BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Hello everyone I hope you are all well :D

Ella Laura was born on the 18th May at 1.35pm weighing 6lb 4oz after a 12 hour labour. She was born with her cord wrapped around her neck twice then around her shoulder which made her heartrate drop low at times so we was in a rush to get her out. I got her out just before they would of assisted and got away with a small 2nd degree tear.

We are both completely fine after our distressing pushing stage of labour. Though I do keep thinking about it :( but most importantly is that we are both fine :D

We are completely in love with her she is perfect

Congratulations!! Sorry for the dramatic entrance but so happy to hear that you are doing well now!

Daddiesgift...I think you're up next! Any labor signs?

Wow! These May babies are popping out now :)

Congrats to all! I'm super happy for you all!

Labor signs? What's that? :haha: nothing too exciting. Everyday I get constant contractions all uncomfortable, some hurt but then they die off to nothing! Been walking, bouncing on ball, sex, chugging pineapple juice, taking epo and today I've taken a sniff of clary sage oil :dohh: my oldest is extremely sick so I guess maybe today wouldn't be the best for her to come so I'm taking it moderately easy.

I saw my midwife yesterday and she told me to use my pump for five minutes a day for some nipple stimulation so I guess there is always that left!

Wow! She is being a stubborn one!! Hope it starts for you soon! Were your boys on time, early or late?

Early! This is the longest I've ever been pregnant :) both came on their own, Dominic 37 weeks, Anthony 38+6. So I figured she would be before her due date but it's not looking that way! She has been a stubborn one this pregnancy, not a good sign for the future!

Thank you everyone :kiss:

I swear nipple stimulation put me into labour it worked wonders! Though I didn't pump because I'm not breast feeding

I've been rubbing them while in the shower. I told OH what midwife said yesterday and he said if I wanted he could play with them instead :rofl: I'll put pump together tonight but I'll wait to use it till tomorrow since Dominic is sick :( been disinfecting house all day. Don't want a sick newborn!!

So maybe tomorrow if he's better I'll go for a long walk, bounce on my ball, sniff my oil, have some sex, drink some pineapple juice while pumping then get on all fours and try to get her in a better position if that's the issue. Mw asked me if it's a mental block but I don't think so! I'm motivated to do this!

Congrats magicwhisper! Glad you're enjoying those precious early days :cloud9: Sorry your labour was a bit action packed :hugs: I had complications after my first DD's labour and it took me a while to feel OK about it but the memories do fade after a while, mother nature's way of making us have more babies I guess :winkwink:
daddiesgift hope you're doing OK, hang in there and fc she arrives very soon! :flower:

Good luck daddiesgift-

Athena- kimono style onesies for the first couple weeks til the cord falls off
Totally agree on the aden and anais swaddles. When I got them I was going to take them back because I thought that with all the receiving blankets and swaddles I had I'd never use them. I couldn't take them back though because the person bought them from a store we don't have in this state. Turns out I use them every FREAKIN day. The more expensive ones (there are cheaper of the same brand at Target) come in a three back and are absolutely beautiful- as such, I tie two of the corners together and wrap it around my neck twice as scarves. Instant burp cloth, nursing cover, blanket to lay baby on on the floor or outside, cover up the car seat or stroller or just let them wave it around and play with it! (LO is 4 mos tomorrow and loves flinging them everywhere!) Tonight I put it over her activity gym like a tent and she thought it was hilarious. Since I've started "wearing" them, tons of other moms from my mother baby hour have been doing the same. Unless you're a mom that has them you'd never know they're not just fashionable scarves! https://www.giggle.com/on/demandwar...d=0004099583&gclid=CNnP4antwL4CFaNhMgodYSYAaA
Bottles- we used Medela at first until daycare gave her a MAM and now that's all she wants. I do like that I can microwave sanitize them (the MAM pacifiers do that too) and she drinks out of them VERY well, but Medelas work fine for some people. I still have to pump into the Medelas since they fit my pump.
I love my Halo Sleep Sack Swaddles- although we're out of them now and no longer swaddling her at all...
Burp clothes- I use the Gerber cloth diapers (the cheap version) and have about 15 of them so that when one gets spit on I don't think twice about putting it in the laundry and grabbing a new one. I have one in almost every room of the house as well :)
We do use our vibrating seat (ours doesn't vibrate though- bought it on CL) as a convenient place to set her in the kitchen or even outside lately. Yesterday she sat in it and watched me plant some flowers.
The biggest item that I can't imagine my life without is our Arm's Reach Co-sleeper bassinet. Having her right next to me has saved me an immeasurable amount of worry and sleep. I bought that on CL too. I knew I wanted one early on and am SOOO glad I was stubborn about it.
Finally, don't be afraid to put a couple things for you on there. I put on Burt's Bees Mama Bee oil and lotion for my stretch marks. Some people like to get stuff for mom.
Also, I put on a ton of Johnson and Johnson Bath products for baby thinking we'd use them eventually. Problem is she reacts badly to them and they dry her skin like none other, so we returned most and bought other products to try.
Don't forget things like infant tylenol, gas drops, butt cream etc. You don't want to wait til you need them to buy them :)

daddiesgift - how exciting, i hope your son gets well soon.

today i ordered, the happiest baby on the block. apparently it is one of the best baby books. at least it is marketed as so. i m more interested in real mom's suggestions. any good reads you suggest?

I liked this one. Learned a lot. Because of it Felicity happily goes to bed by 7pm and gets up around 7am, usually with just one wake up to eat in between at 4 mos old (it was two until about 3.5 months)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0...1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0345486455#

Hello everyone I hope you are all well :D

Ella Laura was born on the 18th May at 1.35pm weighing 6lb 4oz after a 12 hour labour. She was born with her cord wrapped around her neck twice then around her shoulder which made her heartrate drop low at times so we was in a rush to get her out. I got her out just before they would of assisted and got away with a small 2nd degree tear.

We are both completely fine after our distressing pushing stage of labour. Though I do keep thinking about it :( but most importantly is that we are both fine :D

We are completely in love with her she is perfect

even though my labor was 5 hours it was an intense 5 hours. i actually didnt mind the contractions it was the pushing phase for me as well where i felt like i was'nt going to make it. (sorry if i scared any of you ftm :dohh:). pushing was awful i felt. Hana's cord was short so it also caused her heart rate to drop during pushing and i too got a second degree tear and one big bad hemorroid that was more painful than tearing!

after i gave birth and even now i still remember the pain and quite frankly am a bit scared to do it again. im not too impressed with the place i gave birth and i feel if i were somewhere else i would have a more positive outlook on my birth experience. so needless to say i would do it again but under very different circumstances.
congrats again!

Thank you everyone :kiss:

I swear nipple stimulation put me into labour it worked wonders! Though I didn't pump because I'm not breast feeding

yes i agree with this. from the moment i was sure i was feeling contractions i started to stimulate my nipples to make my contractions last longer and come stronger.

I have a strong forceful letdown as well and I was shown and told to not have baby laying down with first latch. I was shown hard to explain but like you would hold a baby on your hip or like babe sitting in your lap with their nose on top of your breast instead of to the side like in cradle hold or football hold. That way they are upright when letdown happens instead of laying down. They compared it to trying to drink out of a hose while laying down or on your side, you're going to choke!

Sore nipples and how long it lasts is different for everyone. A friend of mine said only four days for her, lucky b :haha: but for me it's awhile only thing I found to help was switching breasts and positions at each feeding. That way one part of nipple wasn't taking all the pain causing healing to take longer.

4 days! yes she definitely is one lucky b*tch! :haha:. they are definitely getting better (currently 3 weeks postpartum) and i feel my milk supply is starting to regulate itself out more.

aliko oww so cute :baby: mash&subhanallah again.

me and my next weird question :blush:, does pumping hurt as well? any difference between hand vs. electro pump (in terms of pain and comfort)?

thanks so much. alhumdulillah im so in love with her :blush:. i have an electric pump and it works wonders. its small and portable, has multiple suction and speed levels, and is more gentle on my nipples than my baby! :haha: it definitely came in handy in the early days when my nipples were unbearably sore and i wanted to give them a break for feedings and just give her a bottle. i use a japanese brand pump by a company called pigeon and its their premium model. cost me about $90.

im not too sure about a manuel pump but my mom used one once and said she hated it and it was terrible on her nipples. and then you have to sit there and physical pump with your hands which i guess can get tiring especially if its the middle of the night. i hope u find what works for you :flower:

Aliko I'm glad I'm not the only one that found the pushing stage the worst especially after everyone in general saying that is the "best" bit! Though very true people wouldn't have any more children if it was that bad :haha:

@imaginary8x Congratulations! I updated the front and added you to the parenting thread.

@magicwhisper Congratulations! I'm glad that all went well with you both. I updated the front and the parenting thread.

@daddiesgift I hope she comes soon.

Good luck, Daddiesgift! Also, Happiest Baby on the Block saved us! Totally recommend.

Also, Hopeful, I am so very sorry to read your siggie and realize you had a loss. I haven't been on this thread in quite awhile and I didn't know. Big hugs to you. You are amazingly supportive of everyone. I am so sorry. :hugs: :cry: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->