BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Everything is ok. Our baby has a nice strong heart beat. We got to hear it this time :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3
great news athena! glad you got to hear baby's heartbeat and see them on the u/s. i'm sure it is such a relief for you!!

@melann13 Letting baby have more time to mature and gain more control can be a positive for being late. It's great that she can already hold her head up and turn it. :) Yay for great weight loss!! I'd love a piece of cake right now-chocolate to be exact. :haha:

@kksy9b When does the every two weeks visits usually start? She hasn't mentioned when yet. It was such a relief to know that all is well. I feel like I still hold my breath some days. I've heard you can measure 2 cm off and it is normal. I've also heard many ladies say that at a certain point that the measurements are not as reliable. I'm sure all is well. I wish you didn't have to worry about it. Happy 34 weeks!! :happydance:

@athena87 I'm so happy to hear that all is well!! :happydance: What a special picture! Hearing the heartbeat is amazing. :D

I saw an interesting article about a retired lawyer who is traveling around the world. He has a tattoo of the world map on his back and is filling in the countries with color as he visits them. I thought some of you might think it was interesting. Click here to read.

Great scan Athena! Always relieving to hear that sound!

Hopeful- I started at every 2 weeks after my 28 week appointment.

Oirlilflu- I've been thinking about you! How are you feeling? Any labor signs yet? I bet you guys cannot wait to meet your little one and find out if they are a boy or girl!!

Aw that's sweet! You're getting up there too! Hope its treating you well. I've been doing ok really, Yesterday was a particularly uncomfortable day but today is looking better! It's still quite surreal that a real live baby is coming! I'm still team yellow but my DF does know the gender and has since the end of January, keeping a very good secret! For our anniversary I let him find out when we did our maternity pics, he went off and did a few reveal pics with an outfit in a box that I had arranged! The cashier at the kids store thought I was crazy! But it was a lot of fun, I love love love not knowing and he is so happy and feels more connected now that he knows! And soon everyone will know too! Getting a teeny bit impatient!

That's great news athena.

Hopeful: that's a pretty interesting way to record all the places you've visited. although I hate pain, not sure how I'm going to cope with childbirth, so I think I'll take a more traditional approach.

Ourlilflu: Not long now. Do you have any idea what you might be having? I always knew DS was a boy even if he never showed me. It was a nice surprise I will agree.

AFM I have one cheeky monkey. I had the midwife today and all was fine except she couldn't find the heart beat. She moved 5 times whilst trying to locate her! So we then had to go to hospital for to the day assessment unit and they found her first time! I had plans today too! Never mind though, always tomorrow.

cheeky baby!

great news anthea

the appointments came ever 2 weeks from 28 weeks

however much i dislike my midwife for constantly being late, unpleasent and disorganised i love hearing ellas heartbeat.

she is right on track measuring correctly with a strong heartbeat :happydance:

Mummy, I've flip flopped the entire time! I think I'm hoping for a girl but banking that I'm probably wrong! Haha so boy? But I really have no clue.. All my dreams / visualizations have been girl but that could mean anything lol

Wow! He has done a great job keeping it a secret this whole time!! Thats so wonderful that you guys each are getting what you'd like with it :) All my dreams were that he was a girl and turned out to be a boy but my best friend dreamed hers was a girl and was right! Guess you never know!

Double digit days!!! :dance:

I have no idea when I start going more than once a month :shrug: because I live an hour and half away from birth center I'll probably just start going every week from 36 weeks :haha: I seriously HATE driving up there and I don't have too many concerns where I think I should go more than every few weeks

Wow ourlittleflu, good on your DF for knowing the gender and keeping it a secret. And you for not begging him to tell you, i'd be unbearable if someone else knew and I didn't :blush:
Hopeful, I just checked out that link :thumbup: That guy's tattoo is pretty cool, just a shame he hasn't updated recently so we can see how it looks now. How awesome to be retired before 60 aswell, I can only dream! :winkwink:
My 12 week scan is next Wednesday and it can't come soon enough, my 8 week one feels like ages ago now and i'm so paranoid something has gone wrong between then and now. I can't find baby on my doppler (I know it could well be too early though) so I don't have that reassurance yet. I'm feeling OK, not as sick as I was with DD but the nausea is there sometimes. It's easy to ignore and get on with my day though as I don't feel like I want to BE sick. Tiredness is the biggie really, especially as DD doesn't nap anymore and my job is in childcare. So ready for my second tri energy burst lol!

@OurLilFlu :flower: We will soon know- pink or blue! You have strong will not to find out especially since he knows. Keep us updated!

@kksy9b Thanks! :) I guess I'll have two more appointments until they start coming every two weeks. Wow!

@mummy2o I agree! :) I wouldn't get the tattoo, but it looked so interesting. I'm sorry she was hiding from your midwife. These babies will do whatever they want. :haha: I was so glad that she finally turned the other day so we could get the last pictures we needed. She took her time though. :)

@magicwhisper Happy 28 weeks!! :happydance: I'm glad to hear Ella is doing well! I love hearing the heartbeat too.

@daddiesgift Happy double digit days!! :happydance: I can't wait to join you. :D

@Buttercup84 I wish there was some way to keep up with it to see if he updates. Retirement sounds awesome. :winkwink: I'm glad you haven't been as sick this time. I mainly suffered with nausea and no actual morning sickness. I bet it is hard getting enough rest. I remember falling asleep while sitting up watching my shows and I know it must be harder since you're chasing your daughter and working. I can't wait to hear about your appointment! I hope the week flies by for you!

@kksyb
I have heard that measurements can be off- I bet they are being cautious.

@hopeful
Sounds like a great weight gain rate to me. I am sure your body knows best. I already go every three weeks to the doctor but I am sort of higher risk

On the subject of travel, I love it and have been blessed to see a lot from an early age but it wasn't until I was almost an adult until I really got anything out of it. I will probably save our effort and money on taking our kids on international trips until they are much older, because man, traveling to other countries with babies and toddlers is so tiring. I have done a lot of that. We Wil stick to Disneyworld when we move back to America, ha

Heading to the doctors this afternoon to meet with my DHs surgeon. Really really hoping we get news that he can have the surgery in the next 2-3 weeks. Otherwise we will have to wait until after the baby comes and neither of us wants that. Will keep you guys updated!

Congrats ourlilflu. Not long now.

I'm kind of sad right now. My cousin just posted on facebook her 12 week scan photo and I feel sad that I'm almost at the end of mine. She could appear any day now, but hoping to go over due and give birth on the 27th March as its my mums birthday. OH asked me when we could try for another. I'm not sure how big an age gap I want, but I know 7 years is just far to big this time round!

Thanks for all the lovely comments! He's kept it a secret for almost a month.. Doesn't bother me one bit, remember I had to have the envelope from the U/S tech in my purse from 28 weeks til 37 weeks when we did the pics! No temptation! We got our pics last night I really want to see his reveal pics, not to find out but to see his reaction! I'm sure they're adorable!!

Hope everyone is well! Counting down!

@KatyW I totally understand not wanting to travel internationally until the kids are older. They really will get more out of it when they are older too. I'm thinking of taking our first trip (only a state away) in the summer after Emma turns one. It's a place we've gone to a lot with our nieces and family and I'd love her to go too. I'd be excited to take her and my youngest niece. As for the weight gain, I was surprised that I gained five lbs just in the last month, but not too surprised as my hunger is back again. I hope my body knows best and is doing what needs to be done. :haha: This is when baby is supposed to be putting on the weight too! How are you?

@kksy9b I hope you get good news and that they can get him in as soon as possible. :thumbup:

@mummy2o :hugs: I'm sorry you're feeling sad. I think it can be sad to get to the end of pregnancy because you lose that connection and can miss the movements. All will be better once you are holding her though. :D Do you plan to start trying again soon or will you wait to decide?

@OurLilFlu You'll have two special surprises when baby comes as you'll get to know and see his reactions. It's exciting! :D

AFM I had my appointment today. All was well and baby's heartbeat was amazing. I'll have to take the GD test at my next appointment. I'm not looking forward to it. :dohh: The big celebration of that day-beyond hopefully passing it-will be that I'll be starting third trimester as well. :winkwink: AND I'm 24 weeks today!!!! :happydance: I've been waiting for this milestone for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->