BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

I've spent the weekend getting things and thoughts together for baby. Kinda.. :haha: I woke up this morning feeling so ill prepared like I have nothing done!!

Melann, Oh she's cute! That a great milestone to hit that one month old point.

AFM, doing well, doctor's appointment on Friday went great, cervix looks nice (haha, my doctor's words), Blood pressure fine, no infection, got bloodwork/urine sample done so hopefully that is okay. Hitting the third trimester, and feeling pretty good, dare I say? I think the stretching and rapidly growing belly feels easier the second time around, I remember feeling enormous last pregnancy, but it was probably the feeling of my skin stretching.

Yay on hitting 24 weeks, Hopeful :)

Good luck to the ladies at that full term point, well done, anytime now.

@mummy2o I'm glad the 3rd trimester is going so well for you! I already dislike rolling over in bed sometimes. I hope it doesn't get too bad as I continue to get bigger. I'm so glad he is spending more time with him and taking him places. I'm sure it creates a special bond and it will definitely help once the baby is here too. :D

@melann13 Happy one month to baby Felicity!! :happydance: It seems we were waiting so long for her and it's already been one month! I really like that dress. :)

@Ameli How's everything? I hope Abigail and you are adjusting to your work schedule. :D

@daddiesgift It looks like someone is about to hit 3rd trimester!! :happydance: I really need to get on things soon too.

@KatyW I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well and that your cervix is good. :thumbup: I hope you continue to feel good and that the 3rd trimester is the best yet! :D Happy 28 weeks!! :happydance:

You can break up the trimesters evenly if you want to be exact (i tend to be pretty precise lol)

End of 1st trimester: 13+2 8:00AM
End of 2nd trimester: 26+4 4:00PM
End of 3rd trimester: 40+0 12:00AM (obviously it ends when baby comes!)

hey ladies been MIA but still lurking around.

melann- congrats shes gotten so big its amazing. and so chunky and cute i see shes enjoying her milk :)

daddiesgift/katyW- congrats on the 3rd tri! wow time really is flying! :flower:

hopeful- your soon to be 25 weeks and in double digits how exciting :happydance:

the timing of the trimesters are so confusing and i just never understood it. when i was 12 weeks i thought it was the last week of the 1st tri but then i saw that it was 13 weeks some even said it was 14 weeks. its just so confusing.

U.S. standard:
Your First Trimester:
1st Month = Weeks 1,2,3,4
2nd Month = Weeks 5,6,7,8
3rd Month = Weeks 9,10,11,12,13
Week 1 till end of week 13

Your Second Trimester:
4th Month = Wks 14,15,16,17
5th Month = Wks 18,19,20,21
6th Month = Wks 22,23,24,25,26
Begin week 14 till end week 26

Your Third Trimester:
7th Month = Wks 27,28,29,30
8th Month = Wks 31,32,33,34,35
9th Month = Wks 36,37,38,39,40
Begin week 27 till Birth

the above chart ^ is what i went by but here in japan they count pregnancy as 10 months which in technical terms would make sense if a month is 4 weeks then you'll have 10 even months.

Japans chart:
1st tri:
month 1= wks: 1,2,3,4
month 2= wks: 5,6,7,8
month 3= wks: 9,10,11,12

2nd tri:
month 4= wks: 13,14,15,16
month 5= wks: 17,18,19,20
month 6= wks: 21,22,23,24

3rd tri:
month 7= wks: 25,26,27,28
month 8= wks: 29,30,31,32
month 9= wks: 33,34,35,36
*month 10= wks: 37,38,39,40

in japan they they give you a 40 week estimated due date but consider you fullterm at 37 weeks. sorry ladies for the long spill on this topic. :blush:

@kksy9b I still think it's cool that you figured the trimesters out evenly like that! Happy 35 weeks!! :happydance:

@ALiKO Thanks! :friends: I'm so excited to reach double digits!! :D I've been counting down. It's cool to see how other countries classify the trimesters. I just always assumed every three months was a new trimester before I started ttc and learning about pregnancy. I never thought much about specific weeks/milestones and how there is technically a 10th month. :haha:

AFM I've noticed baby Emma's big movements much more lately. I think it's because she is finally starting to move up and is gaining weight. She is showing big movements on the outside now. She did like hiding down low until the last week or so. It made it difficult for me to see those movements because they were mainly on the underside of my belly when sitting. :haha: I'm going to be making a do-it list here shortly and I plan to give myself/husband/etc. until the end of March to complete most of the things.

For you FTMs, there are a couple things we use all the time that I highly recommend...
Halo Sleep Sacks- we have fleece ones, the hospital gave us one, we have two more... one of them the "wings" come off, and I use them during her naps so that her startle reflex doesn't wake her. They're AMAZING! I used them as a template to make an extra set for the daycare to have too. She sleeps much more soundly. https://www.halosleep.com/sleepsack-swaddle/
Baby leggings are great for days at home for her to wear with onesies. Makes diaper checks and changes fast and they work from 8-35lbs which is great because her legs are longer than NB sleepers, but she still fits in the onesies.https://www.babyleggings.com/ Don't pay full price. Motherhood maternity had a code to get 5 pairs for FREE, just pay the $12 shipping!
Also, at this point the baby bath tub was a waste of money. We used it once and she screamed the whole time. My mom said that they just took me in the shower. DH gets in, I hand her in to him (he keeps his back to the shower so the water doesn't pound her, but runs over his shoulders onto her) and I reach in the back of the shower and wash her with a washcloth. It may sound crazy, but it works so well, she seems to love it, absolutely no crying. It also means bonding for DH and LO. Obviously just being careful with a wet baby... which is why we do it together, he just focuses on holding her. Maybe we'll use the tub in the future, but probably not. We bought a cheap one $10, so I'm not that concerned.
Finally, the Wubbanub! This is our most recent purchase. At first I thought we weren't going to use pacifiers at all due to BFing, but she BFs like a champ but likes to suck while falling asleep. She uses the AVENT Soothie (which is what the hospital gave) but when she's falling asleep it falls out when she stops sucking. I found myself holding it in for AGES and it was awful as I'd drift off, it would fall out and we'd be awake 10 minutes later. The Wubanub helps it stay in her mouth even when she's not sucking. It's not foolproof, obviously if she spits it out or tosses her head it's gone, but for the most part she was just losing it when she'd drift off and this stops that. Available on Amazon. https://www.wubbanub.com/
We use the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper as well, which gives me so much peace of mind and great sleep!

No I'm not being paid by any of these companies, just things I thought might be helpful!

We found the baby bath a pain too, I found it easier to bath a small baby in the sink and then graduate to a bath support in the normal bath. That's what we'll be doing this time around :thumbup:
We loved the baby sleeping bags with DD, I like the ones you posted though Melann for the early days. Think we might invest in one :thumbup:
My most useful buys for the early days were: Car base for the carseat (so handy to quickly put the carseat in especially with my winter baby!), loads of muslins/burp cloths, Lansinoh nipple cream, some newborn rather than just 0-3 clothes (DD was a big baby at 9lbs 4oz and the 0-3 was too big even on her for the first week or so. It was nice to have some clothes that fitted in that early curled up stage) and the Fisher Price rainforest playmat :)

Yes buttercup, car seat base was a must. The newborn clothes only fit Felicity for about 2 weeks, although some of the onesies still fit as well as the kimono style Tshirts which are nice before the umbilical cord falls off. I loaded up on receiving blankets because everyone told me how much I'd use them. I don't. I mean, I have one nice waffle knit one (from the hospital) that we use in the carseat, and one fleece one that I wrap around her legs in the bassinet (since the sleep sack puts 3 layers on her top half). But all the cotton ones that are called receiving blankets in the store aren't big enough for swaddling, they're not absorbent, and I just haven't found a reason why I have 10 of them.
There are some $$ swaddles from the brand Aden and Anais, and I got a 3 pack of beautiful ones from a friend. They are solid colored and patterned. I have come to LOVE these for going out with her because I wear it as a scarf and it doubles as a burp cloth and nursing cover. I have an UdderCover, but so far have found it awkward and a scarf or light small blanket is easier.
I also have some cloth diapers that I use as burp clothes and munchkin changing table liners. These are both things I would have had more of. I have a burp cloth in her room, on her bassinet, in the diaper bag and one in the living room. They absorb much better than receiving blankets. https://www.target.com/p/gerber-new...sku=13574459&gclid=COSW7eOc6LwCFajm7AodoC0A6Q https://www.target.com/p/munchkin-w.../A-14323622#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=munchkin
Agreed on the Lanisoh.. I don't use it anymore and probably didn't need such a large quantity, but it was a MUST in the first two weeks. I also needed breast shields to keep my clothes off my nipples sometimes. The hospital gave me those though.
We have a playmat too that we use, and a bouncy seat, which is a convenient place to set her in the bathroom while I shower and DH takes her downstairs and works out on our rowing machine with her next to him. He says she works out too batting at the toys :) https://www.target.com/p/fisher-pri...sku=14297076&gclid=COn2jrqe6LwCFTBk7AodHAQAtA

I love the Aden and Anais big muslins/swaddling blankets, I didn't have any with DD but i'm going to buy some for this baby. I'll probably go for the Summer branded ones that are cheaper though! I totally agree that most of the receiving type blankets are too small to do much with and you don't need very many of them, they seem to be something everyone gets a lot of as gifts too :dohh:
I really liked the bouncy chair (we have one nearly the same as yours Melann, just a different theme) and have kept DD's for this baby. We also had a swing for her which I sold as she didn't care much for it and I hated how much space it took up (our home isn't very big so one thing for baby to sit in is enough really!) I know others swear by them though.
I didn't have a breastfeeding cover for DD, though I never actually ended up feeding her in public anyway. I thought if I did this time (hopefully!) a muslin or similar would do the same job :flower:

@melann13 Thanks! Those sound like great products. I'd love to hear more recommendations over time. :thumbup:

@Buttercup84 Thanks for your recommendations too! I'm slowly adding things to my registry and it's nice to hear what you ladies found/are finding useful. :thumbup: I spent a lot of time with my nieces when they were babies because their family lived with me for a long time, but it's been years since they were babies so it's nice to hear ideas. :winkwink:

Both my boys loathed being swaddled :haha: I had a halo sleep sack that you could wrap arms out and that worked but arms in was a massive melt down :dohh:

Agreed about baby bath tubs. I just took/take baths with them. Now that both sit up fine they bathe together more than anything. As infants hubs or me just took bath with them.

I love baby gowns. Especially early days when they poop every meal and in middle of night you can just pull gown up instead of un snapping or in zipping and getting legs out/in. They are my must have! I'm far too lazy in the middle of night to do a ton of work :haha:

Co sleeping was a must. I got sooo much more sleep that way.

Gas drops!! Total must for us. Legs kicks and belly rubs just didn't cut it all the time but a few drops and the gas would be flowing!

When they are older a jumper is awesome. (Hubs told me to say that :haha:)

And teething necklaces!

@daddiesgift, I've been wanting a teething necklace! DH did get me a beautiful necklace as a "mommy present" it's from uncommon goods and it's a little metal birds best with a blue egg/stone inside. I study birds, so it's highly appropriate. Plus when Felicity is hungry I lovingly call her angry bird because of the way she pecks at my chest before I'm ready to feed her :)

@daddiesgift Good points! :flower: I think I need to invest in some baby gowns. I can't wait until we go to the actual store to register for things. I've already made an online registry, but it will be fun to see/pick things in real life too.

@melann13 That sounds like a lovely necklace. I didn't know you studied birds. That sounds cool. :flower:

Does anyone have any suggestions on nightlights or a preference between wall lights/a small light that you can sit on a dresser/lights that come from toys?

AFM I'm trying to decide if I want to get a 3D scan. I always thought I would and think it is so neat. However, we're not sure. March is the optimal time for me to go so I really need to decide soon. I would definitely have it done if they did it at my doctor's office, but I'm not sure I want to go somewhere else. One reason we are not sure is because my husband feels a bit uncomfortable since it won't be at the office and another is because she was tucked and hid for most of my 20 week scan and 24 week follow up scan so I'm not sure how well she will show her face anyway. Any pro/cons?

We opted not to get the scan done. Early on I wanted one but by the time it came around to get it done, we could just sit and watch him dance in the belly for an hour at night and that was enough for me. Its 150 to get it in my area and I just couldn't justify spending it (and at that point I had already had 3 regular ultrasounds). They are really cool when you get them done but I also wanted to leave more mystery as to what he looks like. I missed it yesterday but happy 25 weeks!! Just a dew more days and you're in double digits and fast approaching third tri!!

Agree with the products you guys mentioned. We use Aden and Anais for swaddling and it is great at night. We didn't do it at first because she seemed to hate her hands being wrapped up, but she only fusses about it for a minute and then sleeps through the night (5-6 hrs), without her startle reflex waking her.
The other thing that's saved us at night, is a sound machine. White noise really does calm babies down. I'm sure I won't be able to sleep without it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->