BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Yay to 24 weeks and i hope the test goes ok!

I had my anti d injection today i thought it would bworse but i was nervous as hell but it wasnt bad. It helped a lot that i had my friend there to distract me

Happy V-Day Hopeful!! It's such a wonderful milestone to hit!

We had my DH's appointment today. We are going to go back in 3 months once his surgeon and cardiologist speak and make their official recommendation. He will definitely be getting a device put in, but there are a few more options getting ready to be available in the next month or two. With him being so young, these other options may give him greater flexibility (ie being able to get an MRI scan later in life) than just the traditional defibrillator. Lots to research and consider now that there is more available to us so we are going to wait for after baby to get anything done:)

@magicwhisper Thanks! I'm glad your friend was able to distract you while you had the injection. Sometimes thinking about those type of things make me feel more nervous before actually doing them. I'm already slightly irritated with the idea of having to give blood after the GD test. I know it's easy and I've done it, but I wish it was more of an instant thing and that the nurse didn't have to keep the needle in so long. The pressure is what bothers me. :dohh:

@kksy9b Thanks! :D Perhaps some of those other options will be better in the long term. Hopefully it'll be easier to consider in three months as well instead of just as soon as Charles is here. You will have a routine by then and hopefully it'll be easier on all of you. Maybe it's a more advanced treatment/solution and might not take as long to recover from. That would be better too. Will your husband be able to function easily until then?

Thanks Hopeful! Recovery time isn't that bad- overnight in the hospital, can't lift anything for a week and then can't lift arm above head for 4-6 weeks. He wouldn't be able to use some machinary ever again (ie welding equipment) but otherwise lives a normal life. His condition puts him at risk for sudden cardiac arrest/death due to the thickness of his heart muscle. Unfortunately there is no way to predict if/when this might happen. The device would be an insurance policy to make sure of it did, he would be shocked back to life. Since he is so young though, there are other factors to consider when deciding which type of device to get.

@Hopeful, many people will say not to prepare for the GD test but I say it's worth it. Just a 2hr fast before the test can help prevent a false positive. I had eggs toast and orange juice(healthy breakfast right?) about an hour and a half before and I failed by 1pt. The three hour test is 100x worse. I passed that one by large margins, and the phlebotomist said that my carb breakfast (complex in toast and simple in juice) probably screwed me over. She said that they used to tell people to do the 2-4hr fast, and since they stopped a lot if people fail the 1hr test. She figured they're trying to catch people on the fringe, but if baby size, your heart rate and weight are good, there's no reason to think you actually have GD.

Ya definitely no to OJ before your GD test! I stuck to protein and veg for that breakfast and passed

I just did toast and water and had no issues! Good luck with it! I had expected it to be much worse than it actually was.

My test is early in morning so I'm considering just not eating before. With my oldest I didn't know I was having that test and at that office wait time was loooong so I hit up the bakery and bought two chocolate croissants, a Mars bar and A mezzo mix to drink (its a German soda of orange soda and coke mixed AMAZING) :haha: I still passed test but boy did I feel sick! I was more active then but heavier so I'm hoping ill so fine this time. I had no issues with my seconds test.

@kksy9b :hugs: I'm so sorry that you both are having to deal with this. I hope they come up with the best plan possible.

@melann13 Thanks! :) I do want to prepare for it. I really don't want to fail or have to do the three hour test. Did you prepare for days ahead of time by watching meals or just by fasting in the morning before?

@daddiesgift Oh no! I'd hate for it to be a surprise test! :dohh: My appointment is around 9 am. I hope that I can get up early in the morning and have something and then not eat for 2-3 hours before the test.

I really lucked out with the appointment/test date and time because it's my niece's birthday and I would have hated if the test was the next day and I had to be super aware of everything I ate. My husband and my birthdays are also in March so I know we'll be having lots of dinners out. :haha:

Ladies, Do you have any specific suggestions of what I should eat in the days leading up to the test and/or the morning of the test?

I just watched my sugar for the 2 days leading up to it. still ate normal meals but opted out of desert (i dont eat it often to begin with). i will say i was glad to have had something on my stomach (ate some toast with nothing on it about 30 minutes beforehand). Otherwise I'm not sure if I could have kept the drink down for the first 15 minutes or so after drinking it.

@Hopeful,for the 3hr test I are a good amount of complex
Carbs for the couple days before. You don't want to Lower carb intake and cause your body to slow insulin production, then when you flood it with the orange drink, your body won't react quickly.

In the UK we only do the 2 hour test and was told not to eat/drink 12 hours before and only water afterwards. So nothing really special to eat and just do your normal diet prior to it. Although it does make you pick healthier choices.

AFM I felt guilty letting OH taking DS to the hairdressers as its normally a mummy and son event, but I just can't walk all the way to the bus stop then to the hairdressers then home. I can barely get around the house! 3 weeks left, so not long left. OH is still adamant on no birth control, but its not him who has to be pregnant for 9 months!

Its getting so close daddiesgift! You and ourlilflu are next next I think. Any labor signs yet?

@kksy9b How bad is the drink? :dohh: The nurse described it as flat Sunkist or Tang. I imagine the sugar rush will bother me a bit because I don't often have things with much sugar either. I hope it doesn't make me sick. I tend to get a little nauseous in the early mornings especially if I don't eat enough. I'll try to eat early in the morning and then nothing else for 2-3 hours before.

@melann13 I'll try that then. I'll look up good ideas with complex carbs. Thanks! :)

@mummy2o Don't feel bad for not taking him. I'm sure he had a good time. I can't imagine walking that much while only three weeks away from birth! You're getting so close! :D

No labor signs for me! But I'd be a tad concerned if I did :haha: I have Braxton hicks all day everyday but they aren't painful. Hip pain has started so finding a comfy position at night isn't so easy. I had this in prior pregnancies too where I'll feel so heavy in the crotch like I was kicked! Maybe my babies always lay the same way or something. I feel like she's trying to dig out. My cervix with literally feel like it's being scratched. Maybe that's why my crotch hurts :haha:

@daddiesgift I get some hip pain/discomfort after being on one side for too long and have to turn over. It can get uncomfortable. :dohh:

@kksy9b I think you meant mummy2o and not daddiesgift. :winkwink:

:dohh:yes, i did :blush: that's the problem typing on a phone... i read through the posts and then by the time I get to typing I get everything jumbled and it's hard to go back and double check... lol

Hehe no worries kksy9b. No labour signs for me yet, but DS was late by 16 days and with 4 inductions. So if she follows suit I've got still a month to wait. I'm secretly hoping she'll make it until the 27th March as its my mum's birthday and would love for them to share a birthday. My mum would to. I even told the consultant I want a section that day if she's not here. Minus not being able to move and rolling over in my sleep can pull all sorts of muscles I never knew I had its not a terrible 3rd trimester. I'm not peeing loads so that's a plus side.

Hopeful: I think OH taken him to places has done wonders on their relationship. They are getting on better than before and DS is starting to say good night to him and even kissed him the other day! He even wanted him to dress him today. So its all good.

Can you believe it?!?

Attachments

• 1941501_10152206822474099_502261566_o.jpg
    1941501_10152206822474099_502261566_o.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member