BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

No plans here! Finding a baby sitter is a real pain in the butt. So unless we find someone which doesn't look too promising we'll just hug and kiss and eat chocolate and call it a day :winkwink: we'll both be off work so that's great!

@KatyW Isn't Skype/technology great? :thumbup: You only have 14 weeks left! Wow! Time does feel like it's going quickly.

@daddiesgift Just spending a day together and off from work can be awesome! :thumbup:

It's been so quiet around here the last few day! How is everyone doing?

I am doing well... went last night and picked up the car seat/stroller and a few other things. Spent tonight washing clothes, blankets, sheets etc. Going to put them all away tomorrow night and then spend this weekend trying to get a few more things ready!

kksy9b: I haven't even started washing clothes yet. Then again I still believe I have loads of time although it seems to be slipping away.

Hopeful: For valentines day I am spending time with my two favourite boys at different times. DS has a football (soccer) thing at school which they are making him do, which wouldn't be to bad if he liked football or didn't take a place from a child who is really good at football. I know its inclusion and all but this other boy plays day and night, in the local club etc and my son really has no interest in it and I'm guessing would prefer to be inside. This is weather permitting mind you and with the storms lately I'm not sure if it will go ahead. But Bristol as a whole hasn't been very effected, unlike some of our neighbour. Then a review for his statement afterwards.
Then since its daddies weekend with DS, OH and I were going to go out for a meal. Maybe just a subway as that's what I've been craving non stop! Then snuggle up and watch a film. So nothing very exciting.

AFM normally I'm so excited about a scan, but this time no. Reason being I woke up sick. I'm feeling very sorry for myself right now. However I am running a lovely hot bath which I'm looking forward to and hoping that will perk me up a bit. Normally I would just rearrange the appointment, but its with the consultant afterwards so I feel like I need to go since baby is still breeched and for my own sanity I'd like to know a plan of action.

kksy- wow sounds like your getting so much done! i bought my car seat and stroller also, is'nt this stuff expensive?! especially if your not having a baby shower like myself. thank god OH parents are volunteering to buy the bed.

mummy2o- ahh! subways sounds amazing right now! and fx baby turns soon :flower:

AFM no valentines day plans atm as DH is away on a business trip. he wont be back until valentines day evening so i plan to just run him a hot bath with a few essential oils inside followed by perhaps a nice meal. and we're supposed to have heavy snow over the weekend so yea pretty much no use in making plans. my last appt. baby was measuring good and weighed about 2.5 pounds and feels every bit of it and more. also started experiencing those rib kicks everyone talks about, one word... ouch :wacko:

@kksy9b :) It has been quiet in this thread and the others lately. I wonder if it's the weather, sickness, or what else. Yay for getting the car seat and stroller and for getting things ready! I bet it makes it feel so real and like baby Charles is on his way! :) How's your husband?

@mummy2o I wish they wouldn't make him play if he doesn't want to play. I know schools do try to have inclusion time and sometimes just want to prove that they do, but I can't imagine forcing a kid to do something like that. Hopefully he has some fun if the weather permits. Dinner, snuggling, and a movie sounds wonderful!! I'm all about cozy evenings in. That sounds almost exactly like what we will do. :) Enjoy your bath. I hope you have a great day and get good news at the scan. I'm always a mixture of extreme excitement and nerves on my scan days.

@ALiKO We have had so much snow! :dohh: Next week is supposed to warm up so I'm hoping that it melts it all and we don't get any more this season. :haha: It's such a mess out there and highly dangerous. I hope you have a nice night in with DH. I definitely feel that Emma is getting heavier in the last weeks. My belly has popped for sure. I love it. Does your doctor tell you the measurements and baby's weight or is it in your notes? Mine never tells and I don't actually get printed notes. I might ask her next time.

Hi ladies, just getting over sickness here, am now on antibiotics for sinusitis. I am rarely sick, so it is tough having to slow down and heal. Thankfully, my mom is visiting and has really helped out a lot. Not the most fun trip to Europe for her, but we did manage to get in a little sightseeing, which included a trip to Amsterdam.

Hopeful, it is fun when your belly pops, for sure.

I agree that car seats and strollers are.pricey. I am looking into a double stroller and those are not cheap! Any other moms here recommend a good one?

@Hopeful, my doc measured the fundal height til week 36, after that it doesn't mean much. He didn't give me a weight estimate til week 39, and that was just to say, "I think she's average size, about 7.5 so I wouldn't worry about having a giant baby." At my appt on 41.2 he said that if he had the baby in his arms that day she'd probably be 8lbs. She was born two days later at 8lbs 4oz, so he was pretty on.
Can't believe she's three weeks old already! She's already changed so much! I took this picture a couple days ago, and my avatar was taken at 4 days old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm cheap :) I've never had a problem buying used stuff but really you can look a lot of places and find brand new stuff for cheap. I bought our baby car seat from someone who thought they were having a girl but it was a boy! So I got a brand new car seat that's over $100.. For $25!! I bought our baby carriers from people who tried them once and didn't like, most her diapers (cloth) were bought off BST groups on fb so they are new but way cheaper. We co sleep but we side car a crib to our bed so we are using the crib I used with the boys but I bought it used for $40 and just got a new mattress. Her swing was $30 again over $100 and the mom said her baby cried every time they tried putting her in it! And all her clothes have clearance tags on them :haha: so you can really score at sales and from people's misfortunes :haha: I use local fb selling groups and craigslist.

KatyW- we had this one

Graco DuoGlider Classic Connect Stroller, Dragonfly by Graco https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AHVR4N8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_83m.sb0168GQS

And I liked it but it is heavy. You can lay the seats down so that was great for naps and a matching car seat can fit in back seat. I ended up selling it because it was just too bulky and we no longer needed something so big. It's compact compared to double jogging though.

We have this one now

Graco RoomFor2 Stand and Ride Classic Connect Stroller, Metropolis by Graco https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005VM62QS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Z6m.sb0XXKPN1

LOVE IT! It's so much lighter and compact. It's the size of a single. My 2.5 year old just sits or stands on the sit and stand part and my 14 month old sits in the front. You can see from pics that you can fit baby car seat in front though we never tried since he was in a convertible seat by the time we got this. The only thing I don't like about this is it has to options to buckle in front, around waist and over shoulders around waist. The over the shoulders just takes too long but again wouldn't be an issue with a baby as much as a toddler

AFM- nothing too new really. :haha: tired a lot, heart burn is horrendous, I mean every hour everyday :cry: feeling huge today as I couldn't find any clean shirts to wear that fit. So I'm wearing OH shirt but he's slimmer than me anyways so it's still tight :dohh: bought some maternity pants last night so hopefully that will help me look pregnant and not just fat! Also last night I felt a weird movement, then had a sharp pain and had to get up and run to bathroom and had diarrhea most the night :nope: I feel okay now but that sharp pain is still there :shrug: I thought maybe food poisoning but all I had for dinner was tea and two slices of cheese pizza and I ate no meats yesterday so who knows! Hope to get paid soon so I can buy my car! "Family car" but it's not much bigger than the one we have now! But it will be nice to have two vehicles again. Found out OH will indeed be deploying in May :nope: here's to hoping he's here for birth and I don't lose my mind in a small desert town with three small kids!

@KatyW I hope you feel better very soon. :hugs: It must be hard with a daughter and a baby on the way.

@melann13 She's beautiful and what pretty eyes! :D How is everything going? My doctor measured my fundal height at my 20 week appointment. I was so happy to know I was on target because I hadn't gained much weight at that point. I go next week for my next appointment. I think I might have gained a little this month. I assume if I'm measuring on target and they don't mention anything that she is growing as she should. I just love facts and figures. :haha:

@daddiesgift That's a great deal on the car seat. :thumbup: I love looking at clearance and most of her clothes have been on sale so far as well. But it's great for saving money and getting more at once. Plus you can buy for the other seasons when things are on sale. We bought two fleece outfits for next winter for $2-3 dollars each when they were originally almost $20 together before. I hate to hear that you felt so bad yesterday. :hugs: I hope the heartburn eases up soon too. I hope they change their minds about him having to leave in May. I know it has to be so tough on you.

Ladies, what are your suggestions about car seats? Should I get an infant car seat or a convertible? I've done a lot of research but would like to hear your suggestions too. I don't plan to buy it for another month or two.

@kksy9b :) It has been quiet in this thread and the others lately. I wonder if it's the weather, sickness, or what else. Yay for getting the car seat and stroller and for getting things ready! I bet it makes it feel so real and like baby Charles is on his way! :) How's your husband?

It definitely brings things in to focus on how quickly its coming up! We are working on getting everything ready though and I feel confident we will be ready (as long as he doesn't come too early!). My DH is doing well, thank you for asking. We meet with his surgeon next Wednesday and will find out if he can get it done before or after baby.

How are you and baby Emma doing?

Hopeful- we also debated this. With my first he was in a baby carriage seat till he sat up and crawled around so 6 months we put him in a convertible car seat. Hes still in that same seat! LOVE IT!! With our second again we did the baby carriage till out grew it at literally 5 months old :dohh: hes a big boy :haha: hes in the same convertible car seat.

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-C...2348699&sr=8-1&keywords=safety+first+car+seat

So we debated on starting her off in a convertible seat since we always switch to one anyways around 6 months old. Heres some pros and cons :winkwink:

Baby Carriage

compact
easy to carry around with baby in
fits onto strollers
fits into shopping carts
Keeps a flimsy baby more secure :haha:

Pretty much when a baby is an infant or non mobile these are great for taking out of the car and taking with you so you dont wake baby or baby is too little for stroller on its own. Baby carrying is great but for me its not always practical so the carriage is a great option.

Convertible seat

grows with child. Some even turn into a booster! So its one seat in one.
easier to fit more car seats next to it
better for older children

so IMO I would not start with a convertible. Even though they say from 5 pounds to...its just not possible to make a all in one seat that could fit a 5 pound baby up to 40-80 pounds. The straps and head rest will not go low enough. There are some that are good for infants but they will not be good later on. We wanted to go straight to convertible this time as we dont need a baby carriage to carry around but after much research and asking some friends and seeing infants in convertible seats its just best to wait. :)

Since I had time :) Heres some pics

1st is Dominic when he was big enough for us to go in his convertible seat. About 6 months old.

2nd pic is of Dominic the day he came home from hospital. Even the baby carriage was huge!

3rd pic is Anthony at three days old in his carriage. I learned that they need a little support so I bought a car seat insert that keeps them warm and snug. LOVE THAT THING!!

Fourth pic is Dominic now in his convertible seat. So youve seen how much hes grown :cry:

Last pic is of Anthony side by side with him in his convertible and him in the baby carriage. He out grew it weight and height at about 7 months old!

Yes we got them matching car seats :haha:

Attachments

• dc.jpg
    dc.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
  • dc1.jpg
    dc1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2
  • dc2.jpg
    dc2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2
  • dc3.jpg
    dc3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2
  • dc4.jpg
    dc4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 3
melann- shes getting so big! i really like that little gown/onsie shes wearing with the little purple flowers. i've been purposely buying and trying to find different colors like reds, purples, blues, etc. besides the average pink or green clothing. but i suppose i cant avoid pink forever :)

daddiesgift- wow great tips and even better baby buys! i love hearing from experienced moms. and i also had a sudden weird bout of diarrhea around week 21 or 22 but i cant really recall when but it literally just came out of nowhere and only lasted a few hours with minor cramping and i hadnt had a problem since. it was so weird so im doubtingit was any sort of food poisoning but im not sure. also my heartburn kicked in at exactly 26 weeks. i suffered for 3 days b4 i finally went to the doc for a prescription. hang in there sweetie :hugs: also i really hope your DH can stick around for the birth! FX :flower:

kksy- with DH's surgery im hoping all goes well :flower:

hopeful- i bought a convertable car seat that is for ages 0-4years. it has an infant insert, and adjustable straps to accommodate a smaller baby. it also does a complete 180 degree so you can lay it as flat as you want, its almost like having a bed in the car :)
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/happy45/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0112_zpsdf0c481b.jpg

the stroller i bought is also convertable in a way as you can arrange it as a pram to hold a smaller baby, or a normal stroller for larger kids.
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/happy45/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0131_zps84346b1c.jpg
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/happy45/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0130_zpsf1221368.jpg

i also agree with daddiesgift about the baby carrier/carriage seat. it is very convenient to put on a shopping cart and also keeps baby comfy and settled while you transport them instead of keep having to take them in and out of a car seat but i also bought an ergo carrier to kinda wear baby around while i shop. i bought mostly convertable things to save money.

sorry the pics are so big im not sure how to resize them :blush:

im in a pic happy mood hope you guys dont mind :). this is the view from my balcony and what i woke up to today valentines day morning...
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/happy45/DSC_0201_zps8b621531.jpg
https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/happy45/DSC_0202_zps437ac1d6.jpg

no fun :(. its supposed to snow all the way till saturday so any weekend plans i had are now gone. please stay safe and warm ladies this weather has been crazy. also in my home state of new jersey i heard they may be getting hit with a nor'easter blizzard. ah crazy times.

@kksy9b I hope the surgeon says he can do it before. We're good. :D I love feeling her move. I have another appointment next week. I am being as patient as possible, but I really can't wait until June. :D

@daddiesgift Thanks! :friends: Those are all great points. Thanks for the pictures too! Your boys are so cute.

@ALiKO I try to vary up colors too, but I do like pink too. My sister-in-law got us a little dress and cardigan in January and my husband said that it helped him realize how much pink there would be. (We found out gender in December). I told him she can wear other colors. But every time we shop around he keeps picking up the girly clothes and pinks. He says he wants her to be pretty. :D Thanks for your pictures and advice too! I love having you ladies to talk to. We still have tons of ice and snow left over from last week and we might be getting more today. :dohh: I'm ready for spring!!

Aliko you can't believe how envious I am with you living in Japan. Its like my favourite country in the world. OH and I have made a deal, once we've finished having kids we'll live in Japan for a bit, until we move to the states as that's were he wants to retire! I have a similar car seat to you though, although in pink.

My pram has a small travel cot attached for when she's tiny, but goes up to 4+. I originally wanted a travel system, but my pram was in the sale £400 off, so it really was an offer I couldn't refuse. My conclusion for prams is try them out in store and find one which suits you. Car seats, there is no best one, just don't buy one second hand.

Melann: She's grown so much. Time really goes by so quickly! She's such a cutie pie!

AFM: She turned around so heads down ready to go. However, I told my consultant she will not come on by her due date, but was trying to convince me otherwise. I know each pregnancy and birth is different, but babies in my family always come after their due dates, so I'm not holding my breath. I would rather go by the longest possible date I'll be pregnant and anything before that is a positive. Anyway I'm seeing the midwife every week until my due date now until I see the consultant again. On 38 and 39 weeks I'm getting a sweep, although that did nothing for DS so I'm not holding my breath on that. Then back to the consultant at 40 weeks. I told her, I want a section on my mums birthday which is the 27th March if she's not out by then, I'll be 13 days over due then, as they can't induce me due to a previous section. So we'll see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->