. You can also look at tags and see the height and weight ranges for the brand. All brands run different. A size 9 month can be 6 months in something else. Another thing I learned is babies don't need a hundred outfits. With my first I bought so much majority still had tags and he'd outgrown it. Then we passed them down to little brother and still never used it all!

So I learned my lesson :) and this time this is what we are doing... Ill buy a few sleeping gowns in newborn and that's it. Then ill buy lots of sleeping gowns and maybe four outfits in each size. We won't use onesies as we cloth diaper and I find them a pain in the butt so ill buy a few extra shirts for crawling age. I prefer gowns to sleepers because you can pull then up easily in the middle of night and change diaper other than fumbling with snaps or zipper and babies legs to get them in and out. My kids don't go to daycare or anything so there was no need to buy them so many outfits they'd never wear. Babies grow so fast! I saved all the outfits for now since I take my one and two year old out much more than I did at say 3 months. They'll spend most days at home in comfy easy access pjs! That I won't mind getting spit up and poop all over :haha:

Daddiesgift, I agree with you about the clothes thing. I think it's better to spend money on the over 1 year old clothes/toddler clothes, because my daughter has gotten to much more wear out of those outfits, rather than the itty bitty baby clothes that she outgrew in weeks

Hopeful, congratulations on the little girl!!!!! Very excited for you :).

AFM, jet lagged, in America, and so excited to do the gender scan tomorrow. My guess is girl, my husband refuses to guess since it could be either, we will see.

@Ameli Thanks! :) How are you?

@ALiKO I plan to get a few newborn outfits, some 0-3 months, and some 6-9 months. I've already bought some 12 month outfits. :haha: They were on sale and too cute. From experiences with my nieces and nephew they do seem to grow quite quickly. I was always nervous about buying newborn for most people because you never know how big baby will be when born either so I tried to get 0-3 or 3-6. I'll probably see what I need more of after my shower and try to have at least a week's worth of outfits in each size.

@daddiesgift Good points! :thumbup:

@KatyW Thanks! :) I can't wait for you to find out tomorrow!! :happydance:

thanks for your responses ladies i really appreciate it.

well today was a holiday here (the emperors birthday) hubby had the day off so we did some shopping for LO. its costing us a small fortune as i will not be having a baby shower so i am so grateful that we are getting a little help from hubby's parents.

for now i have decided to hold off on buying clothes but i have picked up a few 0-3 month onsies and sleep 'n' plays. so thanks girls you have saved my sanity and my wallet (for now) :rofl:

congrats Katy!
yay!!! i agree with you daddiesgift so much pink this year hooray!

Congrats Katy!
Lots of pink bumps :pink:

Afm- I had another appt with the perinatologist today, babys growth has really slowed down...She has only grown 2oz in a week. At this point they feel it would be better to deliver early because she is not getting enough nutrients from the placenta. I am scheduled for an induction on Jan 2nd, Im sooo nervous thats in 10 days!! Im worried she will have trouble breathing, or be too small to come home...My growth scan today estimated her at Just 4lbs 6oz. I plan on eating everything in sight for the next 10 days hoping it will help her gain some weight.

Aliko: that sounds a good idea. I haven't brought many clothes either yet. Nothing in newborn but a few bits in 0-3. I find lots of people brought me clothes after the birth as presents as it was cheap to post also. I live the other side of England from most of my family so got a lot of vouchers and clothes as it wasn't practical for them to visit as I didn't have the room to put them up either and hotels are expensive in Bristol.

Katy: Congrats on the 3rd pink bump this week!

Kwaggy: Sorry baby isn't growing properly. Even if you deliver today you have a chance of bringing home straight away and not having to stay in the hospital. I think they just want to be safe than sorry so don't think its anything you've done. They can be more in control and in case something is wrong.

AFM: I passed my GTT and the only reason I found out was as I had my whooping cough injection yesterday. The results came back the same day and no one rang. My arm is killing me from the injection though. It feels as if someone has punched me in my arm. So I have a bruise from my GTT which is painless on one arm, and a bruiseless pain in the other. Just in time for Christmas. Midwife on friday though so be good to listen into the heart beat again. I think I've come up with a name also. Kimi Maria or Kimi Louise. Not sure yet on middle name, but I quite like Kimi right now and OH hasn't said he doesn't dislike it so I'll take that as a good sign.

@ALiKO I'm trying my hardest not to spend too much yet. I imagine I will probably spend more the closer I get. :haha: I'll probably save all the big items until close to the end of the second trimester or early in the third. I usually like to purchase things way ahead of time (birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, clothing for others) when they're on sale and keep them for later. That's one reason I really wanted to know what baby was. I plan to look for sales and buy things when I see them even if she won't need it for a year or so.

@KatyW :happydance: Yay! Congratulations on team :pink: Your daughter will love having a sister and they will be at great ages when they're older. How did you tell everyone?

@Kwaggy :hugs: I'm sorry that you didn't get better news. I'm sure they know what they are doing and you will be in great hands. I imagine it's scary to know you will be early. I'm sure it's for the best and that she will thrive once she is out and able to get more nutrients. You're doing a great job! Eat as much as you can and try to relax as much as possible. Baby Dalylah Mae will be here soon and we are pulling for you both! :hugs:

@mummy2o Congrats for passing the GTT. I'm sorry about the pain from the injection though. I like the names. Let me know when you want to officially update the front with her name! It's amazing to hear the heartbeat again. I had an appointment today and we heard the heartbeat again. :D My doctor had to move around to find her and then she moved away quickly once the doctor found the heartbeat and she had to find it again. :haha:

Seeing as how Kwaggy is delivering soon and we have many ladies due in January I thought I would ask if you ladies would like me to start a parenting group as a third companion thread to our group. Of course, like all of the threads, anyone can post there regardless of where they are (ttc, already a parent and ttc, currently pregnant, new mother). I know we all have valuable advice and would love to see pictures and hear updates. :) Do you think that would be a good idea/is it needed? I could wait until after our first delivery or start it earlier. I'd love a place where we can all stay in touch even after baby is born.

AFM We have nearly decided on a name. No one else knows yet! :haha: Baby Emma Amelia

Congratulations on the baby girl Katy!!

Hopeful- I think thats a great idea to start the parenting thread...that way there is support from the beginning all the way through baby being born!

Kwaggy- sorry to hear about the slow growth but the great thing is they are able to keep an eye in her and know when the best time to bring her out is. Enjoy these last few days..soon you will have your little girl in your arms!

Kwaggy, I know it's scary, but you've made it so far, and Meriter is a fantastic hospital if it needed to happen this way. Have fun eating through Christmas!

Kwaggy- ultrasounds are great but guesses at best when predicting things! I went into labor on my own at exactly 37 weeks and the ultrasound that morning showed him 5 pounds. He was born at 7! He had no issues whatsoever and we went home right on time. Don't stress too much they are wanting to be safe rather than sorry but I'm sure everything is completely fine!

Hopeful- I like the idea of a third thread though I'm not even halfway yet :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->