BFP- too early to be excited?

alc316

Early days with love #2
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have never used a site like this so I am not on top of all the lingo. My husband and I have been TTC for a very short time now, only about two and a half weeks. I only stopped taking my birth control pills when my last AF started on August 12th. By using that date I was supposedly most fertile around the 25th of August which is when we started TTC. My AF for September I guessed should have come around today, the 12th. So I took a First Response test on Friday the 10th and had a very faint positive pink line. So I made an apt. with my doctor but couldn't get one 'til this Tuesday. Of course, I couldn't wait until then! So I decided to take another first thing this morning! And this time, the positive pink line was much darker! Definitely a BFP!

So based on my last AF I would be about 5 weeks? Is that correct? ( I know ill get more info from my Doc on Tuesday but that seems forever away!)

I am very excited, of course:happydance:, But wondering if anyone thinks its too early to be to excited yet. And also, Looking for any feedback from all of you about when you think its a good time to start spreading the good news? To family, then friends, then everyone?

Thank you!:flower:

Congrats! My last AF started on 12th August too and i'm 4 weeks 3 days. EDD 19th May 2011.

We haven't told anyone yet. I'm waiting on the results of a urine sample I left in the docs and when the result of it comes back-hopefully tomorrow- we're going to tell our parents and my son just. We're not sure when to tell everyone else. I'm so excited and dying to tell people but don't want to scud anything!!!

oops, i meant to write 4 weeks in my first post, Thank you for responding! I guess we are due the same day! Congrats to you as well!

I think you're definitely pregnant, congratulations! The only thing that may warrant a bit of caution is that the vast majority of MCs happen in the first couple of weeks. I think I'll wait until week 8 to tell my family and week 12 to tell at work - but it is a very personal choice.

And be excited by any means!

Well tbh, i think im around 4wks and am scared to death as around 3 months ago i had a chemical pregnancy. Im mot telling anyone and not even putting up a ticker..how sad is that? It is personal choice. Its just really hard to untell everyone.

I just found out today too! WE told our parents, but told them to keep it hush hush. We dont' want to tell people until we know everything is okay! :) Good choice.

This was also my 1st month off the pill!! So, we are shocked and excited!

@ LHill- Congrats to you! A very exciting time! I am soo excited and want to tell EVERYONE! of course, I know I can't until WE know that everything is good. I wanted to tell my parents tonight but my husband had to work and we want to do it together and in person- so hopefully soon! I know my parents are going to be over the moon with happiness. I can't wait! I am feeling way to lucky to have had this BFP so soon, so I am praying everything goes ok. Again, congrats and good luck to you, Best wishes.

And thanks to all you have replied, I appreciate it!

Congrats hun :) I never tell anyonu until after my 12 week scan...its a personal choice thing huni xxx

hay hun its really up to u when u tell people they say to wait till u have had ure first scan at 12 weeks but i for 1 didint wait till then and told people wen i was about 8 wks but it is totaly up to u hun good luck xxx

Congrats! I told my parents but no one else for 12 weeks. I just wanted to be cautious.

Congratulations!
wishing u a healthy 9 months for you and ur little one :)

Congrats to you! I am also due in May...the 15th! This is our 2nd pregnancy. With our first, we told everyone pretty much right away. It was too hard to hold in. This time around, we have told our parents and our siblings. But we are taking it slow with everyone else. However, we are not waiting until a certain week to say anything. My personal opinion is that I would have a very hard time if something did go wrong...so I wouldn't be able to keep that from my friends and family and would probably need them for support. Like the others have said, though, it is a personal decision and I think you do what you feel most comfortable with...knowing the risks and benefits. (By the way, where did you get married if you don't mind me asking? The pic is beautiful!)

hi all

my last af was August 9th and based on the preg calculators I am 5 weeks 2 days. It was our first month of trying as well, amazed it worked so quickly. due date 16th
ay.

we have told my 16 year old and hubbys mum, but will be waiting till weve had 1st scan before we tell other people.

be good to follow each others progress with our May babies....

becci

im im the same boat..i had my :bfp: today i dont want 2 say nothing after i had a miscarriage at 20 weeks in febuary :o( i want 2 b excited but holding back till scans etc :o/ but congrats 2 u all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->