BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

yay athena!! enjoy the day! i felt like the rest of the pregnancy went so fast after v-day!

I was thinking the same. I'm still lurking here. Almost 30 weeks now though athena.

I'm still here :) Scarlett is nearly 6 weeks old! We are doing great. I usually get on BNB in middle of night while nursing her so sometimes I'm to tired to post I just lurk :)

I'm still here too, lurking also :haha:

Had an extra growth scan Thursday because they wanted to check baby after me having an emergency appendix operation after my 20 week scan. Baby was being awkward for measuring and then I was told by my consultant straight after scan that I have increased amniotic fluid :( so I'm going to have another scan on 31st July and baby is lying transverse so I've sort of scared myself looking up things and saw that babies can sometimes not be able to go head down because of the extra fluid.

Any way how is everyone else doing?

Daddiesgift- I'm the same way :) in fact, sometimes I type out posts but he finishes eating before I'm done and I wind up just deleting them without posting. Lol. How are your boys doing with Scarlett?

Jessicasmum- sounds scary to have had to have surgery during the pregnancy! Sorry that baby wasn't cooperating for your scan. I had multiple growth scand as well because he was so small. Its nive to get to see baby again but also a bit anoying to have to keep going back and be worried etc. Hopefully they can get all the measurements at the next scan! I was never told that I had excess fluid, but I did still have a large pocket at term. My LO was still doing flips and was transverse up to 34 weeks before he went head down. Hopefully your LO cooperates and gets head down for you!

How are everyone else's pregnancies going?

AFM- Charles is 12 weeks old now (where has time gone?!?) and doing wonderful! We are pretty consistent with getting a 6 hour stretch at night, eat for 30 min and then another 1-3 hours (The earlier the long stretch starts, the longer the second stretch will be). He is just the sweetest little boy and we are so blessed :)

Yea I'm almost 30 weeks. I went on vacation and gained 4 lbs which is new since I had lost nearly 20 lbs. my gestational diabetes test is tomorrow morning, I'm praying I don't throw it. My stomach has been pretty sensitive even since morning sickness stopped. Last week was out of my comfort zone as far as food goes because we were in Puerto Rico. Some places I just had to order from the kids menu to get food I'm used too.

Anyone using bumpers in their baby beds? I was told by a friend not to because it can reduce risk for SIDS.

Daddiesgift- I'm the same way :) in fact, sometimes I type out posts but he finishes eating before I'm done and I wind up just deleting them without posting. Lol. How are your boys doing with Scarlett?

Jessicasmum- sounds scary to have had to have surgery during the pregnancy! Sorry that baby wasn't cooperating for your scan. I had multiple growth scand as well because he was so small. Its nive to get to see baby again but also a bit anoying to have to keep going back and be worried etc. Hopefully they can get all the measurements at the next scan! I was never told that I had excess fluid, but I did still have a large pocket at term. My LO was still doing flips and was transverse up to 34 weeks before he went head down. Hopefully your LO cooperates and gets head down for you!

How are everyone else's pregnancies going?

AFM- Charles is 12 weeks old now (where has time gone?!?) and doing wonderful! We are pretty consistent with getting a 6 hour stretch at night, eat for 30 min and then another 1-3 hours (The earlier the long stretch starts, the longer the second stretch will be). He is just the sweetest little boy and we are so blessed :)

Yeah it was really scary having operation because it wasn't expected and also so worried about risk to baby.
Even though they are calling it another growth scan for the next one but just think it's mainly for checking the fluids.

Awww your little boy is so cute :)

Yea I'm almost 30 weeks. I went on vacation and gained 4 lbs which is new since I had lost nearly 20 lbs. my gestational diabetes test is tomorrow morning, I'm praying I don't throw it. My stomach has been pretty sensitive even since morning sickness stopped. Last week was out of my comfort zone as far as food goes because we were in Puerto Rico. Some places I just had to order from the kids menu to get food I'm used too.

Anyone using bumpers in their baby beds? I was told by a friend not to because it can reduce risk for SIDS.

No won't be using bumpers because of same reason your friend said, saying that my husband's nana bought one for baby but I can't bring myself to say we can't/won't use it but I know I definitely won't be using it.

Jessicasmum I have to have a growth scan in the next week or so because Eli measured small at 20 weeks and I was losing weight and also because they couldn't get a good pic of his heart. I feel like drs love to make us worry.

Kksy9b and daddiesgift I can't believe y'all's babies are already that big. It doesn't seem possible. How is breastfeeding? I'm kind of nervous about it. One of my friends that works with my husband has been so negative about it, she told my husband not to expect me to breastfeed for too long because most women can't/dry up early. Which I don't believe, since my sister had no problem breastfeeding her kids, but since hers dried up at 6 weeks I guess that means every bodies does. She's a nice person, but she's kind of a one upper. Like in December before we got our bfp. I was complaining to her about ttc being so hard and instead of being supportive she basically told me to suck it up because it took them 3 yrs to conceive. She told me not to waste my time with Clomid because it didn't work for her, well if I hadn't I wouldn't be pregnant.

Jessicasmum I have to have a growth scan in the next week or so because Eli measured small at 20 weeks and I was losing weight and also because they couldn't get a good pic of his heart. I feel like drs love to make us worry.

Kksy9b and daddiesgift I can't believe y'all's babies are already that big. It doesn't seem possible. How is breastfeeding? I'm kind of nervous about it. One of my friends that works with my husband has been so negative about it, she told my husband not to expect me to breastfeed for too long because most women can't/dry up early. Which I don't believe, since my sister had no problem breastfeeding her kids, but since hers dried up at 6 weeks I guess that means every bodies does. She's a nice person, but she's kind of a one upper. Like in December before we got our bfp. I was complaining to her about ttc being so hard and instead of being supportive she basically told me to suck it up because it took them 3 yrs to conceive. She told me not to waste my time with Clomid because it didn't work for her, well if I hadn't I wouldn't be pregnant.

I hope all is well at your growth scan soon :) I know what you mean over doctors giving you things to worry about and I'm a natural worrier any way always think the worse case with everything. I was told by the sonogram woman that fluid was measuring ok when I asked and then when I was in the waiting area waiting for the scan photo and notes she said "we will probably see you again", I was like thinking you just said everything was ok.

We use a bumper but it is one of the breathable mesh bumpers. Baby was in the "Arm's Reach Co-sleeper bassinet" until 4.5 mos anyway which has mesh sides. Now she's in her crib and has the mesh bumper on three sides (the back is a solid wood headboard). She rolls now and I am confident in her ability to move herself. Some friends have commented that without the bumper their kids have gotten their limbs stuck (not injuring themselves, just getting upset). my suggestion is to tie the bumper on the outside of the crib to prevent the limbs from going through but still not allow them to get up against it. It comes down to your own baby though. Even the nurse that runs my Mother Baby Hour from the hospital agrees. Most SIDS cases are before 6mos. My little one is 5.5mos, but the doctor has commented every time about how strong she is and has GREAT muscle control. She's even feeding herself with "Baby Led Weaning" now.
For breastfeeding, we are thankfully doing great! 5.5mos and going strong! She has started to snack on things at breakfast and dinner, but since we're following Baby Led Weaning she hasn't really ingested too much yet, mostly just learning to feed herself and try new things. So far she LOVES Belgian waffles (homemade, no syrup), sweet potatoes and cherries. Her milk intake has not decreased, and most likely won't yet for quite some time. Read about BFing and go in confident. It's AMAZING how much your mentality can affect your supply. I got stressed our needlessly a couple weeks back thinking that maybe I was having a low supply issue and suddenly instead of pumping 5-6oz in the morning I got 2. I got really upset and it just got worse. I got myself to relax and spent 2 days snuggling with my baby and letting her nurse super frequently (reminiscent of the first few days after she was born) and it popped right back up. A good friend has had issues since the beginning (various underlying causes) and she's still BFing at 5.5mos. She has had to supplement a little bit with formula as well as donated milk from me and another friend, but that's more because of her daughter's growth issues. Surround yourself with support!

Here's a couple more recent pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 6
I had a horrible time breastfeeding my boys for a ton of different reasons. I do think lack of knowledge and support was a factor but I eventually gave up and went to formula. It was very hard for me because Ive always been a "crunchy" parent so not breast feeding really made me feel aweful at first. Since Scarlett is our last and its always meant a lot to me to breast feed I kind of didnt give my self the idea that quiting was an option. One thing that really helped me this time was taking it a day at a time. Sometimes a nursing at a time. If I thought long run or to my long term goal on bad days it made me feel hopeless. So I would just say "I dont know about tomorrow, but we are going to continue today." This time has been loads better but I have still gotten mastitis, a plugged duct x2, a milk blister AND thrush. You know the fun stuff :winkwink: Now we are told I have vasospasms, as well as her clamping down causing blanching. Blah. So during those times I just tried to remind myself that it was temporary. Also HONEST support. Women who told me that it wouldnt get better right away, that they didnt start enjoying bfing till..., that it DOES make you sore even when doing everything right. ect. That really helped me to stop waiting for this magical date of things getting better. With my first people would say "oh at three weeks it was better...at two weeks..." ect so when those dates would come and it wasnt better I felt really down.

Not everyone has issues breast feeding. But I did. So for me this is what I feel has gotten me through so far...

1. Ibuprofen! OMG thank heavens for this. This would help so much during engorgement to help soften my breast enough for her to nurse better. And take the edge off of some of the pain.

2. Booby tubes. Pretty much something to freeze to put on my breasts during engorement to help soften them.

3. taking pictures of the times I enjoyed nursing. That way when I was feeling down I could look at those and know it was going to be worth it.

4. A call list of people to call for help. Ive seen so many people Im sure they are sick of me by now :haha:

5. Having pictures of sayings that help me example: "Dont quit on a bad day"

6. For me having ZERO bottles and formula in the house. I now have about 30 ozs of breast milk in the freezer just from times I pumped one breast because she was sleeping long and she never nurses two breasts in a feeding. But I still have ZERO bottles. Eventually I will buy some but for now when it is still tough some days I dont want a crutch in my kitchen.

7.KellyMom website. GREAT for information.

I could probably go on and on :haha: But I will say doing those things have made this soooo much easier and now I feel like I can do this long term. Im not having as tough of a time as I was those first two weeks.

i was thinking of buying movement sensor, especially the ones you attach on a diaper may work for me. i am freaked about SID, and i am not planning to buy bumpers for the same reasons... i say to myself i cannot control everything still i find myself reading about SID prevention.

Daddiesgift, glad to hear breastfeeding is improving for you and Scarlett. I really admire how you've persevered so far, hope you're able to continue for as long as you both want to this time around :thumbup:
Melann, Felicity is adorable, I can't believe she is 5 months old that has flown! Love her dimple :cloud9:
Athena and Jessicasmum, hope your growth scans go well. I had a repeat scan with this baby at 24 weeks as they couldn't see all 3 views of her spine at 20 weeks, just a precaution really but was nice to see her again :)
kksy, great to hear Charles is sleeping a long stretch at night for you :thumbup:
Afm i'm 31 weeks and very busy with decorating our new house as well as the usual working 3 days a week and looking after my 2.5 year old DD! Hoping it'll be ready to move in on the weekend of the 19th July so we can finally get settled in well in time for the baby arriving :)
I had a 3D scan at 28 weeks so thought i'd share the pics we chose:
10462006_688863034513739_2137725558039324165_n.jpg

Thanks buttercup! I actually have mastitis right now :( really came out of no where. Blah

Don't worry yourself about all the "what ifs" just try to prevent and don't stress yourself. We've always co slept with the kids and never had a scare. I keep baby napping in room I'm in to keep an eye on them.

Blast...hit the wrong button and erased my reply...this is why it takes me so long! Lol

Bumpers- we have a mesh bumper but our crib is an old one from my SIL. It is a drop rail (bolted) with slightly wider spacing between the rails. With that, my DS is still in a bassinet. He has great head control and it will still be probably another 2 weeks before we transition to the crib (after our next trip out of town) so I'm not concerned about the risk for SIDS and the bumper.

Breastfeeding- it's going great for us! He just finished nursing and its 4am so I'll come back in a few hours and finish updating this one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->