BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Afm my nurse called. I am so angry with them. She starts out with your levels weren't exactly where we want them and my heart sank and I was like well what were they and she says well they were 400 on wed and they were 766 on Friday and I was like oh. Well the lady in the lab told me since it wasn't at the same time it wouldn't show accurate doubling and she tried to tell me that that doesn't matter. So you're telling me over the 5 hours between I wouldn't produce more hcg dh was like your not worried and I was like no they are stupid. The beta calculator says I'm doubling every 45 hours.

Penny - Glad you are feeling more calm now. It's definitely hard to stop worrying in the beginning. Glad your numbers are doubling and hopfully they'll be able to see more on Wed. even a few days this early can make a big difference.

Athena - Those numbers sound good to me. Sorry the nurse was not very encouraging.

afm - Just got back from our vacation. It was nice to get away for awhile and see everyone again. First night was a bit rough, horrible headache and nausea. Lots of laying in bed and running to the bathroom to throw up. Luckily felt decent the rest of the trip, mild/moderate nausea most of the time. It was great to not feel like I was a slacker for not getting all the chores around the house done and have someone else do most of the cooking! Excited that it is February, now just to wait until the end of the month for my first apt. Hopefully it'll go quickly.

Those numbers do sound fine Athena. I don't know why nurses this week are so insensitive!

And thank you Kalush. I just don't feel very pregnant still. And last time, for me, I just knew I'd miscarry. Nothing felt right. So I just want to feel the hormones!

@pennymarie I completely agree. I usually pull for one team over another, but I usually say the team who wins deserves it if it's a good game. I wish it had been more competitive too. It seems the big games are never as fun as just regular games. I'm glad you have been able to calm down. :thumbup:

@KatyW Happy 25 weeks!! :happydance: How are you?

@athena87 That's nearly double. I wish they wouldn't worry you or that they were more sensitive. I think that's a great rise. :flower:

@Kalush I'm glad you had a nice time away and got to relax and not have to clean and cook. :thumbup: I hope your nausea eases up soon. Did you have a lot with your daughter? I can't wait for your appointment. I hope the time passes quickly for you. :)

Hi Hopeful, thanks! I am good, just getting over a yucky cold, but otherwise feeling good and getting big. My doctors appointment went well the other day, cervix still normal length (yay!) and everything else looks great. Put on a good amount of weight for this point in pregnancy (at least 10 kg so far), but this is how it was with my daughter, annoyingly my doctor mentioned it (they took my blood pressure twice to make sure it was normal, which it was, 110/70). It is a pain to be eating salads, Greek yogurt, other nutritious foods, etc. and avoiding desserts, and still getting comments about weight gain at the doctor's office, but I refuse to deprive myself or baby due to worries of gaining "too much" weight. I definitely get that gaining too much or eating excessive sugar, etc., isn't good, and risks of pre- eclampsia or gestational diabetes perhaps increase with more weight gain, but I think some people need to gain more than average. Sorry, rant. Ha!

Kalush, I hope your nausea eases up.

@Katy I totally agree! My doc mentioned my weight once. The nurse practitioner always said it was fine. I ended up gaining about 35lbs which was high since I was technically "overweight" prepregnancy (over the cutoff by 2lbs), but I'm 12 days postpartum now and down about 28lbs just from nursing and swelling goin down. I know I'll need to exercise to get toned, but it's clear tht most of the weight was purely pregnancy.

Wow..that is awesome Melann!

I was always told 25-30 pounds... I gained 40 with each boy. With my first I lost 20 AT BIRTH! :haha: and only 7 of that was baby :winkwink: with my second I only lost 10 at birth and he was 8 pounds 13 ozs! I totally got jipped that time! :dohh: but overall I lost all of it within a few months and that was with little to no breast feeding. I think you should be conscience of what you eat but not obsess over your weight. This time I was told the same 25 pound gain and I'd love to stick to that but I know me and my history and 40 is more the norm.

@KatyW I wouldn't worry much about weight because you know what your body needs and what it can do! This is especially true because you are eating healthily. I don't really think that everyone is the same and would base it more on overall health and well being. :thumbup: I'm glad your appointment went well and that your cervix is still normal.

@melann13 Congrats on the immediate weight loss! :D How's Felicity?

@kksy9b Happy 32 weeks!! :happydance: OH! You're getting so close!

@daddiesgift I think it's amazing how women's bodies can jump back so quickly. That's probably a credit to being conscience of what you eat. We can't help if we are hungry, but we can control what we eat. But-it's okay to indulge sometimes! I'm sure your body knows what it's doing and you'll bounce right back again. :thumbup: Are you feeling any better?

@pennymarie Good luck at your appointment today. I hope they are able to tell you more and that everything is good. :thumbup:

AFM My doctor said to keep it around 20 lbs. I had gained 6 lbs. by 20 weeks. I'm interested to see what it is at my next visit. I do think I'm at the point when my belly is starting to show quite a bit more. The nurse asks how tall I am each time after she weighs me. (She writes weight/height/blood pressure/etc. on a sticky note). :dohh: I'm 5'3-5'4 and an average/slim build. I guess they suggest it because of my height, but it does irk me a bit. However, none of them have said anything about my weight yet and my fundal height was on target at the last visit.

Just a quick update from me really. Getting very uncomfortable now with lots of pressure down below and making it harder to walk. Totally normal though so that's good. As of yesterday she's still breeched, which is bad, but there is still time so no one is that worried yet. She hates having ultrasounds and heartbeat checked and tries to protest as much as possible, its kind of funny. You can see her kicking away and trying to hide from the wand/probe things. But other than that all good.

Mummy: hope everything and everyone stays great and healthy! She'll get into position soon I bet. Maybe explain to her it's important? And be nice to the probes and wands? Though I wouldn't like them either

As for me, can't sleep. I don't even know what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm so scared they're going to brush me off and say "oh no, we do all the serious stuff for actual pregnant people at 12weeks, you have I wait."

@mummy2o I'm glad that all is good. When do you go back to check on her position? Do they check by feeling your belly or by ultrasound? Emma tends to hide sometimes. She turned and refused to flip off her belly at my last ultrasound. :haha: Try to get as much rest as possible.

@pennymarie I hope you were able to get some rest. I really hope they do whatever they can to ease your mind. :hugs: I know they're afraid of checking ultrasound and heartbeat early because you can't always see or hear something until a certain point which might make you worry more even if all is good. But I hope they do something to make you feel better. Will they check your betas again?

They better! And my progesterone levels. Or I'll eat her

SO. Louisiana bureaucracy make no sense. Repeat. NONE.

I woke up late to appointment by 5 min but thankfully live 7 min away from appointment. So I stroll in about 15min late which means I had to wait a bit longer. Then by the time they call me, they say they can't get a hold of my insurance and could I call because they claim it isn't active yet which makes NO sense.

So then I was on hold which insurance for over a hour just to be told in the end that this part of the insurance hasn't kicked in yet even though we called when we informed them of my pregnancy etc. which was week ago.

And even though I'm going to get approved for it because maternity care is automatically okay, someone has to review it. I asked if someone could just look at it now or send a fax to the dr office. They said they couldn't. I asked to speak to supervisor, and they said it wouldn't work. I begged to just try. Tried explaining I really needed those tests today to make sure the baby is okay and started crying so she transferred me to her boss and the boss hung up on me in the midst of me giving my info. I'm positive it was a mistake, but I'm not very rational.

So no doctors appointment until they call me back with info

I'm in bed and give up on today.

Oh penny, that's awful! So sorry. I hope tomorrow is better.

@pennymarie That's horrible. :( Is there another office you can go to at all? It seems that they would see you and then just let the insurance pay afterwards. That's what my place did before everything was squared away. That really sucks. Will they contact you when everything is ready?

@daddiesgift Happy 24 weeks!! That's V day and only 12 days until double digits! :happydance:

Hi ladies! I haven't been posting recently but have been keeping up with the thread.

Penny-sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your doctors office. I hope things get worked out quickly so that you can get the answers you need. I agree with Hopeful- is there another office you could try getting into?

AFM, things have been going pretty well. We finished a remodel of our bathroom/kitchen/bedrooms in January. We moved the nursery furniture in and are in process of getting it set up. I have another shower this weekend. Afterwards will go and get everything else we need. Looking forward to having everything set up and ready to go!

A question for mommas who cloth diaper...is there a specific brand or kind of cloth diaper that you found better than another for a newborn? There is so much information out there and it's a little overwhelming. I think I'm going to get a few of each...pockets AIOs, prefolds/covers and see which is better for us but would love any insight!

The other big thing is we found out my DH has to get a pacemaker put in. He has a genetic heart condition . He was diagnosed at 15 and in the last couple years has been getting worse. He's now at a high risk of sudden cardiac arrest. We are kind of relieved he is getting it just because it will protect him but neither of us thought we would be dealing with these challenges at 26. Hoping he can get it done before the baby is born. Meeting with his doctor on the 19th and will schedule the surgery time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->