BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Beautiful kwaggy!! Congratulations!

Congratulations Kwaggy! Guess I won't be seeing you at Meriter! She's gorgeous!

Thanks ladies!
So here is my story... I woke up around 3am and thought I wet the bed, I never had a big gush of water Just a slow constant trickle. I was having no pain at all so I was pretty sure I was not in labor. After about an hour or so I phoned the doc and said I thought I might be leaking fluid...but still
no pain. She told me to come in to see if it was fluid...I got to the hospital around 530, and I was feeling great, except for a slight backache. They checked my cervix and said I was dialated 2cm, after that the contractions started. One right after another. I tried really hard to breathe thru them but after about 30 minutes I just couldnt handle it and requested an epidural, the nurse wanted to check me again before she called the anesthesiologist. I cried when she told me I was already dialated to 10, and it was to late for pain meds. By the time the on call doctor got to my room her head was already coming out, two pushes later and she was here! Im still in shock that it happened so fast. I didnt even get to call and tell any family that I was in labor. My hubby was great tho, he even cut the cord :) Im so in love, I still dont believe Im finally a mommy it all feels like a dream!

She's so cute! Makes March feel so far away now! Your birth was insanely quick for a FTM. They do say some women's bodies just know what to do and can give birth really quickly. I hope I get a nice smooth birth like yours.

Kwaggy- wow CONGRATULATIONS! shes BEAUTIFUL! i cant wait until april now when i'll be holding my baby and i hope the birth goes just as easy as yours. hooray! what a way to ring in the new year!

@Kwaggy I'm so happy to hear baby is doing great! :happydance: That's a relief and now you have your precious girl. She has tons of hair! Did you have a lot of heartburn? I wonder if that old saying is true. She is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear more. :D Congratulations!!

Ladies, I plan to start the parenting thread on January 1st!

Congrats Kwaggy! She's beautiful!

I can only hope my labor is two hours! Well lets make it three since the birth center is an hour and a half from me :haha:

Thanks ladies! I had a ton of heartburn, so the old wives tale was right for me :) I have to stay a few extra days, and Im still not allowed to get out of bed because Ive developed postpartum preeclampsia so Im on a magnesium IV, and its making me feel really crappy...but it is definitely all worth it. I hope all you ladies have a speedy, uncomplicated labor :) Hope to see you all in the parenting thread!

Congrats Kwaggy! She's beautiful, enjoy all tiny baby snuggles! I hope your preeclampsia goes away quickly and you are able to go home soon.

Omg kwaggy congrats she's absolutely perfect!!!!!!

@Kwaggy I hope you're able to go home soon. I dread the idea of staying at the hospital a bit. I think it will be harder for me to relax at the hospital than at home. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: How was baby Dalylah's first day? :D

@Hopeful, the hospital where Kwaggy gave birth (and where I will be hopefully soon!) is a World Health Organization "Baby Friendly" rated hospital. Because of this they have even uncomplicated vaginal births stay 2 night after the birth I believe because they go through a fairly detailed list of education with the parents and make sure BFing is well-established (assuming that's the mother's wish). All nurses are also trained as Lactation Consultants.
So, she may be there for a little bit, but I'm actually excited that they'll help me feel confident before I leave. And they only do rooming in there, so at least you don't have to be separated from the new LO!

Hopeful- hospitals act like you have to stay a certain amount of time but you can sign yourself out at anytime. I had my oldest in Germany where I was to stay five days per their policy but my husband had to go back on deployment three days after birth so I obviously couldn't stay 5 days lol. In America I had our second and only stayed 24 hours. This time the birth center says at least four hours then you can go home! I always do great in the hospital or that first week or two its always after that the issues start so places should focus more on after you leave care. That's what doulas are great for :)

Oh wow....sounds like she's in quite the hospital. Good for her!!!!

@Hopeful that was me....with my first I just wanted to be home...in my own bed... I hated the smell, the noises, the nurses...because I had an uncomplicated birth I was obligated to stay 24 hour because they do this blood test on baby to rule out any major diseases...so you have to wait for those results before you can leave...they do the test at 24 hours and I had to sit and wait for the results.....we were packed up and literally standing at the door waiting for the ok to leave. Hahahahaha. I've never been so happy to get home in my life!!!!!!!! We have someone who calls the next day in case you need like...nursing support theirs a breastfeeding clinic you can go visit at the hospital as an outpatient program ect....but ya.....oh man....I was pacing that morning and just wanted to be home!!

Baby Girl is doing great :) She is down 4oz but doctor says thats normal. Feedings are going well, every nurse Ive had so far is also a trained lactation consultant, and they are so helpful. Its been really busy, so many vistors and different medical staff constantly in my room...testing, consent forms, paperwork, doctor visits...way more than I expected during my hospital stay. I thought it would be relaxing, but its kind of overwhelming. I enjoy night time the most, when its just me and her. I should get to go home tomorrow :)

@melann13 That sounds like a nice place! I hope you will be there soon as well! :thumbup: Our hospital allows you to keep baby in room or in the nursery. We will keep baby in our room and my husband will follow baby when she needs to leave the room. Women have to stay two to three nights as well. I think I just dread it a bit because I don't like a lot of attention and will feel a bit uncomfortable. I am looking forward to being at my hospital though because they have a brand new NICU and they have made lots of improvements since it's in the new hospital! :thumbup:

@daddiesgift I'm glad you're happy with the place you will deliver at this time. :thumbup: I hope they are more accommodating and supportive. I know you had trouble with that before. I do think it can be a scary experience at first if someone has not had children or closely raised children before. Sometimes people are too afraid to ask for help and sometimes there isn't anyone to help. Do you plan to stay four hours and then go home?

@chulie I've heard it's quite noisy at times and the nurses come into the room whenever they want and all times of the night. I know it's required at times, but I think it could be a little much. I know I'll breathe a sign of relief once we are home and can finally be alone to enjoy baby. Do you think you'll feel the same way this time?

@Kwaggy The frequent visits of medical staff is probably one of the things I dread. I can definitely see how it could be overwhelming. I'm glad to hear she's doing great! I hope you get to go home! :D

Ladies, I've finally started the parenting thread for our group. I think it will be such a cool thing for us to have a ttc thread, a pregnancy thread, and a parenting thread so we can follow all of the journeys and stick together. You can find the parenting thread here, on the front page, and in my signature.

So exciting Kwaggy.

Hopeful: Here its pretty normal to have your new born tests then go home. Some go home in a matter of hours. However, I was in hospital a week in total. 3 days being induced, 1 day giving birth, 3 days letting DS recovery from jaundice. I was getting really excited on the 6th day saying I could go home, but on the 7th he was going yellow again and I just lost it. I started crying and nothing anyone did would make it better. Then I was the one, who was being the problem according to the staff and upsetting the other ladies. At this point I was thinking, they'll be going home shortly and I'll still be stuck in this god damn hospital. I swear at least 20 people went home in my room on the ward before me and I had my baby first. Thankfully he passed his test and just had to sunbath by the window. Couldn't wait.

Hi ladies, I posted on the TTC thread a while back but became less active on BnB as I found TTC a bit hardgoing but I just got my BFP and would love to join this thread if you'll have me! I have a 2 year old DD and i'm due 12/9/14 with baby #2. We fell pregnant on our 5th cycle TTC :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->