BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

I think 3D scans are fun if you can afford it. But they can be costly and once the boys were here they looked nothing like those 3D scan pics :haha: I wouldn't refuse one but I wouldn't pay a lot for one either!

@Daddiesgift, I had a few gowns, but since we use the fleece sleep sack swaddles at night, I have to say that whoever designed them is a genius- they zip from the top down (whereas most sleepers zip up) so that at night you only unzip it as far as you need to change the diaper, not all the way, so I don't have to undo the swaddle part or find both halves of the zipper.

@Hopeful, yeah I probably never said I study birds before... some people freak about animal research. I'm doing my PhD in behavioral neuroscience, so I study the neural mechanisms underlying vocal behavior as it relates to changing social circumstances. Think autism... no, the birds are not autistic, in contrast they are amazing at reading changing social context and altering their vocalizations appropriately. I'm an animal lover, used to be a zookeeper, and for a long time I thought I'd be a vet, but I'm fascinated by what "causes" the behaviors I saw for so long.
This is the necklace DH got me https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/nest-egg-necklace

@kksy9b Thanks so much! I can't wait for double digits and to be in third tri! :D I would love to know what she looks like and always thought I would, but I'm not sure how well she would show us her face anyway. I might be able to use that money towards something else too. How are you?

@Ameli Which sound machine do you use? I'm thinking we will get one because you can hear almost everything rooms away in our home. I'd hate to think that turning on the water might wake her. :haha: 5-6 hours sounds good! :thumbup:

@daddiesgift I think it would be easier for me to get a 3D scan if my doctor's office offered it. I would feel more comfortable and like it wasn't more of an expense because I might have to travel to the other place as the recommended place is a little farther away. Did you do it with both boys? I agree there are so many things I could get instead. Perhaps I could splurge on something else?! :D

@melann13 That's such a neat necklace. I'm sure you're great with the birds since you enjoy it and like working with animals so much. There was a time when I wanted to be a vet because I love animals so much. Sometimes they're easier to work with than people. :haha: Can you apply that research to humans and vocal behavior or it just about studying bird behavior?

Our office offered it for free so we got them done quite a bit in the end as it was just a switch of a button on the regular machine :haha: I saw same office for Dominic then for Anthony up until 23ish weeks when we moved back to America so I didnt get any of Anthony later on in pregnancy. Ill see if I can locate some to upload :) Newborns dont even look like what they will at a few months..few years ect. Dominic looks NOTHING like he did as a baby. Although he does make the same pouty face :winkwink:

Newborns dont even look like what they will at a few months..few years ect. Dominic looks NOTHING like he did as a baby. Although he does make the same pouty face :winkwink:

is'nt it weird how that happens? i feel like even one month after birth your looking at a whole new baby. they change so drastically.

@Hopeful, the work we do isn't "directly" applied to humans, but the theories are. For example, we know dopamine and opioids are involved in autism. My specific research looks at how androgens (testosterone) and opioids interact. I believe this could explain a little of why autism is such a male dominated disorder. Our lab does the primary research behind what motivates social communication (communication that is not extrinsically rewarded, e.g. breeding song is used to attract mates)

@daddiesgift I knew that some of the regular machines could switch to 3D. I wish mine did. I'm not really sure if it does, but I did ask them about their opinion and she suggested another place so I assumed their machine did not do it. I'd like to see them if you can find them. :D

@ALiKO :flower: How are you?

@melann13 That's very interesting! :flower:

AFM Baby Emma is definitely a night person. I'm sitting here watching and feeling her kick a ton. :cloud9:

We're on to March tomorrow and more due dates!! :D

Also love the swaddle blankets, sleep sacks, baby gowns.....nipple cream, breast shields, breast pump (you can rent these ) , glass bottles for bottle feedings, other than that cannot think of any other newborn essentials.

Congratulations very much to Ourlilflu!!

@KatyW Do you have any specific brand recommendations for swaddle blankets or breast pumps? I'm not sure if I will buy a breast pump or try to get it through my insurance at first. I want to get a good brand that's easy to use. Thanks! :D

@mummy2o Oh! I hadn't seen her ticker yet! :D

@magicwhisper I wait for night now and can't wait to see her. :D

@OurLilFlu Congratulations!! :pink: I'd love to hear all about her when you get the chance! :D I'll update the front with the details too and add you to the parenting thread!

hopeful- im good thanks :wave:. how are you and baby emma getting along? you'll be in the 3rd tri soon! :)

AFM ahhh cant believe April is next month! im starting to freak out a bit about labor. i also had things nice and situated but since i got bored i started a few new projects around the house that i may not be able to finish. ugh i hope im not in over my head :dohh:

Hey ladies! Thanks for noticing my little update! I still haven't written my birth story but it was an intense one, 42 hrs of labour before ending up in a csection because baby had pooped inside and was very very stuck, she ended up with a very swollen head, bruising and needing an IV for antibiotics and we had to transfer to a different hospital for that!

@ourlilflu
Congrats! I had something similar- 39 hours with meconium in the waters and LO needed antibiotics for chorionic amniitis, but everything turned out fine! I'm more than a month out now and no worse for wear!

ourlilflu- CONGRATULATIONS mama and welcome to team pink! :happydance:. sorry to hear your labor and delivery was a little tough, but i know it was all worth it in the end and im happy to hear that you are both doing well :flower:. ahh cant wait till its my time :)

@ALiKO We're good! I love her more active days. She's been moving higher so I can actually see her kicking around. It's such a special feeling/sight! :D I'm really starting to get antsy about getting things in order. It really won't be long until your baby girl is here! I've also started to worry a bit about labor.

@OurLilFlu Oh no! That does sound very intense. I'm so glad she is here and doing well. I hope you are both getting rest and enjoying every minute together! I can't wait to hear more. :D Did you name her Royen Arquelle? How's Kyiero adapting?

Yes her name is Royen Arquelle, Kurtis's mom's family name is Van Rooijen and both his grandparents passed away in recent years so we simplified the spelling to kind of tribute that side of his family! Love her name more everyday! Arquelle just made it on my list and it just is pretty and it worked, it's kind of made up, there is a band called The Arkells but we didn't name her after them lol I like it because I'm French also and it kind of fits the bill that way!

Kyiero is doing fine, kind of begging for attention at times but she's really good with the baby, she'll sniff her toes etc but knows not to give kisses. She's less curious now and more protective, she goes and checks up on her if she gasps, coughs or starts crying. Too cute!

@OurLilFlu I love the name tribute. :) I can't wait for my puppy to interact with baby Emma. I hope they grow to be best friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->